Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

Wikiposts

300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about
Default 300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

Just thought I would share my experience as I had my Vac Sup for AOS today.

As I didn't have my vaccine records from the UK (awaiting them) he refused to waiver me and sign the form and wait for my records. He made a statement about how bad the NHS was and that he worked in the UK for a year and didn't trust much of what goes on in UK Health systems (fair enough).

As I wasn't sure what would show on my records so I decided to have the tetnus and MMR vaccine and he hapily signed and sealed the form. I decided to get it over with rather than risking submitting my AOS late.

Cost

Doctor fees - 110
MMR Vac - 100
Testnus 80
Cab from work - 10

To get my own back on the doctor for his cheap shot on the UK NHS and made a cheeky remark about how strong the pound was against the dollar and the cost wasn't to bad......

There you go. Also found out my high blood pressure is getting worse. What do you expect when your going through AOS !!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 300 Bucks for Vac Supplement

OMG...your poor wallet. The doc fees sound about right. Sadegh's was $115 just for the vaccination supplement form to be signed and sealed.

Glad that's over with, eh?

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

evanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura aboutevanio1978 has a spectacular aura about

totally and really appreciate your support and help on the matter...

I have one last question which I would appreciate your help. My wife has just landed a job (two weeks ago)which is above the poverty line. She did not work last year as she was a student.

Is it ok to submit her and her alone as the Affavdit of Support ?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evanio1978

I have one last question which I would appreciate your help. My wife has just landed a job (two weeks ago)which is above the poverty line. She did not work last year as she was a student.

As far as I know, it should be OK. They are looking at current income, to my knowledge, and as long as she can provide current paystub and letter of employment, she should be OK on her own. Also, the requirement is now only 1 year of tax returns as backup...not 3 as before. Worst case scenario, they will issue an RFE if they think she doesn't meet the qualifications on her own, in which case you probably already have a sponsor lined up anyway.

Or, you can submit your AOS with the joint sponsor as you had planned (I think). Then, at your interview, turn in a new I-864 showing only your wife's income, and ask for the joint sponsor's I-864 back. This might be a safer route to go...although nothing to lose by receiving the RFE except a bit of time.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would not chance it. I would include a joint sponsor and at the time of the interview have the joint sponsor's I-864 removed and go with her alone.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

yep was initally going to do a co sponsor... worse case I get an RFE... As long as it doesnt delay my EAD as Portland, ME are only reporting a 1 month and a bit wait for processing.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

so i'm going to chance my wife as the sponsor. Looks better than getting a friend or mother in law.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:26 am

yep was initally going to do a co sponsor... worse case I get an RFE... As long as it doesnt delay my EAD as Portland, ME are only reporting a 1 month and a bit wait for processing.
I thought you were in Phoenix? The EAD processing is done at NBC. Not sure what Portland has to do with it...?

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

nope wrong person i'm in Maine. The EAD i pressume is done either in Portland or Vermont Service Center.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:34 am
Zab

> > Just thought I would share my experience as I had my Vac Sup for
    > > AOS today.
    > > As I didn't have my vaccine records from the UK (awaiting them) he
    > > refused to waiver me and sign the form and wait for my records. He
    > > made a statement about how bad the NHS was and that he worked in the
    > > UK for a year and didn't trust much of what goes on in UK Health
    > > systems (fair enough).
    > > As I wasn't sure what would show on my records so I decided to have
    > > the tetnus and MMR vaccine and he hapily signed and sealed the
    > > form. I decided to get it over with rather than risking submitting
    > > my AOS late.
    > > Cost
    > > Doctor fees - 110
    > > MMR Vac - 100
    > > Testnus 80
    > > Cab from work - 10
    > > To get my own back on the doctor for his cheap shot on the UK NHS
    > > and
    > > made a cheeky remark about how strong the pound was against the
    > > dollar
    > > and the cost wasn't to bad......
    > > There you go. Also found out my high blood pressure is getting
    > > worse.
    > > What do you expect when your going through AOS !!!!
    > OMG...your poor wallet. :( The doc fees sound about right.
    > Sadegh's was $115 just for the vaccination supplement form to be
    > signed and sealed.
    > Glad that's over with, eh?
    > Rene
    > --

> Just thought I would share my experience as I had my Vac Sup for
    > AOS today.
    > As I didn't have my vaccine records from the UK (awaiting them) he
    > refused to waiver me and sign the form and wait for my records. He
    > made a statement about how bad the NHS was and that he worked in the
    > UK for a year and didn't trust much of what goes on in UK Health
    > systems (fair enough).
    > As I wasn't sure what would show on my records so I decided to have
    > the tetnus and MMR vaccine and he hapily signed and sealed the
    > form. I decided to get it over with rather than risking submitting
    > my AOS late.
    > Cost
    > Doctor fees - 110
    > MMR Vac - 100
    > Testnus 80
    > Cab from work - 10
    > To get my own back on the doctor for his cheap shot on the UK NHS and
    > made a cheeky remark about how strong the pound was against the dollar
    > and the cost wasn't to bad......
    > There you go. Also found out my high blood pressure is getting worse.
    > What do you expect when your going through AOS !!!!

OMG...your poor wallet. :( The doc fees sound about right.
Sadegh's was $115 just for the vaccination supplement form to be
signed and sealed.

Glad that's over with, eh?

Rene

mine was $70 :D

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:47 am

nope wrong person i'm in Maine. The EAD i pressume is done either in Portland or Vermont Service Center.
Oops...I always confuse your handle with evoal, sorry. LOL

The EAD is issued out of NBC, National Benefits Center. That is the processing date to look at. Your biometrics will be performed at your local ASC, but the processing is done at NBC.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:48 am

Currently processing October 17, 2005. Looks like about a 3-month processing time.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...cesstimes.jsp?

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

out of interest why does local offices have EAD timelines then ?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 7:49 am

out of interest why does local offices have EAD timelines then ?
EADs used to come out of local offices, I believe. I don't know why they still post processing dates. Perhaps other types of EAD not associated with AOS are still processed locally? Good Q for the attorneys.

Rene
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

it really does suck to have to wait this time and they should do something about it. I'm in a great job which they want to make perm but it looks like i'm going to have to sit out 1.5 months and not work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.