Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing Case Status Date

Administrative Processing Case Status Date

Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Checkmate1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing Case Status Date

Hi All,

Is there any significance to receiving CEAC case update date changes multiple days in a row? This is after a period of 3 months with no updates.

Tyvm.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing Case Status Date

Nope!

Rene
Old Jul 19th 2018, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Nope!

Rene
Ok. Before the date was only changing after I made inquiries through my Senator's office in April and then shortly after a rejection was changed to AP and they forwarded the case to Washington. (The status date was changing everyday basically) I have not made any inquiries for a couple of weeks. I'm assuming someone, somewhere has to at least view the case for the date to update?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 2:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been "touched".

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2018, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

It's been "touched".

Rene
Whelp. So much for my excitement. I wrote an email to the Senate office this afternoon and they told me that they've been in contact with both the consulate and DOS.
That's not bad in itself though.

Sorry to be a nudge, but do you have any idea if that status date only changes when someone at the consulate touches a case, or it's also affected by someone in DC touching it? I realize that's a bit granular.

One other question... If your medical is about to expire can you simply go and retake it on your own fruition or it should be directed by the consulate?

tyvm.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 5:33 pm

I don't know the definite answer to either one. I'm going to guess that the case updates when the case is touched by anyone, anywhere. Of course that could be something as simple as moving it from one desk to another, who knows.

As for the medical, personally I would wait for the consulate directive. Why spend all that money if you don't need to.

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2018, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

I don't know the definite answer to either one. I'm going to guess that the case updates when the case is touched by anyone, anywhere. Of course that could be something as simple as moving it from one desk to another, who knows.

As for the medical, personally I would wait for the consulate directive. Why spend all that money if you don't need to.

Rene
About the medical... the thing is that our UK visas expire on Jan 30, 2019, which will be after the date a new medical would expire. If we are still here after that date, then something has gone horribly wrong. (At that point the 300 pounds won't mean anything to us). Otoh, we have no idea when the visa might be issued. We are hoping to leave by September 1st. If we complete the medical before they are ready to issue, it should cut down on the processing time, once they are ready to issue? I was also reading that there is currently a one month wait for medicals. Might make sense to send in the passport as well actually. I'm not sure if a new UK police certificate will be needed if it's been more than 6 months from the prior one.

Those are my thoughts. I'm going to call the senate office on Aug 1 for an update and ask their opinion and have them contact the officer.
Old Jul 21st 2018, 2:54 pm

I had to read your other posts to remember your case details. Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I've only seen a few cases over the years that go back to Washington for consideration. They end up in a big black hole forever. Which wouldn't be so bad if you could both remain living in the UK (or elswhere), but I know you guys don't have that option.

With Trump in office, even if Washinton DID look at your case, I'd be prepared for a rejection. At the moment, be prepared for a very long (i.e. a year or more) wait on hearing anything. Hopefully a senator or someone can do something, but you should start thinking of Plan B.

Asylum for your wife is not really an option unless she has a truly credible fear of returning to Iran... she will be imprisoned, persecuted, etc. Even if you wanted to start a refugee case, you'd end up living apart for years while that processes, unless YOU can find a way to live in the UK. Above all, don't let her enter the USA without inspection, it's not a fun journey.

My former brother in law from Iran came to the USA and entered the USA without inspection. Spent time in detention until we bailed him out (expensive). 4 years later his case was denied in Texas. Got a different lawyer in California and filed an appeal. 5 years after that, the case was still awaiting a court date, but my brother in law died suddenly from a ruptured aorta and that ended that. My point is that asylum is probably only going to add to the stress, not solve anything.

I do hope this works out for you two.

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2018, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

I had to read your other posts to remember your case details. Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I've only seen a few cases over the years that go back to Washington for consideration. They end up in a big black hole forever. Which wouldn't be so bad if you could both remain living in the UK (or elswhere), but I know you guys don't have that option.

With Trump in office, even if Washinton DID look at your case, I'd be prepared for a rejection. At the moment, be prepared for a very long (i.e. a year or more) wait on hearing anything. Hopefully a senator or someone can do something, but you should start thinking of Plan B.

Asylum for your wife is not really an option unless she has a truly credible fear of returning to Iran... she will be imprisoned, persecuted, etc. Even if you wanted to start a refugee case, you'd end up living apart for years while that processes, unless YOU can find a way to live in the UK. Above all, don't let her enter the USA without inspection, it's not a fun journey.

My former brother in law from Iran came to the USA and entered the USA without inspection. Spent time in detention until we bailed him out (expensive). 4 years later his case was denied in Texas. Got a different lawyer in California and filed an appeal. 5 years after that, the case was still awaiting a court date, but my brother in law died suddenly from a ruptured aorta and that ended that. My point is that asylum is probably only going to add to the stress, not solve anything.

I do hope this works out for you two.

Rene
I just sent you a PM. In response to your post, no, we are not seriously considering asylum at this point. We are now fairly confident that we will receive a waiver eventually. This is for a travel ban waiver, and the waiver process is atypical. Refugee status in the US for her was never considered by us. Tier 2 might be an option for us as well, as my wife's work situation has improved considerably.
Old Jul 21st 2018, 3:40 pm

My apologies. In your other posts you mentioned asylum as an option.

I saw your PM. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2018, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

My apologies. In your other posts you mentioned asylum as an option.

I saw your PM. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Rene
Yes, at that time I was very pessimistic. I believe that was right after the rejection. The asylum would have been the UK, not US. I don't think either of us have a case for asylum. The idea was to possibly file a humanitarian case under EU human rights conventions.

That's all for now.