Administrative Processing Gang

Wikiposts

Administrative Processing Gang

Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:00 am
Just Joined

glasgow1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing Gang

Hi Guys,
Thought I would start up a thread (prob one already exists) for all those that are in administrative processing to share stories of how long they have been in AP and to explain to what lengths that they have gone to try and get an answer to get this situation resolved (even though technically there might not be anything that you can do).

* Wife is a USC and im a UKC
* I'v been in AP for 6 months
* Written to Congressman and Senator
* called the office in DC and London at least 30 times
* Emailed the London branch at least 15 times.

But still sitting in AP!
Whats your story?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:01 am
Just Joined

glasgow1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Administrative Processing Gang

Forgot to mention, wrote to the FBI
Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glasgow1
... explain to what lengths that they have gone to try and get an answer to get this situation resolved (even though technically there might not be anything that you can do).
Not "technically"... "actually". AP is a matter of national security for the US. No one is privvy to that information including you, your attorney, members of Congress, members of the House... no one. You can not get any information whatsoever other than "your case is still in AP"... and the FBI certainly isn't going to give it up to you! Sorry!

I understand and sympathize at your frustration and anxiety... but there is nothing to do but wait... and wait. Eventually, you'll be informed of a decision.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2010, 1:55 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

What is it that can cause a case to go into additional AP?
It's my understanding that ALL applicants go under AP (name and background checks) before an interview is scheduled. So why is additional AP even needed?
I've heard that people who are from or have lived in certain countries (that are considered hostile to the US) go through obligatory AP (on top of that done before the interview). Is this the case?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 2:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C
It's my understanding that ALL applicants go under AP (name and background checks) before an interview is scheduled. So why is additional AP even needed?
I've heard that people who are from or have lived in certain countries (that are considered hostile to the US) go through obligatory AP (on top of that done before the interview). Is this the case?
To my knowledge, yes. At least males of a certain age do, and some females if they've worked in or have a degree in certain fields like biochemistry and such.

Or if you have a name that matches a name on a watch list, they need to manually verify that you are not that person. It's the "manually verify" part that takes a long time.

Rene
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C
The name check is not AP. It is a security check which is done by inquiring of the CIA, FBI, Interpol, etc. using your name only as an identifier.

If there is a hit, the security takes longer.

If you are in AP, then it means the paperwork has hit a stumbling block and has been dispatched to Washington, DC for clearance.

At least this has been my take of AP over the years.