Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

About to post your interview experience? Please read this first!

Wikiposts

About to post your interview experience? Please read this first!

Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:59 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation About to post your interview experience? Please read this first!

When people start threads to post their interview experiences, could they PLEASE state what the interview is for?? I can't count the number of times I've opened an interview-experience thread and had absolutely NO CLUE what the person is talking about.

Is it an AOS interview? An I-751 interview? An N-400 interview? Are they writing about a visa interview? If so, WHICH visa?

If you don't state what kind of interview you had, my only remedy is to search your previous posts (if you have any) to try to find some clue. And even that doesn't always work. And frankly, I just don't have the time or patience to do that (and I'm sure I'm not alone), which means I'm just going to end up skipping that nice long post that you took so much time to write up. Others who might really benefit from your experience will miss out because they, too, won't know what you're talking about or that it applies to them as well.

So please: Be kind and considerate to your fellow BE members and just mention what kind of interview it is, preferably in the title of your thread.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to post your interview experience? Please read this first!

I support this request.

We used to have a pretty firm posting style convention for this group when it was a Usenet group, due to the rules Usenet has and fewer people overall participating.

It's always a good idea to include a recap of your situation in the leading post of your new thread, so that members do not need to go find your old posts to figure out what you are talking about.

Obviously this will improve the quality of the information that the asker gets back, so it seems like an obvious choice to me!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:33 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to post your interview experience? Please read this first!

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's always a good idea to include a recap of your situation in the leading post of your new thread, so that members do not need to go find your old posts to figure out what you are talking about.
YES! A brief background recap is always a good idea -- even a link to a specific post/thread you previously posted would be appreciated.

(Good catch, Mo! )

~ Jenney