Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Accepting job without EAD card in hand?

Wikiposts

Accepting job without EAD card in hand?

Old Feb 13th 2004, 7:06 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accepting job without EAD card in hand?

Haha, you guys are too funny.

I actually don't know why I haven't told her to open it and check. Because in reality I'm a very impatient person! I want results NOW! Hehehe. She's at work now though so it wouldn't do much good. Perhaps I'm not in a rush because subconciously I know that it will mean that I will seriously have to get a job...now that I have gotten so used to slacking off and not doing anything. Hubby and I will head ovre to mom's tomorrow for Valentine's, so I guess I'll find out then by the latest.

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:14 am
Mrtravelkay

Steffi wrote:
    > I think my card MAY have arrived. My mother-in-law called yesterday to
    > say there was a letter for me at her house (our old address)

Did you notify them of the move?

Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:49 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
Haha, you guys are too funny.

I actually don't know why I haven't told her to open it and check. Because in reality I'm a very impatient person! I want results NOW! Hehehe. She's at work now though so it wouldn't do much good. Perhaps I'm not in a rush because subconciously I know that it will mean that I will seriously have to get a job...now that I have gotten so used to slacking off and not doing anything. Hubby and I will head ovre to mom's tomorrow for Valentine's, so I guess I'll find out then by the latest.

Thanks guys!
Keep us posted!

CB
Old Feb 15th 2004, 5:32 am
Sfm

jeffreyhy <member184@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Sfm,
    >
    > Because she's the one who will be doing the job, not her husband?
    >
    >
    > Why do you suggest that the employer break the law?
    >
    > Regards, JEff
    >
    >
    > Originally posted by Sfm
    > >
    > > If it's contracted work
    > from your husband's place of employment why
    > not just put the contract in
    > your husband's name?

Well some employers seem to break the law everyday when they hire
illegal/undocumented workers; employers break the spirit of the
American dream when they outsource labor to cheap foreign markets.

The system is tilted in favor of powerful corporate interests and the
lobby.
No I don't think America should result to PROTECTIONIST tactics - I am
for free trade and I beleive in global citizenship, but on a level
playing field.

Now back to the issue of the lady that is awaiting her EAD - approved
and on the way. She has a job offer to do contract work for her
husband's employer and is still waiting to get her EAD card in the
mail.
Why should she and her husband miss out on the opportunity to earn
more for their family because the INS is slow to mail her EAD card?
Making arrangements to accomodate her temporarily until her card
arrives may violate the letter of the law, but would be within the
SPIRIT of the law.

Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:43 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I think my card MAY have arrived. My mother-in-law called yesterday to say there was a letter for me at her house (our old address) and it felt like there was a "credit card" inside. Since I haven't applied for any credit card my husband and I are thinking that it may just be my EAD card. I guess we'll see when we pick it up.

Aww Steffi!!

How exciting!!, so was that the EAD??, I hope so!!
WOOOO!!! GOOD JOB GIRLIE!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:16 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mrtravelkay
Did you notify them of the move?
Yes, 3 times by mail and 2 times by phone. Don't get me started! Grrrr.

And just to notify everyone, it was my EAD card and I'm off to work now.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 12:23 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Good girl! But working on a holiday. That's harsh.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, 3 times by mail and 2 times by phone. Don't get me started! Grrrr.

Congratulations, Steffi!! Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's off to work we go....LOL
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:30 am
K1 via London

Originally posted by sibsie
Good girl! But working on a holiday. That's harsh.
Do that many people really get off work for Presiden't Day? I thought it was only bank's and government people? But yeah, I on the other hand have been working about 10 hours a day. Talk about coming home and being ready for bed....especially since I've been sitting on my ass since July and am not used to work! I've been going through some BE withdrawl's, but I guess I better get used to that for when I get a real job.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 12:07 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Do that many people really get off work for Presiden't Day? I thought it was only bank's and government people? But yeah, I on the other hand have been working about 10 hours a day. Talk about coming home and being ready for bed....especially since I've been sitting on my ass since July and am not used to work! I've been going through some BE withdrawl's, but I guess I better get used to that for when I get a real job.

My hubby did not get President's day off, none of my friends did. I guess Bush is not that important after all
So how was your 1st work day?? Tell us all about it!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 1:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
My hubby did not get President's day off, none of my friends did. I guess Bush is not that important after all
Better read up on that one, Hyper. President's Day is nothing to do with Bush...
Old Feb 21st 2004, 5:29 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Don't work to hard now!

CB