Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

3rd 90 day trip in 12months?

3rd 90 day trip in 12months?

Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

theacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nice
Question 3rd 90 day trip in 12months?

hey , this march ill be returning too the USA too stay with my fiance for a further 90 days using the visa waiver program (im British 19 years old she is american). this will be my third trip, i have previously been here june-august 2012, and october-january 2012/13. as said this is my third 90 day trip. im scared that border patrol will say no or do something like deport me, last time i went i got through between the skin of my teeth and was quizzed like crazy. i always answered the questions truthfully which he appreciated i could tell, as he tried to catch me out by asking questions that went against each other ( whats your friends job? waitress, then a few questions later he asked, what gender is your friend?) i basically said i was staying with a friend for the trip, which is true she is my best friend. any tips for me, im letting my hair grow longer and im going too wear a shirt. my second trip i had very short hair and a scar across my eye(now healed mostly) and wearing a leather jacket...probably didn't help. any advice or past experiences? thankyou so much for any answers that are given, the flight is already book btw...maybe a dumb mistake on my part, but its done.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3rd 90 day trip in 12months?

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread into the US Immigration and Visas forum. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

theacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nicetheacequinn is just really nice

ok thanks, sorry i placed it in the wrong category. im a noob
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theacequinn
ok thanks, sorry i placed it in the wrong category. im a noob
No problem.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Expect to "be quizzed like crazy" again, don't be surprised if you are denied entry, and thank whoever or whatever you pray to if you are granted entry.

Just out of curiosity, what are your circumstances that you have so much free time to spend in the USA and the money to afford it?

Regards, JEff

hey , this march ill be returning too the USA too stay with my fiance for a further 90 days using the visa waiver program (im British 19 years old she is american). this will be my third trip, i have previously been here june-august 2012, and october-january 2012/13. as said this is my third 90 day trip. im scared that border patrol will say no or do something like deport me, last time i went i got through between the skin of my teeth and was quizzed like crazy.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

we take turns in paying for the flights, and the British job market is really bad plus ive finished college here too. im still at home with my parents aswell.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

General rule of thumb is to stay outside the USA longer than you were inside. It seems that you are spending less time outside the USA, so that's a red flag. Since you were quizzed so much on the last visit, I would expect you to be quizzed as much, if not more, on the upcoming trip.

But you just never know. You could sail through, or you could be turned away at the POE (not deported). It's all up to the POE officer on duty that day.

Also, if he tells you to go back home and get a B-2 visa, instead of using the VWP, don't do that. Just wait a longer time outside the USA (maybe 6+ months) and then try the VWP again...unless he makes a notation in your passport which specifically says you can't use the VWP again.

Are you and your fiancee planning to get married at some point? Are you planning to immigrate to the USA at some point in the future? The POE officer is wondering 2 things: 1) How is it that you have so much time off, which must mean you don't have a job or strong ties back home; and 2) Are you going to marry your fiancee on this visit and attempt to remain in the USA.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:02 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you're a good candidate for being turned away. No surprise that you've been given a close inspection.

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So the POE officer is correct on Point 1 that I made...you don't have a job in the UK, you don't have a residence in the UK, and you aren't attending school in the UK. Plus you have a USC fiancee. All red flags (to him) that you have immigrant intent.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:04 pm

Sounds like the general rule of thumb is immaterial in this case, as he has factors that make him questionable without regard to how much time he's spending where.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
General rule of thumb is to stay outside the USA longer than you were inside.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

so you guys think ill be turned away? what are the odds guys, like i said the flight is booked...thanks for the info about the b2. and yeah we are planning on getting married AFTER this trip. we have a lawyer and he suggested the k1 visa. we just need this last trip too be sure about it all.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

zerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond repute

i basically said i was staying with a friend for the trip, which is true she is my best friend.
That's very sweet, but you're deliberately concealing relevant facts from CBP. It may have worked out OK last time, but sooner or later it'll bite you in the ass unbelievably hard. Don't misrepresent yourself at the border.

The risk you run is that CBP will suspect that you're using the VWP to essentially live in the US, which is not permitted. Also, most 19-year-olds aren't independently wealthy, so they will most likely suspect you're working under the table. And on top of that, they may suspect you're going to get married and try to stay, which is not permitted on the VWP. Nobody can tell you what's going to happen next time you try to get in, but I think you already know you're in the danger zone here.

One additional note: you wouldn't be deported, you would be refused entry. By itself, that would probably not be the end of the world. But if they get you for fraud/misrepresentation, that can carry a lifetime ban from the US. Don't misrepresent yourself at the border.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:07 pm

I'm not making predictions. I told you what I think in my first post in this thread - you might or you might not.

Regards, JEff

so you guys think ill be turned away?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:09 pm

so you guys think ill be turned away? what are the odds guys, like i said the flight is booked...
Impossible to predict. Someone on this forum is fond of saying "dice have no memory". But, if I had to say anything at all, I'd say your chances are higher because you've already been grilled once.

...yeah we are planning on getting married AFTER this trip. we have a lawyer and he suggested the k1 visa. we just need this last trip too be sure about it all.
Well, at least you have the return ticket in case you get turned away at the POE. They will put you on the next flight out. Then, if you really need to see each other one more time before deciding on a K-1 visa, she can come visit you, or you can meet up in a 3rd country...maybe Canada.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zerlesen
That's very sweet, but you're deliberately concealing relevant facts from CBP. It may have worked out OK last time, but sooner or later it'll bite you in the ass unbelievably hard. Don't misrepresent yourself at the border.

The risk you run is that CBP will suspect that you're using the VWP to essentially live in the US, which is not permitted. Also, most 19-year-olds aren't independently wealthy, so they will most likely suspect you're working under the table. And on top of that, they may suspect you're going to get married and try to stay, which is not permitted on the VWP. Nobody can tell you what's going to happen next time you try to get in, but I think you already know you're in the danger zone here.

One additional note: you wouldn't be deported, you would be refused entry. By itself, that would probably not be the end of the world. But if they get you for fraud/misrepresentation, that can carry a lifetime ban from the US. Don't misrepresent yourself at the border.
well i never once lied, i just didnt give facts he didnt ask for. he never asked if she was my girlfriend , he asked who am i staying with. i figured friend sounded less of a threat than girlfriend or fiance. i didnt full out lie and say im staying with someone i wasnt. if they would have asked her name or our relationship status i would have answered truthfully, this wasnt wrong of me was it? i thought i was doing the smart thing here. i fugured if i said she was my girlfriend they would think i was going too marry her and say no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.