Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

Wikiposts

300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

Originally Posted by evanio1978
it really does suck to have to wait this time and they should do something about it. I'm in a great job which they want to make perm but it looks like i'm going to have to sit out 1.5 months and not work.
Just so you know, USCIS will most likely forgive any time you worked while unauthorized, if it comes up during your interview. Whether your employer is OK with that is a separate issue.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about

that's interesting. So keep your head down tell them that your AOS ing and see what happens... Worth a shot.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about

has anyone come across a link telling people you are not allowed to work from when your K1 expires and to when you recieve your EAD for AOS.

It seems a grey area....
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evanio1978
has anyone come across a link telling people you are not allowed to work from when your K1 expires and to when you recieve your EAD for AOS.

It seems a grey area....
It IS illegal to work unauthorized. That means from the day your K-1 expires until you have your EAD in hand.

USCIS ends up forgiving something like that, it seems, if it already happened.

Although, it depends. A friend of mine continued working after his K-1 expired, and while still waiting for his EAD. He had never mentioned his status at work. When he went for his EAD biometrics, the officer asked him if he's working. He honestly replied, yes. She immediately reprimanded him, called his employer, and he got let go that same day. His employer said if he had never known, he could have worked, but now that he knows, he has to let him go. Fortunately, the company hired him back a month later when he got his EAD.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a fairly low view of the NHS.

And then I came to America.

Anyway for others, you can get you vaccination card from your GP for nowt and any missing jabs also for nowt.

I got my Vaaccination supplement free as well, that was probably a little bit lucky, but try those places dealing with the Hispanic community.