Wikiposts

4 Years Later....

Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 Years Later....

The green card arrived in the mail today. We applied Feb 2002. 4 years, thousands of dollars, heartache and frustration are behind us. If I had to do it all over again, would I? Absoutley not. Honestly, it wasn't worth it. I could write a book about all the things we did wrong, all the things I know now. This process has more things wrong with it than right, it has more things unfair than fair. The INS is broken and corrupt and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. We should have stayed in UK, where I'd have an EU passport by now! But so it goes... I'll never have to search these meager threads again for nuggets of truth or useful information, I'll never have to call the 1-800 number, never have to write senators, representatives and call lawyers. Never have to borrow money to pay for form filing, never have to wait three hours in line at the local INS office. I am glad it's all behind me, but I am so sad for people who have to go through it as well. I guess we'll never know why ours took so long to process and I am no longer going to waste my time thinking about it.

Good luck to all of you. Have faith, things do eventually work themselves out.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Years Later....

Originally Posted by jsv888
The green card arrived in the mail today.
Congratulations, finally. But, if you plan to become a citizen, you will still have one more hurdle with USCIS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:38 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

The green card arrived in the mail today. We applied Feb 2002. 4 years, thousands of dollars, heartache and frustration are behind us. If I had to do it all over again, would I? Absoutley not. Honestly, it wasn't worth it. I could write a book about all the things we did wrong, all the things I know now. This process has more things wrong with it than right, it has more things unfair than fair. The INS is broken and corrupt and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. We should have stayed in UK, where I'd have an EU passport by now! But so it goes... I'll never have to search these meager threads again for nuggets of truth or useful information, I'll never have to call the 1-800 number, never have to write senators, representatives and call lawyers. Never have to borrow money to pay for form filing, never have to wait three hours in line at the local INS office. I am glad it's all behind me, but I am so sad for people who have to go through it as well. I guess we'll never know why ours took so long to process and I am no longer going to waste my time thinking about it.

Congrats on the green card!!

It is not longer INS.. it is USCIS now
Old Jan 10th 2006, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

OOOOHHHH I know what you are talking about! currently experiencing the same ordeal.....
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ndori
OOOOHHHH I know what you are talking about! currently experiencing the same ordeal.....

I understand EXACTLY what you have had to deal with and am so pleased that you finally got there! The USCIS don't care about the stress, expense or unfairness of it all, of their actions, their inadequacies. To many of them it is a game! When a family goes through years and years of their inefficiency and downright BS, it wears on you. We have been dealing with a totally unfair situation for 3 years now, soon to be 4 years. If they were accountable to someone, anyone, it may help, but they laugh at congressmen, senators, the Ombudsman, attorneys, applicants, everyone!

What is sooooooooo unfair is that it costs someone thousands of dollars when it becomes obvious that THEY are the ones that have made mistakes and caused an applicant to have to take it to Court, they can't apply for costs. It's a lose-lose situation for many of us and that's why so many just throw up their hands and return to their countries of origin, because they can't afford to fight this totally unfair system.

I am pleased for you, really I am, I just wish we were at the end of our nightmare!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Girona40
I understand EXACTLY what you have had to deal with and am so pleased that you finally got there! The USCIS don't care about the stress, expense or unfairness of it all, of their actions, their inadequacies. To many of them it is a game! When a family goes through years and years of their inefficiency and downright BS, it wears on you. We have been dealing with a totally unfair situation for 3 years now, soon to be 4 years. If they were accountable to someone, anyone, it may help, but they laugh at congressmen, senators, the Ombudsman, attorneys, applicants, everyone!

What is sooooooooo unfair is that it costs someone thousands of dollars when it becomes obvious that THEY are the ones that have made mistakes and caused an applicant to have to take it to Court, they can't apply for costs. It's a lose-lose situation for many of us and that's why so many just throw up their hands and return to their countries of origin, because they can't afford to fight this totally unfair system.

I am pleased for you, really I am, I just wish we were at the end of our nightmare!
By the way I am not done yet...the case is currently in front of a judge as a I filed a writ of Mandamus...we'll se what happends next!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Girona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant futureGirona40 has a brilliant future

By the way I am not done yet...the case is currently in front of a judge as a I filed a writ of Mandamus...we'll se what happends next!
I feel that this is the route we may have to take also. What a pain to have to spend all that money just to get them to do their job, with no hope of ever getting a cent of it back!

Just curious - which office are you using?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Girona40
I feel that this is the route we may have to take also. What a pain to have to spend all that money just to get them to do their job, with no hope of ever getting a cent of it back!

Just curious - which office are you using?
New York City of course!
Talking about getting reimbursed, this can only happend if the case goes to trial providing USCIS loses it...but as per my lawyer, most of the time (especially when USCIS is at fault) the case is resolved before the trial stage, which means the $$$ is gone!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT?!

Ndori - I thought I hadn't heard from you because you were DONE!

Correct me if I'm wrong but your case got transferred to California's Service Center, right???

Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janadeen
WHAT?!

Ndori - I thought I hadn't heard from you because you were DONE!

Correct me if I'm wrong but your case got transferred to California's Service Center, right???
Yep..
As per my multiple correspondance with CSC shows my case as still pending background check, I went the extra mile and actually sued...almost two years after being interviewed...I am tired!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear all this N.

SUCKS! To say the least.

I'm betting it's some stupid simple glitch - hard to believe it could take 2 yrs to complete!

Yep..
As per my multiple correspondance with CSC shows my case as still pending background check, I went the extra mile and actually sued...almost two years after being interviewed...I am tired!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

SUCKS! To say the least.

I'm betting it's some stupid simple glitch - hard to believe it could take 2 yrs to complete!
OMG! That is absolutely terrible. I know where you are coming from when you say you are tired. I am too and can sympathise. Why is it that we have to go through all this and they actually have the nerve to call it a "service"!!!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

SUCKS! To say the least.

Thanks for the support. Whatever it is that causes the delay, we'll find out in front of the judge as USCIS will be very polite and efficient this time!

Last edited by Ndori; Jan 11th 2006 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:00 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite part is, when people that applied 3 months ago complain why they haven't received their GC yet.

Congrats on the approval! Unfortunately I was not so lucky to have my nightmares end there. Card came with the photo of another woman, hence my saga continues....indefinitely?