Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Additional Evidence Request for I-751

Additional Evidence Request for I-751

Old Jun 7th 2017, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

lobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to behold
Default Additional Evidence Request for I-751

Hi all, so my wife and I have just received a request for additional evidence for our I-751. Not sure if we should be worried or not, but can't help but be a tad stressed! Info below:

I-751 Timeline:
Application submitted May 24th 2016
1 year extension letter received June 20th 2016
Biometrics appointment on July 6th 2016
RFE letter received May 15 2017

Our original submission included:
Identity documents
Name change documents (we both took the same last and middle name)
Joint banks statements for the 3 months up to submission
Tax return notices for 2014/15
Utility bills
Healthcare cards showing joint healthcare
Aetna Card
Screenshot showing I’m beneficiary of my wife’s benefits.
Travel Itineraries
Photos

We’re just wondering what else we could possible send them? We don’t have a child or mortgage, we’re renting the same apartment we moved into from before I had a SS number so I couldn’t get on the lease. We don’t have (or want) a credit card or loan.

So far we’re thinking of sending the following:
Marriage certificate and photos (even though we sent this last time!)
MORE utility bills
Affidavits of support from friends
Phone bills
MORE savings account statements
Letter showing my wife as beneficiary of my business account.
Most recent tax returns

Other than that we’re not sure what else to provide, if anyone has anyone suggestions we’d be eternally grateful!
Old Jun 7th 2017, 6:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Evidence Request for I-751

Personally, I would resend all the evidence previously submitted and include the 2016 income taxes with it. Also include miscellaneous bank statements from the time of your marriage to the present. Instead of a screenshot of being your wife's beneficiary on work related benefits, why not have the company's HR issue a letter on their letterhead stating the same as well as noting that you are the emergency contact. Include envelopes of mail coming to our apartment addressed to both of you as Mr. and Mrs. and if you don't have that various envelopes addressed to either of you. Yes, send the marriage certificate, photos of the wedding, whatever you have available even if previously submitted for AOS. They have probably not pulled your file and are looking at previous submissions but going by what they see in front of them.

We've seen this happen occasionally over the years where USCIS will ask for evidence that has already been supplied. Things get separated from the application, lost or misplaced. As long as you mail it all back to them by the date indicated you shouldn't worry. If they are not satisfied, they won't deny you out of hand but ask you both to come into the local district office for an in-person interview.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

lobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to beholdlobospire is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much Rete for taking the time to respond! This is EXTREMELY helpful and also reassuring!
Old Jun 7th 2017, 9:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Personally, I would resend all the evidence previously submitted and include the 2016 income taxes with it. Also include miscellaneous bank statements from the time of your marriage to the present. Instead of a screenshot of being your wife's beneficiary on work related benefits, why not have the company's HR issue a letter on their letterhead stating the same, as well as noting that you are the emergency contact. Include envelopes of mail coming to your apartment addressed to both of you as Mr. and Mrs. and if you don't have that, various envelopes addressed to either of you. Yes, send the marriage certificate, photos of the wedding, whatever you have available even if previously submitted for AOS. They have probably not pulled your file and even if they have unearthed them from the salt caves are not looking at previous submissions but going by what they see in front of them.

We've seen this happen occasionally over the years where USCIS will ask for evidence that has already been supplied. Things get separated from the application, lost or misplaced. As long as you mail it all back to them by the date indicated you shouldn't worry. If they are not satisfied, they won't deny you out of hand but ask you both to come into the local district office for an in-person interview.
Geez ... what a lousy typist ... I've corrected my post by inserting the missing word(s) in bold
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lobospire
Hi all, so my wife and I have just received a request for additional evidence for our I-751.
Did the letter specify what they were looking for?

Ian
Old Jun 12th 2017, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Jerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond reputeJerni has a reputation beyond repute

I would say you got the RFE because you did not send evidence spanning the entire period from marriage to filing the I-751. Make sure you send bank statements that cover the entire period, same for utility bills. If you send health coverage make sure you include policy documents for this year, 2016 and 2015.