Wikiposts

Adjustment Of Status

Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjustment Of Status

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Remove the "]" at the end!

Ian
Obsevant, wasn't I (not!).

Thanks Ian.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

fitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nice

So ventured down to the SSO today, after some confusion and me trying to explain to them I was work authorized, I was able to get my SSN, which will arrive in the post I 10 days approx. Time to look for a job me thinks
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Good luck with the job hunt.

I just read in this post that you can't get the employment authorisation stamp if you go via Dublin or Shannon? I'll be booking my flights soon (going on K1) and was wondering if the flight has to be a direct one from the UK to JFK in order to get the stamp? Such a pain because aer lingus was about 300 quid cheaper!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet82
Good luck with the job hunt.

I just read in this post that you can't get the employment authorisation stamp if you go via Dublin or Shannon? I'll be booking my flights soon (going on K1) and was wondering if the flight has to be a direct one from the UK to JFK in order to get the stamp? Such a pain because aer lingus was about 300 quid cheaper!
Your POE must be JFK in order to get the temp EAD stamp.

You can have a connecting flight outside the USA, but your POE into the USA must be JFK.

Rene
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your POE must be JFK in order to get the temp EAD stamp.

You can have a connecting flight outside the USA, but your POE into the USA must be JFK.

Rene
And if going though Dublin or Shannon, the POE is at Dublin/Shannon, not JFK.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracym
And if going though Dublin or Shannon, the POE is at Dublin/Shannon, not JFK.
Ok, Thanks for clearing that up for me, now I can get the cheaper ticket!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok, Thanks for clearing that up for me, now I can get the cheaper ticket!
I'm not sure I did (or that you understood me)

If you fly from the UK to Dublin/Shannon - that will be the POE - you will NOT get the work stamp.

If you fly from UK to wherever (except dublin/shannon) and then to JFK - the POE will be JRK, and you will get the work stamp.

There might be a few other exceptions (canada?) but in general, the above is correct.

Edit: at least we presume JFK is still giving out the stamp, they still are as far as we know.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Right, NOW i get it. thanks.

I guess I just have bad timing flying over in the summer holiday season.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

fitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nicefitzeyhall is just really nice

Yes only if you fly from London will you get the stamp at JFk. You wont get the stamp if you fly from Dublin or shannon.

Its your call tho, if the tickets are 300 pounds cheaper, the EAD is $340 when you get to the USA but of course it takes time to get the EAD.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Yeah flights are around 400 pounds, plus its cheaper to get a return with BA or Virgin. I was lucky as my mother had spare points on her credit card, just had to pay the taxes & charges.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Such a pain because aer lingus was about 300 quid cheaper!
Unless you definitely have a job already lined up, I personally would save the money and not bother going through JFK. Unless you are extremely well qualified in whatever work you do, it's still going to take a couple of weeks to get you into the system to get a Social Security Number, then you have to actually look for a job... and that'll take some time, and interview... more time! And somewhere in there, you have to get married and learn your way around your new area. 90 days goes by really, really fast!

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Unless you definitely have a job already lined up, I personally would save the money and not bother going through JFK. Unless you are extremely well qualified in whatever work you do, it's still going to take a couple of weeks to get you into the system to get a Social Security Number, then you have to actually look for a job... and that'll take some time, and interview... more time! And somewhere in there, you have to get married and learn your way around your new area. 90 days goes by really, really fast!

Ian
I concur.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Ok so after a very busy month, getting married, finding 4 jobs, yes 4 jobs working non stop, its labor day and finally have time to complete the Adjustment of status paperwork.
Ok here goes just a few questions the affidavit of support has been checked and completed, do i sent the actual marriage certificate, I94, vaccinations or just photocopies?
As we only have 1 copy of the marriage certificate (the the golden seal, new york) but 5 copies of the affidavit, license and certificate of marriage ( the one with all the signatures on), is there anything else i need to enclose?, (of course the $1010 check sweeeeeeeeet!!) advise would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by fitzeyhall
Ok here goes just a few questions the affidavit of support has been checked and completed, do i sent the actual marriage certificate, I94, vaccinations or just photocopies?
Photocopies of the marriage certificate and I-94. Send the original sealed vaccination supplement envelope.

As we only have 1 copy of the marriage certificate (the the golden seal, new york) but 5 copies of the affidavit, license and certificate of marriage ( the one with all the signatures on), is there anything else i need to enclose?, (of course the $1010 check sweeeeeeeeet!!) advise would be much appreciated.
Not sure what you're referring to by 5 copies of the affidavit (you mean the affidavit of support?). And the marriage license and any other marriage documents you have are not necessary. You only need to send a photocopy of the certified copy of the marriage certificate.

As for anything else you need to enclose, just whatever is listed on the I-485 and other forms you are including.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

the affidavit, license and certificate of marriage came through with the marriage certificate its copies of the signed marriage certificate, from the officiant and 2 witnesses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.