Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

9 Months later no baby, but an APROVED K1 Visa :)

Wikiposts

9 Months later no baby, but an APROVED K1 Visa :)

Old Aug 16th 2003, 3:41 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 9 Months later no baby, but an APROVED K1 Visa :)

After nine months she has finally been approved for her K1 Visa, even has her airplane ticket. It has without a doubt been an interesting journey full of change, uncertainty and an end filled with relief. For those who have followed my posts, I would like to say a heart filled thanks for sharing in the process with me. For those still waiting for their K1/K3 visa’s I want to share a short recap of what I have learned along the way.

With the BCIS service centers, I can’t think of a whole lot to say about. For me it took 142 days at Nebraska. The operators were generally rude and cranky and calling them seemed to only make my feel worse. Now there is a new national 800 number which from what I hear is horrible. Fortunately, I did not have to call it. I am sure that I felt just as poopy while I was waiting for my approval as those waiting now. Of course it took 142 days for me and some people are now pushing 200+ days, but do try to find some comfort in the fact that it will happen.

The National Visa Center was amazing. Three days to mail to Manila via DHL .Great customer service and a friendly staff.

The Manila Embassy has some ups and downs. I think that the main reason for any animosity that I might have is simply because this is a busy embassy. It is sometimes hard to get a hold of the immigrant Visa unit because of the operators transfer you all over the place. Sometimes the people they transfer you to transfer you to someone who transfers you to another transfer officer. Once I think that Jimmy Hoffa even answered the phone. I must say though that there are several employees in the immigrant visa unit who treated me with a great deal of respect and offered me true and accurate information. Out of respect, I do not want to use their names, but there was one employee who went far above the call of duty to assist me, taking several hours out of his day since last May to speak with me at great length. The $6.00 call center operators often time gave me information that was not accurate.

I am NOT a spokesman for the embassy, and it is only my opinion, but I really feel that there is a problem in the Philippines with women trying to escape from abusive marriages. The need for the embassy to conduct a, “Marriage Index Check� from the NSO is justified. From what I understand, the decision to place an applicant on admin review for this reason is based on a case by case basis. I recommend to everyone K1 or K3 to get a Cernomar on their own, as it will not hurt. It may or may not be needed, and is not accepted by the embassy but will help speed things up with NSO. It helps them verify things faster as the applicant records will be current. I have spoken to the Senior Officer at NSO and verified this info. From what I can tell, there is no need to ride the embassy, (As I did) to get the marriage index check done faster, it is up to the NSO. The NSO does post the three officers in charge email addresses online who perform the marriage index checks for the embassy. Being that they are posted online, I see no reason why one could not email them to verify that the request was ordered and when processing will be complete. I am grateful for the constant communication that they had with me… There seem to be no really mean people or demonic forces at work within the embassy, just a lot of really busy people. I learned that if you treat them like human beings that you will be treated alike.

I will be sure to check the forums from time to time and see how some of the friends that I have met are coming along and see if my opinions or speculations can be of any assistance.

Scott Henshaw

Last edited by ScottHenshaw; Aug 19th 2003 at 4:54 am.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 5:07 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough

Hello Scott,
I am happy to hear that your Nanette has her visa and soon you will be able to hug your strongly and forget all hardships you met on line of marriage-based visa process.

It was pleasure for me to read you post-reveiw about every step which you did and you opinion about service and people you met.
I think that everyone knows you here on Forum and follows your posts, you have received a help and support from us, but we had and have a lot from you also, your humor keeps in high spirit, because we know that you felt all feelings we have now and you can understand us....

oh..... what a philosophic talk am I speaking?? BE HAPPY WITH HER AND ENJOY TIME WITH HER, because you both deserve for this!!!!!

Olenka
Old Aug 16th 2003, 5:13 pm
Heading home for X-mas...

Endymion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 9 Months later no baby, but an APROVED K1 Visa :)

As I have been following your posts ever since I got registered at BE (and quite a while before)- I just want to congratulate you on this well deserved "success" - and to thank you for all the information you shared on the board and on the web... (what would I have done with this I-129F without your homepage after all??? )

ENJOY your life together!!!

Greetings,

Rebecca.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 11:21 pm
Dreaming of the bay

tbiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
After nine months she has finally been approved for her K1 Visa, even has her airplane ticket. I will be sure to check the forums from time to time and see how some of the friends that I have met are coming along and see if my opinions or speculations can be of any assistance.
Congratulations to you both.

Cheers - Tim
Old Aug 16th 2003, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Well well well,Its about time too!!!
This has been along time coming,Now just sit back and wait for her arrival
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sal
Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

farhan will become famous soon enough

Congratulations - Good luck with everything.

(HUG)
Old Aug 17th 2003, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, at long last, to you and Nanette! Your sense of humor, pluckiness and sheer never say die about this whole process was a major plus on the NG, in my opinion.

Good luck - go enjoy your life and your soon-to-be new bride!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 2:25 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent... please help!!!

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw Urgent is getting your testicals caught in a locked door and not having the keys in your handScott Henshaw
Screams in agony!!!!!

Old Aug 17th 2003, 4:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Scott and Nanette! :-)
Old Aug 17th 2003, 4:37 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

Yay Scott and Nanette!! I've been watching your posts since December when I signed up to BE. Thanks for all your info., and mostly your humor. You're gonna have a great life with your honey and I'm sure she enjoys that humor of yours as much as we do!! I hope I'm invited to the BBQ...bbq sauce is one of man's greatest inventions in my opinion!!! Thanks for being here for all of us Scott!! Many hugs go out to you!!!

Love,

Carey
Old Aug 17th 2003, 4:55 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats

Wooo CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for your guys!!, Enjoy it!!.
I havent read your posts from the very begining.. but it has been pretty cool to have you guys here posting your experiences..
Thank you guys and HAVE FUN!!!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Breebree is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so happy for you Scott. Like others have said I have read about your journey and I am so glad to hear that this leg will be over for you soon. It will be nice to hear about the wedding and the rest of your travels here. See you around Greenlake! (I live in Seattle too)
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:21 am
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

That is wonderful to hear Scott!! It always cheers me up to hear about those who have completed the process; kinda reminds me that our day will come too.

I do appreciate too, your words of advice...sometimes I too forget to take some things with a grain of salt.

I know that you and Nanette will have a wonderful life together. Just having been through this has made your relationship stronger, and you will be all the better for it. Congratulations to both of you!!

Rebecca
Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:26 am
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
Congratulations, at long last, to you and Nanette! Your sense of humor, pluckiness and sheer never say die about this whole process was a major plus on the NG, in my opinion.

Good luck - go enjoy your life and your soon-to-be new bride!
Yep, I' like to echo everything Dekka said.

Pleasure having you around. Delighted to hear your waiting's over.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

About damn time! This is great news and I've been looking forward to hearing this, for oh...about 9 months Finally, the last one out of our little gang made it through the tunnel Very happy for you, Scott!! Have a beer for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.