Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

8th December - longest waiting time ever!

Wikiposts

8th December - longest waiting time ever!

Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice
Default 8th December - longest waiting time ever!

Hi,

I had my interview on the 8th December. I was there around 9am but managed to be the last in line for the immigrant visas (just my luck). Anyway to cut a long wait short, I was out by 3.30pm.

Oh yes and my interview lasted 2 minutes and I got the blue form.

I have sent everything in and I am now hoping for my passport back so I can visit my wife for Christmas.

Has anyone sent in additional info around Wednesday 17th and received their passport back yet?? (I know, I know all cases are different)

James
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

jbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nicejbrierley82 is just really nice
Default Re: 8th December - longest waiting time ever!

I meant Wednesday 10th!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Toonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jbrierley82
I meant Wednesday 10th!
I had my interview the same day - we must have been waiting together in the mass of people. My interview was at 225 pm so I was ahead of you.

I had some issue with a mild asthma so the letter from my GP only arrived at the doctors yesterday and they told me they were sending my package to the Embassy this afternoon.

I am not sure whether to expect my passport back before Christmas as they did say 3-5 working days before the passport is returned. I think they send you a text to say it's on its way.

It could arrive the end of this week if you sent everything back last week but I wouldn't count on it if you are thinking about buying a ticket.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I was 5018 so was last in line. I imagine you were 5016 or something like that!

I think the consular officer must have been late in that day because i recall them starting to call the really low numbers around midday.

James
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:19 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

It might be helpful to the rest of us who were not there, if you told us where you were and what you were waiting for.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

London via dcf for an IR1 immigrant visa
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant
It might be helpful to the rest of us who were not there, if you told us where you were and what you were waiting for.

Why? All one needs to do is be a frequent reader of the forum and/or do a search.

Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:44 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Why? All one needs to do is be a frequent reader of the forum and/or do a search.

Ah yes... search for information that should have been in the OP. Silly me.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:26 am
Country Member

London via dcf for an IR1 immigrant visa
Thanks. Makes it much easier to understand. Hope you make it for your Christmas trip.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

I got a call from the consular officer. My visa has been approved! One catch though, I have to go all the way back to the embassy as he forgot to get me to sign something. Scotland to London again!

But then he will give me the passport with visa on the day I come in so I can fly for Christmas.

So great news overall!

James
Old Dec 18th 2008, 1:49 am
Country Member

One catch though, I have to go all the way back to the embassy as he forgot to get me to sign something. Scotland to London again!
My tax dollars at work.

Have a great trip.

a.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I got a call from the consular officer. My visa has been approved! One catch though, I have to go all the way back to the embassy as he forgot to get me to sign something. Scotland to London again!

But then he will give me the passport with visa on the day I come in so I can fly for Christmas.

So great news overall!

James
Wonderful news, Jim

Please be sure that you that appointment in writing. You can't just drop in. An email from him telling you to come by for your passport on such and such a date should work.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Jim, that's great news!

I'm so happy for you.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Toonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to allToonyank is a name known to all

Jim

Just got my approval too! Package and passport were delivered by courier to me today. I had a follow up letter regarding a medical issue that was received by the embassy doctor Monday 15th (interview same day as yours 8th) and the doctor told me the package was waiting to be picked up by the courier on tuesday 16th to take to embassy. So one day for approval - I am impressed!

Good luck with your move and hope you make it there before Christmas.