Admin Review?? - K1 Visa

Wikiposts

Admin Review?? - K1 Visa

Old Jul 10th 2002, 1:20 am
Tweetums

Default Admin Review?? - K1 Visa

Hi!

Just wondering how long is an Administrative Review? Average time? I'm from the
Philippines and right now our application is under Admin Review at the US Embassy in
Manila (since July 1). My fiance called them and the call centre said it's about 4
weeks. I know it may take longer but it would really help if anybody would share
their experience on this? At least have some insight how long we have to wait.

Hope that someone would be able to share their own experience on this. It would be
highly appreciated

miss tweetums

Old Jul 10th 2002, 3:20 pm
Andrew Defaria

Default Re: Admin Review?? - K1 Visa

tweetums wrote:

> Hi!
    >
    > Just wondering how long is an Administrative Review? Average time? I'm from the
    > Philippines and right now our application is under Admin Review at the US Embassy
    > in Manila (since July 1). My fiance called them and the call centre said it's about
    > 4 weeks. I know it may take longer but it would really help if anybody would share
    > their experience on this? At least have some insight how long we have to wait.
    >
    > Hope that someone would be able to share their own experience on this. It would be
    > highly appreciated

A lot would depend on why exactly they are reviewing it. In my case it took 1 year.

Andrew Defaria

tweetums wrote:

> Hi!
    >
    > Just wondering how long is an Administrative Review? Average time? I'm from the
    > Philippines and right now our application is under Admin Review at the US Embassy
    > in Manila (since July 1). My fiance called them and the call centre said it's about
    > 4 weeks. I know it may take longer but it would really help if anybody would share
    > their experience on this? At least have some insight how long we have to wait.
    >
    > Hope that someone would be able to share their own experience on this. It would be
    > highly appreciated

A lot would depend on why exactly they are reviewing it. In my case it took 1 year.

Andrew Defaria

tweetums wrote:

> Hi!
    >
    >
    > highly appreciated

Old Jul 10th 2002, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a snapshot of an administrative review that came from an Indian Consulate, where the initial 129 was given a 221-g and put under administrative review.

~~~~~The original 221-g/administrative review

`
This office regrets to inform you that you have been found ineligible to receive an immigrant visa under the following section(s) of the immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, as amended. The information contained in the pragraph(s) marked pertains to your application. Please disregard the umarked paragraphs.

[ ] Section 212 (a)(4) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone
likely to become a public charge.

[ ] Section 212(a)( ) __________________________________________

[X] *checked* Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone
whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration
and Nationality Act of 1952 , as amended.

[ ] Further consideration will be given to your visa application upon the
presentation of the following :
[ ] Medical reports of ___________________________________________
[ ] Three color photographs (see reverse) of _____________________
[ ] Birth Certificates (see reverse) of __________________________
[ ] Certified copy of the Alien Registration Card (Green Card) of __
[ ] Notorised Affidavit indicating that ___________________ is physically
present in the united states.
[ ] Credible evidence of adequate financial support.
[X] *Checked* - CASE IS PENDING FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.

~~~~~letter received from consulate on July 12

Thursday, July 12, 2001 1:54 AM
Dear Sir or Madam:
Mrxxx's case has been kept for administrative processing, as you are aware. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to resolve your case. I would draw your attention to an important limitation: Our office is beholden to the U.S. Congress for its yearly fiscal allocations. Due to the change in U.S. administration, as well as routine federal budgetary planning,
our office operated on a skeleton budget for the first half of the year. In other words, we did not receive an operating budget for travel or supra-consular expenditures until the beginning of April - the seventh month of the fiscal year. Naturally, the lack of such moneys has caused considerable delay in resolving many visa cases, such as the one about which you are inquiring. We kindly request your patience.
Further inquiries by telephone and email will not help us clear the case sooner.

Regards.

~~~~~~~~after this a Senator from PA took them under wing and began writing to the consulate.
They then received this letter on July 29th tellining him to return aug 29th.

`````

Dear mr x

THIS REFERS TO YOUR APPLICATION FOR AN IMMIGRANT VISA.
( ) WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ........................
( ) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED.
( ) WE HAVE COMPLETED THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE.
( ) PLEASE COME IN PERSON TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE WITH MR. .............
ON ANY WORKDAY, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AT ..............

(X) PLEASE COME IN PERSON ON AUGUST 29, 2001 WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
TO THIS OFFICE AT 11.00 HOURS.

(X) 1. VISA REFUSAL LETTER
(X) 2. PASSPORT
( ) 3. FEE OF APPROXIMATELY RS. .......... FOR EACH APPLICANT.
( ) 4. ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH WERE MISSING AND LISTED IN THE REFUSAL
LETTER.

(X) OTHERS :
PLEASE BRING IN ANY CORRESPONDENCES BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR FIANCEE,
TELEPHONE
BILLS FROM YOUR FIANCEE.

~~~~ the things listed were items that had previouly been availed to the CO. So he went wih the same as he had the virst interview . and visa was graned. never knew what the whole thing truely represented.
the time line on this reveiw appears to be April to August-6 months
Old Jul 10th 2002, 5:05 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what countries are popular for getting these Administrative reviews???

Has anyone from Canada gotten an Administrative Review???
Old Jul 11th 2002, 2:20 am
Omo

tara <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> ~~~~~The original 221-g/administrative review
    >
    > ` This office regrets to inform you that you have been found ineligible to receive
    > an immigrant visa under the following section(s) of the immigration and Nationality
    > Act of 1952, as amended. The information contained in the pragraph(s) marked
    > pertains to your application. Please disregard the umarked paragraphs.
    >

> [X] *checked* Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose
    > application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and
    > Nationality Act of 1952 , as amended.
    >
    > [Y] *Checked* - CASE IS PENDING FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.
    >
    > ~~~~~letter received from consulate on July 12
    >
    > Thursday, July 12, 2001 1:54 AM Dear Sir or Madam: Mrxxx's case has been kept for
    > administrative processing, as you are aware. Unfortunately, we have not yet been
    > able to resolve your case. I would draw your attention to an important limitation:
    > Our office is beholden to the U.S. Congress for its yearly fiscal allocations. Due
    > to the change in U.S. administration, as well as routine federal budgetary
    > planning, our office operated on a skeleton budget for the first half of the year.
    > In other words, we did not receive an operating budget for travel or
    > supra-consular expenditures until the beginning of April - the seventh month of
    > the fiscal year. Naturally, the lack of such moneys has caused considerable delay
    > in resolving many visa cases, such as the one about which you are inquiring. We
    > kindly request your patience. Further inquiries by telephone and email will not
    > help us clear the case sooner.
    >
    > Regards.
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~after this a Senator from PA took them under wing and began writing to
    > the consulate. They then received this letter on July 29th tellining him to
    > return aug 29th.
    >
    >
    > Dear mr x
    >
    > THIS REFERS TO YOUR APPLICATION FOR AN IMMIGRANT VISA. ( ) WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR
    > ........................ ( ) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED. ( ) WE HAVE COMPLETED THE
    > ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE. ( ) PLEASE COME IN PERSON TO DISCUSS YOUR
    > CASE WITH MR. ............. ON ANY WORKDAY, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY AT ..............
    >
    > (Z) PLEASE COME IN PERSON ON AUGUST 29, 2001 WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO THIS
    > OFFICE AT 11.00 HOURS.
    >
    > (Z) 1. VISA REFUSAL LETTER
    > (Z) 2. PASSPORT ( ) 3. FEE OF APPROXIMATELY RS. .......... FOR EACH APPLICANT. ( )
    > 4. ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS WHICH WERE MISSING AND LISTED IN THE REFUSAL LETTER.
    >
    > (Z) OTHERS : PLEASE BRING IN ANY CORRESPONDENCES BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR FIANCEE,
    > TELEPHONE BILLS FROM YOUR FIANCEE.
    >
    >
    > ~~~~ the things listed were items that had previouly been availed to the
    > CO. So he went wih the same as he had the virst interview . and visa was graned.
    > never knew what the whole thing truely represented. the time line on this
    > reveiw appears to be April to August-6 months

This sounds like the U.S. Consulate was giving the beneficiary the "run-around". I'm
just thankful that we, as U.S. citizens, have some recourse when the Consulate starts
screwing with people's lives in matters like these.

Three cheers for Congressional intervention!

Old Jul 11th 2002, 5:20 am
Karen

Our k3 visa case was put under admin review on apr 24, 2002. no explanation as to why
or anything. we've had my state senator enquire about the case but they are very
evasive. they just tell the senator it takes a while to process admin reviews because
they have over 600 cases pending. In the meantime our I130 has been approved a month
ago and is sitting at NVC. who know what will happen now???

Old Jul 11th 2002, 11:20 am
Michael D. Youn

PEACHSTER wrote:

> Anyone know what countries are popular for getting these Administrative reviews???
    >

Hi All!

The Philippines is one.

Take care,

Mike

Old Jul 13th 2002, 4:20 am
Andrew Defaria

PEACHSTER wrote:

> Anyone know what countries are popular for getting these Administrative reviews???
    >
    > Has anyone from Canada gotten an Administrative Review???

It's not done by country rather by situation. That said, some countries seems to
exihibit more problem situations than others that need an admin review. Canada is not
high on the list of those countries.

Old Jul 13th 2002, 5:28 am
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks