Reload this Page >

751 finally approved from Nebraska

Wikiposts

751 finally approved from Nebraska

Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:20 am
Sebastien

Default 751 finally approved from Nebraska

Finally got my letter that I was deemed to be a legal no-condition us
resident (I-751 was processed in May 2003).
Now, they are sending me to office in Cincinnati, OH to give 3 new
pictures and my old green card. I live in Columbus, OH and there is an
INS office there but no that would be too easy on me, they have to
send me to Cincinnati.
Moreover, they already have my face on picture and all my fingerprint
and my signature, etc.. but no they want more!!
Couldnt they just mail me my new green card with new expiration date
with the letter of approval of I-751!???
Heck, they may help them reduce processing times...

Anyone had to go to Cincinnati office for 2nd green card obtention?
Any experience to share? Much appreciated.
Sebastien

Old Sep 29th 2004, 4:49 am
Banned

Johndoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 751 finally approved from Nebraska

Hey,
If you are complaining, why dont you send them the letter and ignore all the requests they sent? They have nothing to lose if you abandon your permamanent residence you know? That card is a priviledge and not a right, so you have to do what they want if you want to get it.

About the pictures, the reason is that they want the most recent photo,thats all. And again, thats the procedure EVERYONE is following, not just you.

I wish I could get the letter you have;I sent my I-751 and waiting for a decision;trust me, when I get mine, I will not be whining this and that;am in NC but if they ask me to take my pictures to California, trust me I will take the next appointment available and hop there.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: 751 finally approved from Nebraska

Sebastien:

One must go to a USCIS office after receiving the approval letter because they want to take back your expired conditional green card. You must surrender it, adittionally they need pics and new fingerprints to process your new card. You might want to call the 1-800 and ask them if you really must go where they indicate you to go instead of going your nearest office...they might have made that mistake.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 751 finally approved from Nebraska

Originally Posted by AGUILA
Sebastien:

One must go to a USCIS office after receiving the approval letter because they want to take back your expired conditional green card. You must surrender it, adittionally they need pics and new fingerprints to process your new card. You might want to call the 1-800 and ask them if you really must go where they indicate you to go instead of going your nearest office...they might have made that mistake.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...us/aboutus.htm

The web site also says they don't process I-551s - you must go to Cincinnati or Cleveland for that.

Besides, it's only a 90-min drive - hardly worth crying about...