Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Additional: Disappointed Fiancee

Additional: Disappointed Fiancee

Old Jun 13th 2001, 8:33 am

BTW, to clarify my previous posting, he is the one coming over to my country to visit the second time for 10 days vacation. Airlines & Hotels are confirmed. Don't you think he is just wasting his money and time? Take note... he fly business class with a prestigious airline.
Hope to hear from you, guys!

Old Jun 13th 2001, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

he might just enjoy traveling, I would evaluate and confront him on the issue that you made in your other post, the advice given there was very good, good luck.
Old Jun 13th 2001, 9:25 pm
KS

Maybe the guy is getting his act together....buying new furniture, saving for a
better apartment/home paying off his old car....maybe he is buying time because he
wants you comfortable and he was too shy to tell you his situation earlier.....ya
never know...just ask him guest wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 13th 2001, 10:42 pm
Jonathan_ATC

I agree. As well, two people with this lack of communication should in no way be
considering marriage. She is to wishy washy to ask him what is up. I think he is
probably seeing her for what she is doing, marrying to get a green card.

--
Jonathan ( As long as we are making up stories about someone we know nothing about.)
    >
Pages http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm Newsgroup FAQ
http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service http://www.ins.usdoj.gov
{I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For reliable legal advice, please
consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > BTW, to clarify my previous posting, he is the one coming over to my country to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > visit the second time for 10 days vacation. Airlines & Hotels are confirmed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Don't you think he is just wasting his money and time? Take note... he fly[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > business class with a prestigious airline. Hope to hear from you, guys![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 14th 2001, 2:13 pm
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
nothing
    >

I agree. It is possible that he is porking his next door neighbour. I enjoy making up
stories about fictional people too!

Grinch

Old Jun 14th 2001, 11:30 pm
Kimberly

"Grinch" <[email protected]>

[usenetquote2]> > I agree. As well, two people with this lack of communication should in no way be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > considering marriage. She is to wishy washy to ask him what is up. I think he is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > probably seeing her for what she is doing, marrying to get a green card.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jonathan ( As long as we are making up stories about someone we know[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > about.)[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

OK here's a story about 2 overly arrogant people that must absolutely think that they
know everything...have already gone through the processes ( I assume) and forget how
hard it was...and how scared one can be when thinking about it and get their jollies
from poking fun at someone who asked sincerely for some help. There is no
story....just the age old law of the universe...what goes around..comes around.

Old Jun 15th 2001, 2:37 am

Okay some of you here are poking fun on me or just beeing arrogant. You may just be lucky than me... "maybe, maybe not." However, each of us have our own problem... it could be your problem is greater than mine. Kindly look back and think what were your feelings while starting your paperwork... Was it easy or hard?
Speaking of marrying to get a greencard, Let's face it....
I believe if you are the USC, you have thoughts in your mind and have thought of the possibility that your fiance(e) could be marrying you for convenience. You have all the what if's. I definetely know that BOTH of you may have doubts of someone else's real intentions. On the USC part,
your partner might leave you after he/she gets a greencard.
This is an observed fact. But then, it only takes a matter of time before all these doubts can be eradicated in the scene eventually. Hence, don't jump to a conclusion immediately. You'll never know you could be a victim in the days to come. For the arrogants, I hope you'll ponder on this...
" Give others what is due to them so that they'll also give it to you in return" , a very good example is respect.
Have a nice day!

Old Jun 15th 2001, 3:00 am
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Not that I give a monkey's testicle what you think but......

Mr T Cat and I both gave valid suggestions for this persons fiancee's actions.

Mine that he may be involved in a relationship in the US and unwilling to commit
himself. It appears from the posters posts that she has not visited him in the US.
This may explain that.

Many people in this group get involved with people from abroad many from third world
countries. From discussions I have seen in this group many at some point in the
relationship question the overseas partners actions, whether it is a love thing or
purely to escape a life of poverty. This was summed up nicely in Jonothans post.

I am sorry you dislike my writing style. Unfortunately my name is not Anne
****ing Landers.

Grinch

Old Jun 15th 2001, 4:16 am
Jonathan_ATC

We were not poking fun at the original poster. We were poking fun at how so many
FEMALES in the group were making up stories about the MALE in the original
poster's story.

Like they know all about this guy, who has only known the woman for 2 months and they
are making up all kinds of stories about how he is a bad guy for not wanting to start
the process after only knowing the woman for 2 months. Anyone would be crazy to be
filing and I-129F petition for anyone in a country that has people marrying for green
cards. Perhaps the woman in the story IS just looking for a green card and that is
why she is so antsy about this. You can't rush love and marriage if you are truly in
love. If you are just looking for a green card, then you would want it to be rushed.
Kind of bowl the fellow off his feet, stay married long enough for the green card,
etc. Women in her part of the country (and many others) are doing just such a thing.

You may want to go back and re-read the thread to see the fact that we were poking
fun at Alvena and Rete and every other FEMALE in the group who posted that the man
was bad news and told the woman to dump him. This, in my opinion, is much more
harmful than Grinch and my posts ever could be.

We should NOT have to put up with man-bashing in here. Women can be and are just as
bad as men. Don't forget, it is almost always women who are marrying for green cards.
Men are just stupid and fall for it, I guess. We don't need any bashing though. We
are stupid enough already, we bash ourselves if given enough leeway.
--
    >
Steen's Visa Pages http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}
"Kimberly" <[email protected]>

[usenetquote2]> > > I agree. As well, two people with this lack of communication should[/usenetquote2]
in no
[usenetquote2]> > > way be considering marriage. She is to wishy washy to ask him what is[/usenetquote2]
up.
[usenetquote2]> > > I think he is probably seeing her for what she is doing, marrying to[/usenetquote2]
get a
[usenetquote2]> > > green card.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Jonathan ( As long as we are making up stories about someone we know[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nothing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > about.)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I agree. It is possible that he is porking his next door neighbour. I[/usenetquote2]
enjoy
[usenetquote2]> > making up stories about fictional people too![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Grinch[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 15th 2001, 11:13 pm
Kimberly

"Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]>

[usenetquote2]> > > > I agree. As well, two people with this lack of communication should[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > way be considering marriage. She is to wishy washy to ask him what is[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > I think he is probably seeing her for what she is doing, marrying to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > green card.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Jonathan ( As long as we are making up stories about someone we know[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > about.)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I agree. It is possible that he is porking his next door neighbour. I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > making up stories about fictional people too![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Grinch[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > OK here's a story about 2 overly arrogant people that must absolutely think that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they know everything...have already gone through the processes ( I assume) and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > forget how hard it was...and how scared one can be when thinking about it and get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > their jollies from poking fun at someone who asked sincerely for some help. There[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is no story....just the age old law of the universe...what goes around..comes[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > around.[/usenetquote2]

Jonathan, Thank you for that message...it does help me to understand more. I just
felt so sorry for the lady who wrote the original message. I'm lucky enough to have a
2 year relationship and trust it fully. I guess that I was putting myself in her
place, and wondering how I'd feel it I thought that I was being made fun of when I
needed help with something so important to me. I'm new to this group and am just
figuring out how to read all of the threads in the postings. I do apologize to you.
Thank you for explaining it in such a nice and non-bashing way. Grinch, I'm a bit
reserved in this apology due to your response..but it really wasn't any worse than
mine...so an apology to you as well.

Kimberly

Old Jun 16th 2001, 2:23 am
Baird

Go back to your GOAT!

Your an IDIOT

>

>
[usenetquote2]> > OK here's a story about 2 overly arrogant people that must absolutely think that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they know everything...have already gone through the processes ( I assume) and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > forget how hard it was...and how scared one can be when thinking about it and get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > their jollies from poking fun at someone who asked sincerely for some help. There[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is no story....just the age old law of the universe...what goes around..comes[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 16th 2001, 1:48 pm
James McCartney

>

It's "You're an idiot." classic.

Old Jun 16th 2001, 5:09 pm
Baird

Thanks again,

The sheriff will appreciate all your hard work.

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Your an IDIOT[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Old Jun 16th 2001, 11:22 pm
OcheeHeart

Jonathan and Grinch,

I am a woman, and I couldn't agree more with your take on her posts. I was wondering
when and if any one would question her motives, and not just see the guy as the fall
guy. "Guest" appears antsy, money hungry and not at all in love. She stated in one
post that if he had another excuse after the birth certificate, she would just have
to take another road. Another lonely business executive perhaps???

What was the comment about not getting him upset because he may have a heart attack
supposed to mean??? And, she won't meet and fetch him at the airport because she is
not getting her way?? I thought marriage was about love and compromise, not
ultimatums.

Geez!!! With love like that, who needs enemies. I see nothing wrong with him taking
the time he needs to make such a life altering decision.

Guest you will get your greencard, calm down. Please don't respond trying to prove
your love for this man to me...you haven't seen him in 10 months...you two have had
no arguments...but you probably won't even see him when he gets there...

Some words are pretty hard to prove with actions huh?? Is this your first greencard
attempt? Practice makes perfect.

Walk good.

Ochee

"Jonathan_ATC" <[email protected]>

[usenetquote2]> > > > I agree. As well, two people with this lack of communication should[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > way be considering marriage. She is to wishy washy to ask him what is[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > I think he is probably seeing her for what she is doing, marrying to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > green card.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Jonathan ( As long as we are making up stories about someone we know[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > about.)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I agree. It is possible that he is porking his next door neighbour. I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > making up stories about fictional people too![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Grinch[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 17th 2001, 4:46 am
Dave

Shows what a good pussy, er, possie can do for you...

"Baird" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > It's "You're an idiot."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > classic.[/usenetquote2]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.