Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing

Wikiposts

Administrative Processing

Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

fahad will become famous soon enoughfahad will become famous soon enough
Default Administrative Processing

When my Mom and family went for the Visa Interview in Islamabad, the Officer put the case on Admin. Processing and asked my Mom to come again with my youngest sister with proof of relationship. He also said that he will review my Dad's medical condition.
After one week when my Mom went with my sister, the different officer interviewed her and said that she had prooved her relation with her daughter and if she wants hers and her children's visas right now or with her husband.
My Mom asked about my Dad's visa and he said that it will take about 1 month for his processing. Then she said that I wont go without my husband and said "NO". At that time she didnt know that she could wait 6 months after getting the visa. She also asked him if the children can get the visa but he said that they would only get the visa when you get it. I know it was a bad decision but she couldnt think of any at that time.
It has been now 3 months and they are still saying that your husband is under admin. processing and this type of processing takes about 4 months. I dont know what they meant by saying "This type of Processing".
Everytime when we call them they say that everyone is clear and we are waiting for your husband's clearence),If my Mom ask them to send rest of the family's visas if they are clear, can they do that?

I will really appreciate your response.
Thanks

Fahad
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Administrative Processing

Hi Fahad,

Pakistani males sometimes have very extensive administrative processing times. I know one man who is waiting 10 months after his fiance interview. Just recently he was called to re-do his medical and do another fingerprinting, and the embassy finally told him they are working on the final stages of his admin processing.

It is unclear exactly what they do during admin processing, I'm sure it's different for everyone's case. Further paperwork verification, background checks, security checks, name checks, could be anything. It often happens that some members of a family will take longer than others.

I don't think your mom did anything stupid or bad move. Her visa is approved, she just wants to wait until they can travel as a family and have the visas all issued at the same time. Nothing wrong with that. She can certainly ask now whether she and the kids can be granted their own visas so they can travel sooner than your dad. Your dad might still be waiting admin processing for several more months.

When I attended my fiance's visa appointment in Turkey, I helped do some translations for the Iranian people ahead of us in line. One older couple, husband and wife, had a similar problem. The wife was cleared to have her visa issued, but her husband was not...he had to wait for further admin processing. The wife was in tears, not knowing what to do...she didn't want to miss the chance to get her visa, but she didn't want to travel without her husband. They gave the husband another appointment in the afternoon to come back and check again, but they told them it's entirely possible it will take months for his to clear. They left the embassy and I don't know what decision they came to.

Good luck with your family's visas.

Rene