Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

751 - extension letter?

751 - extension letter?

Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:33 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 751 - extension letter?

Dd,

Because it's not a 100% reliable system. Requires human input.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Deedee13
It does say on form 797c, upon receipt of ur asc appt notice you can find the status of ur case online at www.uscis.gov. Why cant it find it?
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

well here we sit july 9th still waiting on the green card renewals..

However, a saga that we encountered on Tuesday. My eldest daughter came home from Germany. I was working the flight so took her to the airport to check her in. Frankfurt. At the check in they asked to see her passport, and green card. Presented these along with the "dependent" extension letter. It does look pretty unofficial that I must admit. However the bloody drama began. The green card is expired. Yes I know, here is the extension letter. I need to talk to a supervisor please wait. Returns. We have talked to the consulate ur daughter cannot fly because her green card has expired and this letter is from homeland security and not the consulate so she is on the no fly list. Stop!! I have an extension letter, she is my dependant it clearly states that with extension letter and expired green card said dependant can leave and reenter the country. Yes that might be so but she is not able to fly because the documentation is not in order. As most of u know by now I get pissed sometimes pretty damn easily. This was making me pissed. I work the damn plane I have an expired green card since april 2nd I go back and forth to europe at least 6 times a bloody month without a damn problem. Ok once i got pulled into secondary. However, i told them she dont fly i dont fly and because of minimum staffing guess the damn plane dont fly either.

Man from consulate affairs arrives. This letter is not acceptable she cant fly. Yes she can because I am flying with her, if she has a problem I will deal with it at entry point. I just talked to them a week ago regarding the differences in the letters of extensions. They verified that she needed just the extension letter that I am showing u. Ok then let her fly but you will encounter a problem when you arrive in the states.

Arrived in the states. She showed her green card, her passport and they took her fingerprints and photo and have a nice day didnt even want to see her extension letter.

Please let them cards come in the post soon its been five months now since i applied... i cant be doing with the stress. I have another child that wishes to come back home before september school begins. Anyone else have any horror stories regarding this.. or do i just have idiot stamped on my forehead.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:46 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

well here we sit july 9th still waiting on the green card renewals..

However, a saga that we encountered on Tuesday. My eldest daughter came home from Germany. I was working the flight so took her to the airport to check her in. Frankfurt. At the check in they asked to see her passport, and green card. Presented these along with the "dependent" extension letter. It does look pretty unofficial that I must admit. However the bloody drama began. The green card is expired. Yes I know, here is the extension letter. I need to talk to a supervisor please wait. Returns. We have talked to the consulate ur daughter cannot fly because her green card has expired and this letter is from homeland security and not the consulate so she is on the no fly list. Stop!! I have an extension letter, she is my dependant it clearly states that with extension letter and expired green card said dependant can leave and reenter the country. Yes that might be so but she is not able to fly because the documentation is not in order. As most of u know by now I get pissed sometimes pretty damn easily. This was making me pissed. I work the damn plane I have an expired green card since april 2nd I go back and forth to europe at least 6 times a bloody month without a damn problem. Ok once i got pulled into secondary. However, i told them she dont fly i dont fly and because of minimum staffing guess the damn plane dont fly either.

Man from consulate affairs arrives. This letter is not acceptable she cant fly. Yes she can because I am flying with her, if she has a problem I will deal with it at entry point. I just talked to them a week ago regarding the differences in the letters of extensions. They verified that she needed just the extension letter that I am showing u. Ok then let her fly but you will encounter a problem when you arrive in the states.

Arrived in the states. She showed her green card, her passport and they took her fingerprints and photo and have a nice day didnt even want to see her extension letter.

Please let them cards come in the post soon its been five months now since i applied... i cant be doing with the stress. I have another child that wishes to come back home before september school begins. Anyone else have any horror stories regarding this.. or do i just have idiot stamped on my forehead.
Oh what a bloody to do

I had a problem in Schipol with the expired card and extension letter a year or so back same kinda thing its not valid, but we will let you go this time and you need to make sure you have a valid card if you want to fly from Schipol next time

Did I have a problem getting into the POA nope nothing not even a slight hesitation except welcome back to the US.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

bah, that sucks D. If either of the kids can get the I-551 stamp in their passports, that should override 'helpful' employees, but they have to make an InfoPass appointment and go to the office.
I wish I could tell you the new cards would come soon, but there is just no telling.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

this is all getting on my nerves...

Phoned up the "help line" they told me I was out of the time frame of getting my green card extended, so they would put in a review??

Got a letter today telling me I was in "holding" and until my file was allocated to someone I would have to sit and wait.

Which got me bloody no where. So 10 months down the line, sitting and waiting, and waiting and waiting. I can see me losing my job over this bullshit now because the hassel I am having coming in and out of the country is too much. My extension letter has seen better days because its been used too much.

Enough is enough already.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 9:57 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

this is all getting on my nerves...

Phoned up the "help line" they told me I was out of the time frame of getting my green card extended, so they would put in a review??

Got a letter today telling me I was in "holding" and until my file was allocated to someone I would have to sit and wait.

Which got me bloody no where. So 10 months down the line, sitting and waiting, and waiting and waiting. I can see me losing my job over this bullshit now because the hassel I am having coming in and out of the country is too much. My extension letter has seen better days because its been used too much.

Enough is enough already.
Info pass
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:18 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Info pass
If that doesn't help, contact your Senator's office and get them to lean on USCIS. It worked for me when I had problems getting my GC.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

An Infopass appointment will get her the I-551 stamp in her passport which she uses all the time. She will not lose her job over it and if she does ... SUE!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by zargof
If that doesn't help, contact your Senator's office and get them to lean on USCIS. It worked for me when I had problems getting my GC.
Yep me too they worked wonders.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Vidt is an unknown quantity at this point

How long after the 751 is submitted does it take to receive the extension letter? I understand that u get a years extension letter to produce should asked while they are processing ur 751? Am I correct?

Just a little worried as with my job I am out of the country a lot!

I sent mine out and it was received on 31/8/09, and I got my receipt notice on 5/9/09. Vermont Service Center.
I got my Biometrics appointment notice maybe two weeks after that. I would suggest going early to have it done if you can. If its not too far a drive, just go there with you're appointment notice and green card and see if they can do it any sooner than you're actual appointment date. Doesn't hurt to ask eh.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well the letter ARRIVED!!!!!!

Congratulations you have been approved.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that phoning sort of found the file under the cobwebs and someone actually started to work on it. Feb 20 it was sent in and October 28 was the approval date and i got the letter yesterday!!!!!!!! THANK GOD!!! 8 months down the line. Glad its over and done with.

Thanks for all the support you guys u brought be back down to earth when i was at 180!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wowee ... Congratulations, Dee.

Phew finished at last.