Reload this Page >

address undeliverable?!

Wikiposts

address undeliverable?!

Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

stocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: address undeliverable?!

ok so would you both agree that for right now and the current rfe we do not add anything about my income and current loa status.

Just have my wife provide everything as I stated earlier, then take it from there.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stocks
ok so would you both agree that for right now and the current rfe we do not add anything about my income and current loa status.

Just have my wife provide everything as I stated earlier, then take it from there.
Re-read posts 39 - 42 in this thread.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Re-read posts 39 - 42 in this thread.

Rene
Got it.

Thank you.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

they will then ask for evidence of that employment right from me?

If they do I will be sending them a letter that I am on a LOA and not currently earning. The LOA is for 3 months, during that time I have been given approval to look for a transfer within the company. Or I might even change companies after 5 years on the L1a.

Thats why Im a bit concerned about them stating my income has to come from the same source once I receive perm status. It may not, it may come from another source, a new employer.
Please make sure I have this right:

You are currently not employed.
You are currently not employment authorized (you are not allowed to work).

If the above is true, your wife must complete I-864 AND if her income is insufficient to satisfy the I-864, she needs to find some assets OR a Joint Sponsor who is willing to sign that contract on your behalf.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please make sure I have this right:

You are currently not employed.
You are currently not employment authorized (you are not allowed to work).

If the above is true, your wife must complete I-864 AND if her income is insufficient to satisfy the I-864, she needs to find some assets OR a Joint Sponsor who is willing to sign that contract on your behalf.
I am still employed by my company.
I am currently on a leave of absence for 3 months. Its personal leave. I have 3 months to get a transfer. I will not return to my old place of work but I am still employed by the company and they have allowed me during the 3 months to look for a transfer and will support that. So really since Feb 17th to May 17th (or until I find a transfer) there will be no income coming in from my work. I do have good assets (savings, 401k, house etc) which we did include in the i864.

I have also been approached by a employer outside of my L1a sponsorship but unsure if I should take it as really I am still tied to my L1a until I get the EAD, or am I, I dont know?

That is exactly where we are at with me right now.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have also been approached by a employer outside of my L1a sponsorship but unsure if I should take it as really I am still tied to my L1a until I get the EAD, or am I, I dont know?
I believe that once a new employer files for a change of status on your behalf, you can then work for the new employer. I don't think you have to wait for the change to be approved. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ian
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I am still employed by my company.
I am currently on a leave of absence for 3 months. Its personal leave. I have 3 months to get a transfer. I will not return to my old place of work but I am still employed by the company and they have allowed me during the 3 months to look for a transfer and will support that. So really since Feb 17th to May 17th (or until I find a transfer) there will be no income coming in from my work. I do have good assets (savings, 401k, house etc) which we did include in the i864.

That is exactly where we are at with me right now.
It's not clear to me if you are allowed to be in the US on a leave of absence when you're on an employer+job-specific visa like the L-1. Ideally, your correctly filed I-485 would cover your status to remain in the US, but with two important pieces missing, I don't know when "PRUCOL" kicks in for you. (google's your friend)

Right now, you're not employment authorized to anyone but your (current) employer. When you get an EAD, you can accept other employment.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I believe that once a new employer files for a change of status on your behalf, you can then work for the new employer. I don't think you have to wait for the change to be approved. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ian
Really what it all comes down too for me is. Will it look bad if i leave the L1a job that i am tied too, then get a job with another employer and continue with my family based change of status?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Really what it all comes down too for me is. Will it look bad if i leave the L1a job that i am tied too, then get a job with another employer and continue with my family based change of status?
No.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

No.

Rene

i really thought it would and thats whats beating me up.

we are going to file the 864 as normal with my wifes current employment, if they deny, then we will move onto working that out with either my income or gettnig a joint sponsor.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's not clear to me if you are allowed to be in the US on a leave of absence when you're on an employer+job-specific visa like the L-1. Ideally, your correctly filed I-485 would cover your status to remain in the US, but with two important pieces missing, I don't know when "PRUCOL" kicks in for you. (google's your friend)

Right now, you're not employment authorized to anyone but your (current) employer. When you get an EAD, you can accept other employment.
We checked with my L1a lawyer before I took the LOA. He said it was fine, just as long as I did not leave the country during the family based change of status is in the process.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:08 am

Will it look bad if i leave the L1a job that i am tied too, then get a job with another employer and continue with my family based change of status?
No.
Look bad to whom? USCIS? They don't care where you're working or if you're even working at all. They only care that the sponsor earns enough to qualify on the I-864.

Rene
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:48 am

We checked with my L1a lawyer before I took the LOA. He said it was fine, just as long as I did not leave the country during the family based change of status is in the process.
AND assuming your correctly filed the I-485.
sigh, I don't suppose I am helping at all here.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Will it look bad if i leave the L1a job that i am tied too, then get a job with another employer and continue with my family based change of status?
Why on earth would the US government care if you do something that is perfectly legal and okay?

What's beating you up is your own fear. In the US, you are allowed to do anything you want as long as it is not specifically prohibited by law. There is nothing wrong with what you want to do. Get on with life.

Ian
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why on earth would the US government care if you do something that is perfectly legal and okay?

What's beating you up is your own fear. In the US, you are allowed to do anything you want as long as it is not specifically prohibited by law. There is nothing wrong with what you want to do. Get on with life.

Ian
So its totally ok for me to just quit my L1a job and accept a job from another company?

Is this only possible because I am currently under pending change of status to perm res?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.