Wikiposts

3X poverty level

Old May 10th 2009, 5:18 am
Just Joined

dannyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3X poverty level

Hi a quick question, is there any rules preventing anyone gifting me money of 3X poverty level (about $50,000 i believe) for my visa application?
Old May 10th 2009, 5:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3X poverty level

Originally Posted by dannyb
Hi a quick question, is there any rules preventing anyone gifting me money of 3X poverty level (about $50,000 i believe) for my visa application?
I don't think there is any rule against it per say, but USCIS will be looking to see how long that money has been in your account, they might ask where the money came from, and if it happened recently they might feel it's just a loan until you get your visa, and disallow the savings.

Rene
Old May 10th 2009, 5:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You're the beneficiary?
That can't look too good....

"It depends."
Old May 10th 2009, 5:53 am
Just Joined

dannyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
You're the beneficiary?
That can't look too good....

"It depends."
well that shouldnt be too much a problem, we do have the option of my father in law joint sponsoring, this was just a thought to save the paperwork. Is the property level before or after tax?

thanks all
Old May 10th 2009, 6:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

well that shouldnt be too much a problem, we do have the option of my father in law joint sponsoring, this was just a thought to save the paperwork. Is the property level before or after tax?

thanks all
The poverty level? It's gross income.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:11 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
The poverty level? It's gross income.
if you think the sponsor is not enough, bring the paper work for the joint sponsor just in case...will save you a lot of trouble and weeks of waiting and preparing the new papers.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:12 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

oh and ps...my mother had 70k in savings in her back from a home improvement loan that the IO at the US embassy did not take into consideration as she has to pay it back. ( she was my joint sponsor and they made us get a new one )