Wikiposts

751s TSC

Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:14 am
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice
Question 751s TSC

What is going on with TSC and 751s?

Has anyone been approved recently?

My husband sent his 751 in April? USCIS websites states 6 months for adjudication. We have passed the 6 month mark, not by much though.
BTW, we have already done biometrics back in May.

Just curious to see if others have been approved recently from TSC on their 751s?

thanks
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:21 am
jfc
Just Joined

jfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 751s TSC

we're still here with you! my hubby also submitted in april and had his biometrics done in May and we're still waiting. I'm interested to see what the new timelines are when they're posted this month...
--jen
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:34 am
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice

Originally Posted by jfc
we're still here with you! my hubby also submitted in april and had his biometrics done in May and we're still waiting. I'm interested to see what the new timelines are when they're posted this month...
--jen
I am eagerly awaiting the date they post also. What should we do if the date they post is after April? We can't schedule an infopass because Atlanta won't have a clue as to what Texas is doing.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. I have a friend that submitted his 751 in early April, if I hear any updates from him, i'll let you know.

keep me posted!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

That 6 months stated on the website is complete crap, like most dates on there.

For reference, my I-751 was processed by the TSC around a year ago; took about 7 months from submittal to new card arriving in the post.

At the current time with the disasters they have created there with the fee hikes, it might take longer.

I wouldn't be unduly worried at all. However, if the date has passed that advised on here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=TSC

by all means chase them up as advised here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/f_english.pdf

Last edited by Dan725; Nov 7th 2007 at 3:32 am.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:40 am
jfc
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iniaki
I am eagerly awaiting the date they post also. What should we do if the date they post is after April? We can't schedule an infopass because Atlanta won't have a clue as to what Texas is doing.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. I have a friend that submitted his 751 in early April, if I hear any updates from him, i'll let you know.

keep me posted!
To answer your question...I guess if they post after April then we'll have to make an appt or call. Just hang in there...it sounds like these things are very slow. I think they just got bogged down with other apps that came in right before the fees went up.

Now that our son has been born, hubby really wants to get his citizenship so we figure that if the 751 takes too long, we'll just apply for that.

anyway, keep posting here, or send me an email offline and we'll keep in touch. If one of us gets approved and the other doesn't, THEN I'll get worried
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:50 am
Boxer's are the Best

Originally Posted by jfc
To answer your question...I guess if they post after April then we'll have to make an appt or call. Just hang in there...it sounds like these things are very slow. I think they just got bogged down with other apps that came in right before the fees went up.

Now that our son has been born, hubby really wants to get his citizenship so we figure that if the 751 takes too long, we'll just apply for that.

anyway, keep posting here, or send me an email offline and we'll keep in touch. If one of us gets approved and the other doesn't, THEN I'll get worried
I just want this waiting game to be over and done with. We are traveling to be with my in-laws and rest of his family for Christmas, so if he doesn't get it by then, he will have to use the Receipt Notice.

When we get back in January, he too can apply for citizenship then. I already have the form and documentation ready for that.

We'll see....i'll keep you posted.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:08 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

What is going on with TSC and 751s?

Has anyone been approved recently?

My husband sent his 751 in April? USCIS websites states 6 months for adjudication. We have passed the 6 month mark, not by much though.
BTW, we have already done biometrics back in May.

Just curious to see if others have been approved recently from TSC on their 751s?

thanks
Hi:

Assuming that there is nothing on the I-751 that would cause a per se denial [and 99% of people won't have that -- an example is filing a joint petition one year after admission to CPR or some such] the "adjudication" is either an approval OR a transfer to a local district for interview.

Now, don't assume that a transfer means something is bad -- they do a certain number simply for quality control reasons.

On I-751 delay -- do note that one remains a permanent resident while its pending. In fact, an N-400 can be filed while an I-751 is pending [and this often speeds up the I-751 by being joined with the N-400]. So other than being a pain in the rear end and need to keep the documentation up, it is really kind of a "no harm, no foul" thing from a legal viewpoint.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:14 am
jfc
Just Joined

I just want this waiting game to be over and done with. We are traveling to be with my in-laws and rest of his family for Christmas, so if he doesn't get it by then, he will have to use the Receipt Notice.

When we get back in January, he too can apply for citizenship then. I already have the form and documentation ready for that.

We'll see....i'll keep you posted.
ah. I totally get it. holiday travel is painful enough without having paperwork to deal with!

well, let's see what happens in a couple of days when they post the "progress" of the 751s. I think it will be one more month at the most (fingers crossed!)

that's great that you can apply for citizenship so early--i think we have to wait until april...just a few more months until this immigration "adventure" is over!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:16 am
Boxer's are the Best

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Assuming that there is nothing on the I-751 that would cause a per se denial [and 99% of people won't have that -- an example is filing a joint petition one year after admission to CPR or some such] the "adjudication" is either an approval OR a transfer to a local district for interview.

Now, don't assume that a transfer means something is bad -- they do a certain number simply for quality control reasons.

On I-751 delay -- do note that one remains a permanent resident while its pending. In fact, an N-400 can be filed while an I-751 is pending [and this often speeds up the I-751 by being joined with the N-400]. So other than being a pain in the rear end and need to keep the documentation up, it is really kind of a "no harm, no foul" thing from a legal viewpoint.
Thanks for the post Folinsky. It is for sure a a pain in our rear. I don't expect to have an interview (we sent so much evidence) and if there is one, I am not worried. Although, now that you mention it, it would really be our bad luck if we are unlucky enough to have to go to an interview and the interview date falls when we are out of the country.
If so, I guess we'll just re-schedule. After all, like you said, he is still a permanent resident, it'll just take longer to get the 10yr GC. We will be filing for naturalization at the end of January, so it is what it is.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post Folinsky. It is for sure a a pain in our rear. I don't expect to have an interview (we sent so much evidence) and if there is one, I am not worried. Although, now that you mention it, it would really be our bad luck if we are unlucky enough to have to go to an interview and the interview date falls when we are out of the country.
If so, I guess we'll just re-schedule. After all, like you said, he is still a permanent resident, it'll just take longer to get the 10yr GC. We will be filing for naturalization at the end of January, so it is what it is.
Hi:

BTW, I forgot to post a third alternative -- RFE.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 1:25 am
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

Thought I'd throw my two cents in and let you guys know that I sent my package in early January. Recieved the receipt letter and extension letter on January 25. Completed Biometrics in March. Since then, nothing. So I'm with you guys....I guess there is just a huge backlog. I'm worrying what will happen in January if I've still not been approved in time. Can I get another extension? The last thing I need is to run into trouble with my job, etc.

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sexytime
Thought I'd throw my two cents in and let you guys know that I sent my package in early January. Recieved the receipt letter and extension letter on January 25. Completed Biometrics in March. Since then, nothing. So I'm with you guys....I guess there is just a huge backlog. I'm worrying what will happen in January if I've still not been approved in time. Can I get another extension? The last thing I need is to run into trouble with my job, etc.

Hope this helps!
You absolutely can get a new extension; you filed, so you are in status. Not sure how you go about it but I've read it on here before.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
You absolutely can get a new extension; you filed, so you are in status. Not sure how you go about it but I've read it on here before.
You would need to make an Infopass appointment to go in person to ask for an extension.

Rene
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:26 am
Boxer's are the Best

Originally Posted by Sexytime

Hope this helps!
Have you not asked for an infopass appointment? I would. Considering that the TSC date indicates they are looking at 751 cases filed April 3, 2007.
According to your post, you filed in January. I would at least call the 800 # to check up on it.

I sent my husband's 751 April 25, 2007. I am eagerly awaiting the date they post this week to see where they stand.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:32 am
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

I am getting really pissed off with that damn number. Everytime it asks me to enter my receipt number, it tells me "you didnt enter enough digits". What the hell - its the SRC number on the top left of my letters from them right??

How the hell do I go about getting some help? If they really are reviewing cases from April, then I'm starting to freak out bigtime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.