Reload this Page >

Admin Review complete:K3 and 130 approved?? confused

Wikiposts

Admin Review complete:K3 and 130 approved?? confused

Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Admin Review complete:K3 and 130 approved?? confused

Hi guys, I was wondering what happens if u get the approval for the 130 before the K3 visa? If the 130 approvalis not sent to the embassy (takes a couple of months) can you still travel on the K3 and adjust status in the US?
We have recieved a call in letter that says our admin review is finally over and we were worried because our 130 was just approved a few weeks ago. What will happen now? I dont think the embassy knows our 130 is approved yet.. since they are calling us in for the K3.
I know I should be HAPPY, but I'm just a little confused. First we had no visa now we might have two!
Help!!!
Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Admin Review complete:K3 and 130 approved?? confused

Originally posted by salooni110
Hi guys, I was wondering what happens if u get the approval for the 130 before the K3 visa? If the 130 approvalis not sent to the embassy (takes a couple of months) can you still travel on the K3 and adjust status in the US?
We have recieved a call in letter that says our admin review is finally over and we were worried because our 130 was just approved a few weeks ago. What will happen now? I dont think the embassy knows our 130 is approved yet.. since they are calling us in for the K3.
I know I should be HAPPY, but I'm just a little confused. First we had no visa now we might have two!
Help!!!
Thanks
Even though I know you're excited about your K3 admin review being over, and you want your husband with you NOW, WAIT for your I-130 interview! Coming with a green card stamp is so much better than a K-3! Sohail had to wait over 3 months for his EAD and social security #, and we've filed our I-485, but it looks like our wait will be a long one. In the meantime, every job in his field that he applies for asks for a US citizen or a green card holder. When was your I-130 approved? Do you think the interview would be soon?

Ayisha
Old Dec 8th 2003, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I should be HAPPY, but I'm just a little confused. First we had no visa now we might have two! Help!!!
Thanks
I have no answer on your larger question, but I'm really happy for you clearing the administrative review hurdle! I remember how down you were and you should be dancing -- if nothing else you got an approval, one way or the other. Congratulations again!
Old Dec 8th 2003, 3:25 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Help!!!
Thanks
Wow, congratulations! It's up to you how soon you want your husband here.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

saadq17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey salooni,

Congrats ..... how about asking an immigration attorney. You've probably thought of it but find out the probability of being forced thru another admin review when the I-130 processing goes into the embassy.

All the best to u!
--saadq17

Help!!!
Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

You guys with the I-130 approvals mystify me. The I-130 is what it's all about folks! That gives you your green card. The K-3 is just a intermediate stepping stone. If the USCIS handled I-130 applications promptly we wouldn't even need to have K-3s or any of this nonsense.

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Wow, congratulations! It's up to you how soon you want your husband here.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:29 am
Just Joined

T Atta is an unknown quantity at this point

Salooni that's terrific news indeed! I'm so happy for you. I know we've discussed this as a possibility with our attorney and if we find ourselves in it we'd wait for the 130 interview. But that's just Sam and I, and with ALL the hurdles we've had the past two years we'd prefer him returning on an IV instead of a NIV. As for our status, there's still no update on the security clearance, which puts us at 15 months and counting. It's still to soon to see what might happen on the K3. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

I guess part of your answer lies in how you feel about your present situation. If getting out of Karachi is top priority (which it would be for Sam and I) we'd go ahead with the K3. But now that he's in another country (and safer) we'd definitely wait for the 130. Either way, congratulations!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

menael is an unknown quantity at this point

i have an i 130 approval ,never seen my k3 !!?????
i agree with the previous posting that with poursuing the i 130 is much better than k3 ,but only if you are ready to wait another 3-5 month to complete the review ,,so far in my case i don't have a choice ,i could be taking the k3 if it was approved . keep in mind that if your wife enter on IV with i 130 approved ,your are all set with the immigration .so far after my i 130 approval ,i just paid the fees ,still waiting for the packet 3 to receiv it first then mail it back then get the final approval then sent to the embassy then the embassy send the packet 4 then the interview then I DON'T KNOW WHAT NEXT ??? THIS IS ALL THE STEPS YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGHT ,ITS LONG BUT THE RESULT IS MORE BENEFICIAL
its just my opinion,GOOD LUCK !!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Help!!!
Thanks
Hi:

The K-3 is still a pretty new beastie. I can't speak from experience, but my understanding is that the K-3 can be completed as long as the process was started before the I-130 arrives.

Also, unlike the K-3, the I-130 goes through preliminary processing at the NVC -- they collect the fee in advance, do the I-864 and collect the DS-230 part 1 and THEN send it to the consulate.

BTW, you do NOT have to do an AOS if you are here on an I-130. You are free to travel back home to complete the IV process. Back before the enactment of 245(i), it was quite common for people to travel abroad for IV processing even though they lived in the United States.