Wikiposts

? about DCF

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:06 pm
Aussie/USA

Aussie&Princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ? about DCF

A few here mentioned the DCF to my fiance and I. *Thank you btw* We are still looking into the best route for us to go since we have some time. My divorce will not be final for a few more weeks. On another board or email list, they mentioned that in order to do the DCF, I the USC must also live in Australia?? Is this true?

thanks..will have more questions soon lol

-Aussie & Princess
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ? about DCF

Originally Posted by Aussie&Princess
...they mentioned that in order to do the DCF, I the USC must also live in Australia?? Is this true?
Normally is the case, though it does depend on the country, but I don't think it is the case for Oz, otherwise people wouldn't recommend it here...
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:34 pm
Aussie/USA

Aussie&Princess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Normally is the case, though it does depend on the country, but I don't think it is the case for Oz, otherwise people wouldn't recommend it here...

Thank you Bob. Thats why I asked because so far that was the first I have heard of that. I been searching sites and after sites. Must say some give different answers for the same question and so hard to tell what is right and what isnt.

-Aussie & Princess
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Aussie & Princess,

Have you read through the US Embassy in Sydney's website? http://usembassy-australia.state.gov/consular/iv.html

It says this about DCF (although they embassy doesn't call it that...DCF is just a layman's term).

"..... if the American petitioner is in Australia, it is possible to file the petition for a spouse at the American Consulate in Sydney. Petitions for fiancé(e)s (K-visa) must be filed in the US but a cable notification of the approval of a K-1 petition can be sent to Sydney to begin the visa process. Spouses and fiancé(e)s of American citizens are encouraged to contact the Immigrant Visa Section at the Sydney consulate, about six months before their planned departure (see contact info below)."

There is also a phone number on their site, to call with questions. You might try emailing or calling them to get the specifics on how to file the spousal immigrant visa petition directly in Sydney (they probably won't know what "DCF" means").

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

sadie33138 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: ? about DCF

There is a lot of information on DCF in Australia on VisaJourney dot com.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sadie33138
There is a lot of information on DCF in Australia on VisaJourney dot com.
Including the Guide for DCF; a 'should read' before they contact the Consulate:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=dcf
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

sadie33138 will become famous soon enough

VisaJourney is a lovely forum, the people are really kind and helpful to each other. I know they will help you find the best way to file.