Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

About to embark on K-1 Oddessy! WR-627 ... and Financial Situation Question...HELP

Wikiposts

About to embark on K-1 Oddessy! WR-627 ... and Financial Situation Question...HELP

Old Mar 26th 2002, 3:44 pm
Vision Genesis

Default About to embark on K-1 Oddessy! WR-627 ... and Financial Situation Question...HELP

I am about to enter into the K-1 mire...and I have several questions.

1. I am recently divorced. My income tax returns for the last three years show my
ex-wifes and my combined incomes. I have been in my own business for the last two
years. I have recently been seeking fulltime employment but at this point I have
been unsuccessful...so for all intents and purposes here I am unemployed. I have
money in the bank and own my own townhouse...but no employer to verify an income.
Will this be an impediment to the process?

2. I will be using forms downloaded from the INS in PDF format. Since I will not be
getting a packet from the INS...can anyone direct me to a website that lists INS
service centers and regions that they service...I need to know where to send my
forms packet to. I'm in Maryland.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at [email protected] .

<more - if you care>

It's good to know there are others out there suffering through this quagmire. Best of
luck to all who are truly in love with a foreign national and must go through this
indignant process in order to share their lives.

My beautiful, intelligent, and compassionate fiance in Morocco tried to get a B-2 to
visit but was rudely denied. Her treatment at the hands of the consulate officer was
truly unAmerican. I apologized for my own countries treatment of her. Her comment...
" it is very apparent that the USA hates Arabs." What a horrible impression to leave
on a people, but after what she descibed to me about not only how she was treated
but, others as well that day, I couldn't honestly disagree.

I tried to explained that the INS does not represent the true American peoples
spirit...that many Americans abhor this govenmental organization as well. I am
ashamed of this and as far as I can tell the INS does not much more than show the
world that our govenment is arrogant and heartless...how did this organization become
so powerful over peoples lives?

The frustration is that there is no recourse...you can not do anything about
it. They really made an error allowing September 11th to happen. And they made an
error in denying a visa to this diminutive, caring and beautiful woman to visit
the USA. I hope to see the entire organization dismanteled and rebuilt...there
has to be a better way and an improved organization that shows some compassion
for humanity. That is lost completely on the current INS. They have no right to
be so final and so arrogant...no where else would this be tolerated in America.