Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AAARGH! (Stress Stress Stress)

AAARGH! (Stress Stress Stress)

Old May 30th 2003, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AAARGH! (Stress Stress Stress)

Well, Dekkie has his interview date - he's off to Sydney to stand before our nation's ConOffs and plead our case on July 1, 2003 at 10:30 AM.

We keep saying that we can handle another month and that there is real joy in having certainty about the last step.....but this is going to be a LOOOONG month. I just want it OVER, and my beloved home.

Last edited by Dekka's Angel; May 30th 2003 at 1:39 pm.
Old May 30th 2003, 12:57 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAARGH! (Stress Stress Stress)

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Well, Dekkie has his interview date - he's off to Sydney to stand before our nation's ConOffs and plead our case on July 1, 2003 at 10:30 AM.

We keep saying that we can handle another month and taht there is real joy in having certainty about the last step.....but this is going to be a LOOOONG month. I just want it OVER, and my beloved home.

Chin up-allllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooot there,
Old May 30th 2003, 1:08 pm
Ronald Austin

Congratulations, Angel!

"Dekka's Angel" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well, Dekkie has his interview date - he's off to Sydney to stand before
    > our nation's ConOffs and plead our case on July 1, 2003 at 10:30 AM.
    > We keep saying that we can handle another month and taht there is real
    > joy in having certainty about the last step.....but this is going to be
    > a LOOOONG month. I just want it OVER, and my beloved home.
    > --
    > Dekka's Angel
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 30th 2003, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Iguess its pointless saying "dont worry". But DONT!! once this is over, all the other nonsense is easy because you will be together.
Old May 30th 2003, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

We keep saying that we can handle another month and that there is real joy in having certainty about the last step.....but this is going to be a LOOOONG month. I just want it OVER, and my beloved home.

Some suggestions to make the month fly by:

1. Plan a welcoming home party for him. Planning the details, inviting guests, etc. will help pass the time. You know when you are on a deadline the time whizzes by.

2. Make a list of things you need to do to make his entry into US life easier. Start with cleaning out a closet for him, a dresser draw, room in the bathroom cabinet for his shaving utensils, etc.

3. Start a list of his favorite foods that he will miss while living in the US. Impreach friends in OZ to mail you care packages NOW so that he has comfort foods when he first gets here.

4. Go to Vicky's Secret and outfit yourself decadently.

Rete
Old May 31st 2003, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

surfsbabe will become famous soon enough

Great news that Dekkie finally has a date for the interview.

Good luck to you both

Kate
Old May 31st 2003, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!

I know what you mean by the wait. I've had my interview date for almost two weeks, yet I still have nearly three weeks until the actual interview. I think this wait is worse than the 2nd NOA wait lol
Old May 31st 2003, 11:45 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Great news!

I know what you mean by the wait. I've had my interview date for almost two weeks, yet I still have nearly three weeks until the actual interview. I think this wait is worse than the 2nd NOA wait lol
Pimpbot .. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It can't be!!!

And D.Angel - congratulations on the interview date

Debbie
Old May 31st 2003, 12:19 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Rete

1. Plan a welcoming home party for him. Planning the details, inviting guests, etc. will help pass the time. You know when you are on a deadline the time whizzes by.

2. Make a list of things you need to do to make his entry into US life easier. Start with cleaning out a closet for him, a dresser draw, room in the bathroom cabinet for his shaving utensils, etc.

3. Start a list of his favorite foods that he will miss while living in the US. Impreach friends in OZ to mail you care packages NOW so that he has comfort foods when he first gets here.

Rete

Congrate Angel........... great news!! Soon you will be with the love of your life!! Well Done!!

Great ideas on making the time pass by. My husband to be will be landing in 17 days!!! Checklist just about complete !!
Cindy
Old May 31st 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats, Dekka! I know the waiting still has to be tough. I wish we had taken advantage of opening a provision file before it was obsolete, but things didn't work out that way. I remember when Pimpbot just landed his in time and I was very happy for him Still, his wait is 5 weeks and I imagine quite frustrating. I'm hoping we receive the interview date soon. Still waiting on London to receive the packet back. Here's hoping they have it ready next week! Good luck, all that has their upcoming interviews And, congratulations in advance!
Old May 31st 2003, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete

Rete
Angel, it must be so wonderful knowing you're so close now, but the last few weeks might seem like years! Rete has some excellent suggestions there, and I'd go along with all of that!

SecretGarden and I were talking just last night about what to do with our time now that we're at the start of our process, and it looks like there's an enormous amount of stuff to fill that time.

So, here's some of our thoughts (all of which are based on limitless amounts of time and money, so be prepared for some editing!)

1. Book a luxurious room in a top class hotel very close to the airport when he arrives - and ask the hotel staff to have a chilled bottle of champagne and two glasses on standby in the room.

2. If you haven't already done so, start keeping a journal (both of you) so at the end of each day you can write what each of you said, how you felt, what progress was made etc.... When you get together again you can swap journals and share all your thoughts, and you'll treasure them forever.

3. What's the state of play with employment? Try to ease his way into gainful employment by contacting and joining up with any trade organisations that may be relevant, try to get his name about in professional circles.

4. Build the thought of "counting down the time" into your daily routine, so you can see real results. Cross days of the calendar, perhaps if you take a daily vitamin supplement or something like that then count one month's worth out into a bowl and watch it empty over the next few weeks!

5. How's it going with planning for a wedding then? I'm sure you're not planning to stop by at the courthouse on the way back from the airport, so there's going to be enough work to do on planning that to keep you occupied for months! That's a two-person job though - You'll both have ideas and opinions, and in this online world you can make a lot of your plans together. That's going to be a really good use of your time.

6. Finally, there's keeping up with all the news on this forum! You've come a very long way indeed, and you've done it together, supported each other through the lonely times, and you're just a matter of days away from the start of the rest of your life. Your experiences on this journey will be of help and inspiration to all those who follow in your footsteps. Take time to look back on all that you've achieved. You're so close now...

Best wishes,

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~(learning by your example)
Old May 31st 2003, 2:34 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, Dekka. You are right about those 30 days being the looooooooongest in your life. But you do have some excellent suggestions there from Mr. Pink and Rete. Good luck and best wishes
Old May 31st 2003, 6:29 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Congrats Angel!!

Not a lot left for me to say really as a latecomer to the thread

This is what makes all the hassle of dealing with BCIS worthwhile!
Old May 31st 2003, 9:02 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrpink
Angel, it must be so wonderful knowing you're so close now, but the last few weeks might seem like years! Rete has some excellent suggestions there, and I'd go along with all of that!

SecretGarden and I were talking just last night about what to do with our time now that we're at the start of our process, and it looks like there's an enormous amount of stuff to fill that time.

So, here's some of our thoughts (all of which are based on limitless amounts of time and money, so be prepared for some editing!)

1. Book a luxurious room in a top class hotel very close to the airport when he arrives - and ask the hotel staff to have a chilled bottle of champagne and two glasses on standby in the room.

2. If you haven't already done so, start keeping a journal (both of you) so at the end of each day you can write what each of you said, how you felt, what progress was made etc.... When you get together again you can swap journals and share all your thoughts, and you'll treasure them forever.

3. What's the state of play with employment? Try to ease his way into gainful employment by contacting and joining up with any trade organisations that may be relevant, try to get his name about in professional circles.

4. Build the thought of "counting down the time" into your daily routine, so you can see real results. Cross days of the calendar, perhaps if you take a daily vitamin supplement or something like that then count one month's worth out into a bowl and watch it empty over the next few weeks!

5. How's it going with planning for a wedding then? I'm sure you're not planning to stop by at the courthouse on the way back from the airport, so there's going to be enough work to do on planning that to keep you occupied for months! That's a two-person job though - You'll both have ideas and opinions, and in this online world you can make a lot of your plans together. That's going to be a really good use of your time.

6. Finally, there's keeping up with all the news on this forum! You've come a very long way indeed, and you've done it together, supported each other through the lonely times, and you're just a matter of days away from the start of the rest of your life. Your experiences on this journey will be of help and inspiration to all those who follow in your footsteps. Take time to look back on all that you've achieved. You're so close now...

Best wishes,

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~(learning by your example)

The loveliest thing that happened to me yesterday was totally unexpected. Bathed in the afterglow of our approval, my husband called my office just to leave a message that he loved me in my voicemail and he also thanked me for "all my hard work" in getting us through this stage of the process. The I love you was not unexpected, but the thank you was and that touched me more than I can say. He gets an extra hug and kiss at the airport a week from today.
Old May 31st 2003, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

BritAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cindyabs
The loveliest thing that happened to me yesterday was totally unexpected. Bathed in the afterglow of our approval, my husband called my office just to leave a message that he loved me in my voicemail and he also thanked me for "all my hard work" in getting us through this stage of the process. The I love you was not unexpected, but the thank you was and that touched me more than I can say. He gets an extra hug and kiss at the airport a week from today.

Awwwww....how sweet. He's a "keeper" alright!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.