Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

4 years married no ssn yet Reapply ?

Wikiposts

4 years married no ssn yet Reapply ?

Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

brinkdale is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 4 years married no ssn yet Reapply ?

2004 after knowing my know wife for many years, i decided to fly in to the USa and we married in Vegas. we was living in houston at the time now we moved the 4th time and are based in California.
we completed all the paper work , did the finger printing etc, and medical . we got to the first stage of interview at homeland security and was turned down. no reason given but proberbly because we had moved 4 times. my wifes health made us move to California, she had a hip replacement 15 years ago.
the homeland security told us to reapply after 2 or more years. do I now have to go through all the documents Again plus the 1500 $ etc. and do i apply now in california listing Texas as place of entry etc. the last contact i had with

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC0520019141

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On November 25, 2005, we mailed you a decision on your I485,
due to our move we lost the documents and have applied for new ones , did receive a postal notice from the homeland security saying it will cost me 20$ plus for them to re issue etc. and this time the letter made it to me.

am i filing to soon as it has only been 2005 so three years , and do i need to go ahead and file out all the forms and doctors etc.
basically where do I restart when i phone the hotline after 45 minutes wait etc. i normally get a different answer from each so called assistant ?
I would just like to get a job and help support the family etc, but appart from doing Odd cash jobs no company will hire me untill i get the SSN card.
Thanks for your time
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 years married no ssn yet Reapply ?

Originally Posted by brinkdale
2004 after knowing my know wife for many years, i decided to fly in to the USa and we married in Vegas. we was living in houston at the time now we moved the 4th time and are based in California.
we completed all the paper work , did the finger printing etc, and medical . we got to the first stage of interview at homeland security and was turned down. no reason given but proberbly because we had moved 4 times. my wifes health made us move to California, she had a hip replacement 15 years ago.
the homeland security told us to reapply after 2 or more years. do I now have to go through all the documents Again plus the 1500 $ etc. and do i apply now in california listing Texas as place of entry etc. the last contact i had with

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC0520019141

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On November 25, 2005, we mailed you a decision on your I485,
due to our move we lost the documents and have applied for new ones , did receive a postal notice from the homeland security saying it will cost me 20$ plus for them to re issue etc. and this time the letter made it to me.

am i filing to soon as it has only been 2005 so three years , and do i need to go ahead and file out all the forms and doctors etc.
basically where do I restart when i phone the hotline after 45 minutes wait etc. i normally get a different answer from each so called assistant ?
I would just like to get a job and help support the family etc, but appart from doing Odd cash jobs no company will hire me untill i get the SSN card.
Thanks for your time
You went to an interview and were told at the interview that your application was denied with no reason, but to re-apply in two years?

That is a new one on me.
I'm also a lot more curious.. don't you want to know why your application was denied?

At any rate, assuming all this previous case is closed/abandoned, yes, you re-file from the beginning, including I-130.
You should not travel outside the US until you get your Green Card; you will face a ban on returning because it's been so long now.

You can apply for a work permit with this application; it will take about 90 days to receive. Once you have that, you can go to the SSA office to apply for the SS card.
Has your wife been including you on her tax returns all this time?

Don't phone the hotline anymore; the answers will vary, as you've noticed.
Try this list of forms and see if it makes sense to you: http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...-of-status.php

And don't move again until you get your Green Card.

If you're feeling ambitious, go to uscis.gov, make an InfoPass appointment for your local office and go in there to inquire about your old case.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You went to an interview and were told at the interview that your application was denied with no reason, but to re-apply in two years?

That is a new one on me.
I'm also a lot more curious.. don't you want to know why your application was denied?

At any rate, assuming all this previous case is closed/abandoned, yes, you re-file from the beginning, including I-130.
You should not travel outside the US until you get your Green Card; you will face a ban on returning because it's been so long now.

You can apply for a work permit with this application; it will take about 90 days to receive. Once you have that, you can go to the SSA office to apply for the SS card.
Has your wife been including you on her tax returns all this time?

Don't phone the hotline anymore; the answers will vary, as you've noticed.
Try this list of forms and see if it makes sense to you: http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...-of-status.php

And don't move again until you get your Green Card.

If you're feeling ambitious, go to uscis.gov, make an InfoPass appointment for your local office and go in there to inquire about your old case.
So they supposed told him to live here out of status for two years and apply again? Sounds tremendously odd to me.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's a new one...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:16 am
Just Joined

brinkdale is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: 4 years married no ssn yet Reapply ?

Thanks for all your help, I am going through the posted Link and will no longer, as advised, use the hot line,
At present I am waiting for homeland security to post out the old letter we never received, my wife has not been able to ADD me to her end of year` tax return because once again no SSN, funny thing was I was even denied a Price Chopper discount card for the same reason.

So the plan is now, wait till homeland security mail me, then start filling out all the forms once again plus money orders, fun fun.

Thanks for all the help.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but none of what you have written makes much sense. You don't need a social security number for your wife to list you on her tax return. You can use a taxpayer identification number which is available from the IRS. You just need to complete the form and your wife includes the form with her tax return.

Why are you waiting for homeland security to write you a letter. What are they suppose to be saying in the letter? Why were you denied at the interview. On what grounds? I would make the info pass appointment, check out your case first hand and if need be complete all the forms again, get your medical and re-apply.