Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

4weeks until I set off to see my USC GF query

Wikiposts

4weeks until I set off to see my USC GF query

Old May 19th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4weeks until I set off to see my USC GF query

Ok, not a typical question for this section, but as some of you know I went to meet my USC GF in feb 2010 for a week and went back again in easter 31/2 weeks later for 2 weeks and greeted with a few odd questions, which i guess are the norm for the type of visit such as do I own property back in the uk and did I bring a ring with me?

I was entering under the VWP

I now know they want to know I have firm ties with the uk and will not likely to overstay...

So I wanted to get a letter from my employer which he is happy to supply, stating I start back on my return to the uk, but wondered if there was a particular way he needs to word it?

I am also taking a copy of the house deeds??? is this a good idea?

I just want to be prepared to show I have no ointentions of overstaying or jepordising ay visa application we make by being refused at POE which I understand anyone can be refused.

thanks again
Old May 19th 2010, 9:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4weeks until I set off to see my USC GF query

Those are both good items to bring with you. You shouldn't show them unless specifically asked by the POE officer, though.

The letter from employer doesn't have to be a particular format...just on company letterhead, stating maybe the dates you'll be on vacation and the date you are expected back at work, with an original signature on the letter.

Rene
Old May 20th 2010, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

That's pretty much what I did, plus I also took some docs to show that I own vehicles in the UK and have a couple of UK bank accounts. I also took a copy of my employment or consulting contracts.

Of course I never had to show any of this...
Old May 21st 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

i've never had to answer more than a couple of questions, one guy just looked at my passport, didn't say a word....stamped it and handed it back.....i don't think it's something you should be too worried about.
Old May 21st 2010, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
i've never had to answer more than a couple of questions, one guy just looked at my passport, didn't say a word....stamped it and handed it back.....i don't think it's something you should be too worried about.
You are lucky, I was put in secondary on one trip and it's not a very nice place so I carried a lot of proof of ties after that.

Wolfy, I took my car log book and insurance, pay stubs, employers letter, rent agreement. I also never needed them but......

Have a good trip.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
You are lucky, I was put in secondary on one trip and it's not a very nice place so I carried a lot of proof of ties after that.

Wolfy, I took my car log book and insurance, pay stubs, employers letter, rent agreement. I also never needed them but......

Have a good trip.
Well, with just over a week to go and I know that some of you have had no problems and had many ideas given, but have the following to show my ties back here.

Letter from my employer stating I am back at work the following monday I return to the UK

My USC GF e-ticket I bought her for her birthday as its her birthday the following thursday I am there that shows the dates she will be with me in July

I booked my car into aiport parking facility and have to pick it back up obviously on a set date and roudabout time.

Have photocopy of property deeds I co own with soon to be ex, but as it was a new build way back in the day it just says plot number but states the street etc.

But the deeds, her e-ticket and birthday card and letter from my employer will stay in my carry on in a brown envelope unless they need to question my intent further.

I have to say it worries me that they can still refuse entry, but even worse is that my USC GF would be devistated as its been what seems to be 10 long weeks since we saw each other.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully you'll be fine and you'll have a great time on your visit.

Rene