Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

about fraud for marryin with an F1

Wikiposts

about fraud for marryin with an F1

Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: about fraud for marryin with an F1

Hi Marc,

I think you have to decide which one is the priority ... marriage or education. If you want to get married, put your education on hold for a semester or two, and go with the K-1 fiance route. Yes, it takes time...that's just the nature of the visa.

If you want education, go for the F-1, and then when you're close to finishing school, get married and adjust status.

That's just the way it works. If you are intending to get married, you shouldn't use the F-1 visa to do that...you should use the K-1 visa.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

squentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Marc, ...that's just the way it works.... Rene
YES! :-)

and Folinskyinla's little tidbit shows: that if your student VISA expires while you are waiting for the endless K1/K3 approval you will be out of status and deportable! Immigration plans derailed.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squentna
and Folinskyinla's little tidbit shows: that if your student VISA expires while you are waiting for the endless K1/K3 approval you will be out of status and deportable! Immigration plans derailed.
If he gets married on a student visa (as he says he intends to do), he wouldn't be doing either a K-1 or a K-3.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Sep 14th 2008 at 5:35 am. Reason: better wording
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

squentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant futuresquentna has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If he comes over on a student visa intending to get married (as he says he wants to), he wouldn't be doing either a K-1 nor a K-3. Rene
You are right, he's got to set his priorities.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

YES! :-)

Hi:

I suggest you read the case I posted before making a comment about what I posted. I'm going to assume that the OP is an adult competent to make his own decisions.

The only reason Hosseinpour lost was that F-1 status in the 70's was renewed on a yearly basis rather than being issued DS. The DS was introduced in the late 70's and was then eliminated due to the 1980 special registration of any Iranian who had been in F-1 status in the US. A few years later it was reinstated.

Also, the expiry of the F-1 visa is meaningless while OP remains in the United States and maintains valid student status. And the fact that an AOS is pending is not a violation of status [and I gave the citation to back up my contention.]

I did note that his idea of being able to work was problematical. Further, I did not mention that if he will be going to California state schools, he won't be eligible for the in-state tuition the first term [semester or quarter] which starts after the first anniversary of the grant of his adjustment application.

I'm not making any judgements here. However, it is strings like this that make Matt Udall bring up "UPL." I taking care to separate out the advisability of his proposed course of conduct versus what the underlying law is. Either no one else is doing this; or if they are they are quite wrong on the law.

Rant concluded.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Sep 14th 2008 at 7:06 am.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 7:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I said "this is what is expected" in the States to convey the expectations of people in this country.
And, of course, you know what the expectations are across the entire US! At any rate, I specifically said "around these parts" which, apparantly, is higher than the average rate across the US.

Hey... slightly OT... that guy, Norval Glenn, has a 28 page CV. I mean, really! I think someone who needs 28 pages to document their academic life really has no life outside of academics!

Ian
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:36 am
Just Joined

XxMarcxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, thanks for your answers another question, If we go the k1 way, can I also go to America with an F-1 visa until I get the approval of the k-1, and then come back to my country and go to the embassy appointment etc, because then I wouldnt be using the F-1 with other intentions, just for go there and study, and then I would come back for do the embassy appointment, medical etc. is that possible?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by XxMarcxX
Hi guys, thanks for your answers another question, If we go the k1 way, can I also go to America with an F-1 visa until I get the approval of the k-1, and then come back to my country and go to the embassy appointment etc, because then I wouldnt be using the F-1 with other intentions, just for go there and study, and then I would come back for do the embassy appointment, medical etc. is that possible?
Hi:

Sigh. Please read my post. You are making it more complicated than it has to be. Why do you think it will make a difference, praytell?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

XxMarcxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Because then I would be able to start my studies while they processing my k-1
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:06 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding, If you want to resume your studies in the US then use the F1, the rest is speculation, maybe's and what if's. Who knows what will happen, you talk about possibly getting married but there's many a slip 'tween lip and cup - you can't know how this will all play out. Deal with what you DO know, which is you have available to the F1, you have a college place waiting - if other things happen then cross those bridges as and if you come to them.

Keeping it real simple and uncomplicated. If you intend to go on an F1 as a student then do so. If during the period of your course of study you decide to marry ( and for all you know you may well not) then do that and apply for the AOS. If your sole determined purpose and intention is to marry in the US then use the K1 route.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Because then I would be able to start my studies while they processing my k-1
Hi:

But why would you go through the K-1 process at all if you are already here on an F-1? I don't see the connection of continuing your studies on the F-1 while going via a more complicated process.

Sigh. Your life, not mine.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:20 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Songbird
My understanding, If you want to resume your studies in the US then use the F1, the rest is speculation, maybe's and what if's. Who knows what will happen, you talk about possibly getting married but there's many a slip 'tween lip and cup - you can't know how this will all play out. Deal with what you DO know, which is you have available to the F1, you have a college place waiting - if other things happen then cross those bridges as and if you come to them.

Keeping it real simple and uncomplicated. If you intend to go on an F1 as a student then do so. If during the period of your course of study you decide to marry ( and for all you know you may well not) then do that and apply for the AOS. If your sole determined purpose and intention is to marry in the US then use the K1 route.
I think his problem is he can't afford all of the tuition so he wants to be able to work to pay for his college. Plus he doesn't want to wait for the K1 to process which eventually would give him EAD. Basically he has to choose what he wants to do.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Songbird
If your sole determined purpose and intention is to marry in the US then use the K1 route.
Hi:

I'm in total agreement that obtaining an F-1 and then totally failing to attend school is a bad move, indeed.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sime303
I think his problem is he can't afford all of the tuition so he wants to be able to work to pay for his college. Plus he doesn't want to wait for the K1 to process which eventually would give him EAD. Basically he has to choose what he wants to do.
Hi:

That is not how I read his post at all. He keeps stating that he wants to do something counter to the idea of obtaining a work permit any time soon. Perhaps he wants to delay the marriage? It is hard to tell.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:27 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

I already been there with a visa F1, well the thing is that because of the crazy fees that international students have to pay I can't afford going to study there during the 4 years or more that id need, so we were looking for get married, since with the green card and the work permit things would be alot easier, we already know that we want to spend our lives together anyways, and thats the only way we have to do it, but the visa k1 takes too long
He wants the benefits of the K1 with the speed he can obtain an F1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.