90 Day Fiance

Old Oct 26th 2014, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 Day Fiance

I have just watched the first season of the show, and all of them have now married, and... I liked it.
I hate 'reality' TV, and I have never really seen much of it because it annoys me in like five minutes, but I was interested in this because I thought I'd see how immigrants were treated in the USA and the challenges they face... that sort of thing... I didn't see much of that at all, and that could be because none of them were working, except the little model, but I kept watching because I fell in love with the little model Mormon and with Latina Paola!!! I think they are both adorable.

I was just... on their side. I wanted them to have happy endings and beautiful love stories. I had to find out if it worked out for them, and it seems it did, so I was happy.

They will both make fantastic Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

One couple from the first series did not re-appear in the follow up
no explanation given
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

WriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond reputeWriterChick has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT?! Who??? You MUST tell me!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
One couple from the first series did not re-appear in the follow up
no explanation given
All the couples who appeared in the first series were followed up. The only
missing one was a couple cast for the first series who never actually appeared because they split first and she found a new sugar daddy.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
All the couples who appeared in the first series were followed up. The only
missing one was a couple cast for the first series who never actually appeared because they split first and she found a new sugar daddy.
it was Louis and Aya

best write up

90 Day Fiancé Is The Best/Worst Reality Show – Slow News Day
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, I don't think I even knew about that one!
I only know about the Mormon chick from Brazil who started modelling, and the one from Colombia who is loud and adorable, and the Russian one who is very quiet, and the Philippina with the husband who has the ex-wife from hell.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Was Aya the one who has with the husband who has the ex-wife from hell?!
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Aya and Louis were in the follow up video on the website. Still together.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

OH MY GAWD... That review is HYSTERICAL!!! I love it - thank you!
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in the UK so I cannot see what is on the website - I watched the first episodes in the first series on Youtube. I'm behind, I guess.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

londonboy450 is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw the 1st season. Quite nice to see a show focus on the K visa process. TLC now on th second season. Very nice show ams interesting. There is also a show called marriaged at first sight which is nice also. Married at First Sight - Episodes, Video & Schedule - FYI Network
Old Oct 27th 2014, 5:47 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WriterChick
I have just watched the first season of the show, and all of them have now married, and... I liked it.
I hate 'reality' TV, and I have never really seen much of it because it annoys me in like five minutes, but I was interested in this because I thought I'd see how immigrants were treated in the USA and the challenges they face... that sort of thing... I didn't see much of that at all, and that could be because none of them were working, except the little model, but I kept watching because I fell in love with the little model Mormon and with Latina Paola!!! I think they are both adorable.
Paola is completely self obsessed. She has a narcissistic personality and already calls herself an American on twitter. She's an idiot of the highest order. Also, her 'husband' is really her front for the green card. She doesn't give a hoot about him; she just loves herself.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I don't take anyone on TV very seriously, but I think she will make a very good American.
After all, those are stereotypical American traits you've described. ;-)
Old Oct 27th 2014, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sheila forced me to watch a couple of episodes of this. The conversation went like this:

Her: "Try it, you'll like it."
Me, in Sheldon Cooper mode: "Oh dear god, what fresh hell is this?"

From what I've seen, the entire premise of the program violates the spirit of the K-1 visa. The purpose of the visa is to have a foreign fiancé(e) come to the US to get married because you have already decided to marry. These couples aren't ready to be married... they're still testing the waters; they're still trying it on to see if it fits! They aren't sure if they're going to marry... and, unlike the Hokey Pokey, that is not what it's all about.

Ian
Old Oct 27th 2014, 6:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sheila forced me to watch a couple of episodes of this. The conversation went like this:

Her: "Try it, you'll like it."
Me, in Sheldon Cooper mode: "Oh dear god, what fresh hell is this?"

From what I've seen, the entire premise of the program violates the spirit of the K-1 visa. The purpose of the visa is to have a foreign fiancé(e) come to the US to get married because you have already decided to marry. These couples aren't ready to be married... they're still testing the waters; they're still trying it on to see if it fits! They aren't sure if they're going to marry... and, unlike the Hokey Pokey, that is not what it's all about.

Ian
Yes, this is a good point. If it were a real show about the K1 process, it should be called '90 days to marry'.

I suppose 'The undetermined-amount-of-days-but-at-least-a-couple-of-months-before-the-90-days-starts fiance' isn't quite zippy enough as a title for the trusty 'learning' channel.

They must have run out of shows about rednecks, pikeys and the Amish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.