Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Adjustment of status/Permanant resident interview

Adjustment of status/Permanant resident interview

Old May 18th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment of status/Permanant resident interview

Originally Posted by Hank Hill
wow, some of those example questions I just would refuse to answer. Lets hope I'm not asked them on monday then lol
we asked the immigration guy about them, and he said sometimes they seriously have people in there that CANT answer ONE!!!
Old May 19th 2007, 12:29 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
we asked the immigration guy about them, and he said sometimes they seriously have people in there that CANT answer ONE!!!
Would love to be a fly on the wall on that day!
Old May 19th 2007, 12:29 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

wow, some of those example questions I just would refuse to answer. Lets hope I'm not asked them on monday then lol
You go girl!
Old May 19th 2007, 1:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

wow, some of those example questions I just would refuse to answer.
You always have the option to not answer... and they always have the option to deny your application based on your unwillingness to cooperate. Tough choice... but it exists.

Ian
Old May 19th 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Hank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You always have the option to not answer... and they always have the option to deny your application based on your unwillingness to cooperate. Tough choice... but it exists.

Ian

I'd love to see the appeal after someone refused to answer a question such as what sort of birth control is your wife on. I'd refuse to answer it personally and would feel comfortable about appealing any denial decision. There are a multitude of questions that can be asked to authenticate a marriage without such personal questions.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:32 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...view+questions
Here are a few potential questions.

• What did you and your spouse have to eat for dinner last night (last Saturday night, etc.)?
• Who cooked the meal?
• What is your spouse's favorite meal?
• How many rooms are there in your home? (Be sure you both count rooms the same way!)
• What did the two of you do after dinner last night (last Sunday, etc.)?
• What side of the bed do you (your spouse) sleep on?
• Where (or when) did you and your spouse first (or most recently) have sex?
• What side of the closet do you (your spouse) hang your (their) clothes on?
• How many televisions are there in your home?
• How many televisions have a remote control?
• How many stories in your home? (Or, what floor is your apartment on?)
• How many steps at the front door?
• How many locks on the front door?
• What time do you (your spouse) get up in the morning?
• What time do you (your spouse) usually go to bed at night?
• What color is your spouse's toothbrush?
• Have you met your spouses'' parents? What are their names?
• How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have? What are their names?
• Have you met them?
• What do you (your spouse) usually wear to bed at night?
• Do you (your spouse) have a car?
• What are the year, make and model?
• Where do you do your laundry?
• Where do you (your spouse) work?
• What hours do you (your spouse) work?
• What is the name of your (your spouse's) closest friend?
• Do you (your spouse) watch sports on television?
• What is your (your spouse's) favorite sport?
• What is your (your spouse's) favorite team?
• When did the two of you take a vacation last?
• Where did you go?
• Where did you stay?
• How did you travel there?
• How long did you stay?
• Do you (does your spouse) have any allergies to foods, medicines, etc.; and if so, what are you (is your spouse) allergic to.
• Describe any physical marks, scars, or tattoos that you or your spouse may have?
• When you and your spouse are lying in bed, which direction do your heads face?
• How many telephones do you have in your home, and in what rooms are they located?
• If you have a telephone in your bedroom, what color is the phone and is it a pushbutton or rotary dial telephone?
• Do you have an alarm clock in your bedroom; and if so, is it a digital or analog clock? Is it a clock/radio? If it is a clock radio, what station do you wake up to?
• How did you get to the INS office this morning?
• Who drove to the interview? Who parked the car? What car was used? Where is the car parked?
• What was the last home cooked meal you had? When was the meal? Who prepared the meal? Who was at the meal with you?
• When was the last time that you and your spouse ate a meal together? Where did you eat this meal? What did each of you eat?
• When and where did you last eat out together at a restaurant?
• What gift did you get your spouse (or your spouse got for you) at your spouse's (your) last birthday? Anniversary? Last Christmas? For Valentine Day?
• When was the last time you and your spouse visited with your parents (your spouse's parents)? What was the occasion?
• When did you and your spouse last go to a movie theater, and what movie did you see?
• What was the last video that you (your spouse) rented to watch together, and when did you watch the video?
• How many VCR's do you have in your home?
• Do you and/or your spouse belong to any video rental clubs or outlets; and if so, is there one location where you rent most of the videos that you watch?
• How many bathrooms do you have in your residence? If there is more than one bathroom, which bathroom is the one primarily used by you and your spouse?
• Does the bathroom have a shower stall or a bathtub/shower combination? Are the tub and/or shower enclosed with a shower curtain (what color?) or with a glass door?
• What size bed do you sleep in?
• Do you have a lock on your bedroom door?
• Are you using any form of birth control?
• What form of birth control do you and your spouse use?
• Do you have a medicine cabinet with shelves in your bathroom? Do you and your spouse each use a particular shelf or shelves in the medicine cabinet or do both of you share and combine your things on all of the shelves?
• Have you and your spouse discussed the issue of having children, and what is each of your positions on that issue?
• When (or where) did you and your spouse go on your first date?
• If you were married civilly, why didn't you have a religious wedding?
• Did you have a wedding reception after you were married? If so, where was the reception held? Who paid for the reception? How much did it cost? Who attended the reception?
• Do your co-workers (spouse's co-workers) know that you are married, and have they met your spouse?
• What bank do you and your spouse use for your savings (or checking) account?
• What color are your checks? What design is on checks? What color is your checkbook?
Hiya california bride thanks for the list of possible questions that is a great help at least i know what could happen, here is a laugh for you all my friend julie who lives in the uk she said just go in arguing and then they will know you are definetly married lmao which i thought was real funny but thanks to everyone for your replies, it just settles me a bit coz i am always nervous with any kind of interview process, and just want it to go as smoothly as possible your a great bunch of people to help me calm my nerves love to you all Michelle xx
Old May 19th 2007, 11:20 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MichelleAnn
thanks to everyone for your replies, it just settles me a bit coz i am always nervous with any kind of interview process, and just want it to go as smoothly as possible your a great bunch of people to help me calm my nerves love to you all Michelle xx
Believe me, more likely than not you will find the experience very underwhelming and wondering why you got so worried in the first place.

Good luck and best wishes,

~ Jenney
Old May 19th 2007, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Believe me, more likely than not you will find the experience very underwhelming and wondering why you got so worried in the first place.
Amen to that. Underwhelming was exactly what Sheila and I thought afterwards.

Ian
Old May 19th 2007, 1:15 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Amen to that. Underwhelming was exactly what Sheila and I thought afterwards.

Ian
Unless you get the DAO from Hell like we did.

Ah well, all's well that ends well, eh?

~SG
Old May 19th 2007, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden

~SG
That sounds like a story...
Old May 19th 2007, 1:31 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
That sounds like a story...
'Tis, and a long one at that. Boy, can my guy talk.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275839

~SG
Old May 20th 2007, 4:03 am
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

Good luck and best wishes,

~ Jenney
Hi Jenney and Mark thanks for that but i can be a bit of a worry wart sometimes lol xxxxx
Old May 20th 2007, 4:26 am
Caring for the Elderly

~SG
Hey i read your post and boy did you get one from hell, with my luck i most probably will too lol hope not.
My hubby has his own business and we went to the bank and boy we give up putting me on his bank accounts coz they wanted to know to much information so hopefully this won't hinder us hope not but we do now have me on nearly all of the bills, the only ones i am not on is the ones tied to the business, he has me on one of his life insurances and he has made a will out and obviously i am on that but i have not applied for my ssn as yet want to get my status sorted out first then gonna apply for it, but thanks for the insight at what could possibly happen and congrats to you both that you came out the other end still sane lol
Old May 20th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

'Tis, and a long one at that. Boy, can my guy talk.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275839

~SG
what a fantastic read.. thanks for sharing it, it was amusing, serious, and witty all in one.. what an experience. Guess i got away light on mine.
Old May 20th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MichelleAnn
Hey i read your post and boy did you get one from hell, with my luck i most probably will too lol hope not.
My hubby has his own business and we went to the bank and boy we give up putting me on his bank accounts coz they wanted to know to much information so hopefully this won't hinder us hope not but we do now have me on nearly all of the bills, the only ones i am not on is the ones tied to the business, he has me on one of his life insurances and he has made a will out and obviously i am on that but i have not applied for my ssn as yet want to get my status sorted out first then gonna apply for it, but thanks for the insight at what could possibly happen and congrats to you both that you came out the other end still sane lol
i didnt and still am not on hubbys bank account. the only utilities bill we have together are gas and electric. he changed me to beneficiary of his insurance at work. - he is a copper. and thats all they wanted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.