Wikiposts

751 Waiver approved

Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 751 Waiver approved

Originally Posted by alina97
... what exactly did you take from your therapist...
... so can you tell me what did you have from your therapist...
... what is that exactly and what does it say?
I think that asking once is probably enough!

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think that asking once is probably enough!

Ian
oops did I ask 3 times, sorry mr Ian I did not mean to do so, just was doing few things at the same time
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:49 am
Just Joined

ap14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alina97
Can you please tell me what exactly did you take from your therapist to support your application

I filed i-751 based on good faith marriage, but I'm currently seeing therapist from domestic violance center for abused women, because my ex was abusive too. Unfortunatly I never called a police while we were married and was able to obtain protective order only after the divorce.

So far I did not submit anything from my therapist, but I'm thinking to supplement my application with more evidence, so can you tell me what did you have from your therapist and what kind of therapist was it.
I go for free therapy now, but they told me if I want I can get a referral to different therapist
I just do not know what the difference between all the therapists
I read that you had an affidavit from your therapist - what is that exactly and what does it say? that you are currently under the therapy

I kind of feel strange to ask my therapist for something like that
I did not go to see her for immigration reasons, I just had some health problems that I believe I have bacause of abuse I went through and because I tried to deal with it by myself

I read your post and I think I should get something from my therapist to support my application as well.
Hey Alina

Sorry about the late response. I have not been on this forum in a while.

My therapist and my psychologist both gave me letters. The therapist saying I was undergoing counseling due to the abuse. The psychologist did a pyche evaluation. Both of them were fairly detailed, gave their contact info and wrote that the USCIS authorities could call them if they had additional questions or needed more info. Both work with the local County mental health center and came free.

I was referred there both by the local Detective who specializes in domestic abuse esp that of immigrant women and children and the Women's shelter that helped me. These agencies all work together and can be very helpful. They have limited resources but big hearts. Don't lose hope and call around. Someone might be able to refer you to a therapist or psychologist who will do a free evaluation.

I must have called close to 200 pro bono lawyers, attended free legal clinics and spoken to any number of Women's groups. I also called the local congressmen and senators. One of them actually referred me to the shelter that in turn referred me to the Detective, and the counselor and psychologist. Yes, it is initially very embarrassing to discuss your personal life with total strangers but it gets easier and they just want to help.

I also had police reports and prior arrest records and previous charges based on abuse of other women. I started digging around about his background and found plenty. Abusive men don't get that way in a hurry. Chances are he has a record. It just helped to corroborate my case.

All these just go to support the statement I wrote. And best of all I had a lot of support and help from my local women's shelter.

Dig around. Call your local county court and check if he has a prior record there. Give them his SSN and see if they can come up with any filings.Check the surrounding counties as well and any state where he might have ever lived. While his prior record may not establish your abuse it does help to establish him as an abusive person. Every little bit helps.

On a happy note: got my cards in the mail last week.

Last edited by ap14; Nov 2nd 2009 at 3:20 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

Thank you for your reply.