Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

6 year journey - 24 hours!

Wikiposts

6 year journey - 24 hours!

Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:59 am
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6 year journey - 24 hours!

So, this is what it comes down to, tomorrow is day 30. On feb 14, 2013 we appeared again in court for my adjustment trial. The government attorney that had been working my case did not show and sent a coworker in for him asking for yet another continuance. The judge denied and ruled I was admissible, she then welcomed me to the United States. The government attorney reserved right to appeal and tomorrow is day 30.

I have no idea what will happen, according to the judge my case should have been approved years ago and it was an obvious abuse of power by DHS. As well as a huge waste of resources. Still, I guess they could surprise us and find something silly to base an appeal on. Just cuz.

Hopefully somebody at DHS has a lick of sense!

I have setup an info pass pt at USCIS ATL to file the paperwork needed to order my card, this Thursday. My attorney says 15-30 days later I should have my card. Until then, I can't drive since my licence and EAD expired, still waiting for the EAD I applied for last November.

So, even though I have a judge's ruling saying that I'm a legal permanent resident, I still don't feel like one. I still feel like I'm under the abusive thumb of DHS.

So, 6 years comes down to 30 days in 24 hours!

/end rant
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:02 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 year journey - 24 hours!

canuck, I'm so happy for you. You've been through so much. I hope the rest of everything is absolutely blissful for you!
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:23 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 year journey - 24 hours!

Just hang in there mate, if they file an appeal tomorrow that would really be the act of outright bar stewards. You can have the last laugh when you order you GC.