Reload this Page >

3 seperate biometrics appointments

Wikiposts

3 seperate biometrics appointments

Old Nov 15th 2009, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

darklady109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 3 seperate biometrics appointments

Hi, I am applying for removal of conditions on my GC for myself and my children aged 16 and 9, I recieved an appointment for me at the Bronx NY this coming Thursday and an apointment for my 16 year old son on December 1st and still waiting on appointment for 9 year old daughter, it is absurd to make me take 3 seperate days off work to travel down to the Bronxs, its obvious they are minors, is there ANY way to get us all done on the same day> without agravating anyone at immigration?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 seperate biometrics appointments

You can try to get biometrics done on any day as long as you have the appointment letter. They'll usually let you, regardless of whether it's the day on the letter or not. You probably won't be able to confirm in advance for sure, though.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darklady109
Hi, I am applying for removal of conditions on my GC for myself and my children aged 16 and 9, I recieved an appointment for me at the Bronx NY this coming Thursday and an apointment for my 16 year old son on December 1st and still waiting on appointment for 9 year old daughter, it is absurd to make me take 3 seperate days off work to travel down to the Bronxs, its obvious they are minors, is there ANY way to get us all done on the same day> without agravating anyone at immigration?
Yes, as soon as you have all 3 appointment letters, you can go all at the same time, anytime before the first appointment date.

If you don't get the 3rd appointment letter by your appointment time on Thursday, you might have to come back another time for the
9 year old....or maybe someone 9 years old doesn't need biometrics taken? Not sure. Bring the 9 year old to your appointment and ask.

Rene
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
... or maybe someone 9 years old doesn't need biometrics taken?
I don't think you need biometrics if you're under age 14.

Ian
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:33 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you live that you have to travel "down" to the Bronx for your biometrics?

If you are in Westchester County, you might want to take your letter and the letters for the children and go to the New Rochelle office on the same day with the kids. They are usually very accommodating and will probably take your biometrics at that center.

If you prefer, just bring the children with you to the Bronx appointment for yourself and they will do all of you at the same time.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Where do you live that you have to travel "down" to the Bronx for your biometrics?

If you are in Westchester County, you might want to take your letter and the letters for the children and go to the New Rochelle office on the same day with the kids. They are usually very accommodating and will probably take your biometrics at that center.

If you prefer, just bring the children with you to the Bronx appointment for yourself and they will do all of you at the same time.
Thank YOu all for the advice, She will have to have the biometrics since two years ago she had to have them and she was only 6 ( she is 8 but will be 9 next week ).
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank YOu all for the advice, She will have to have the biometrics since two years ago she had to have them and she was only 6 ( she is 8 but will be 9 next week ).

yep..my daughter and son did and they were both under 14 at the time..photos but no fingerprints needed
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:03 am
Just Joined

I live up past Westchester County near Kingston in the Hudson Valley.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I live up past Westchester County near Kingston in the Hudson Valley.

And that is the closest ACS center they could send you to? That is a long ride for sure. Have you looked at the www.uscis.gov site to see is there is one closer to you, perhaps in Rockland County, NY? You can always call the 1-800misinformation number and ask to speak with a supervisor and see if they can get your appointments changed to closer to home. If not, I would just walk in and see if they would do it.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:58 am
Concierge

The only one that might be better for you is in Latham, NY (just outside of Albany). At least you would be heading north for about the same amount of time as going south to the Bronx. It takes me about 3 hours to reach Albany from lower Westchester over the Tap and Kingston is about 1-1/2 up from me.

The address is: USCIS Application Support Center 1086 Troy-Schenectady Road Latham, NY 12110-1024.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=NY
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:12 am
Just Joined

So even though it says the Bronx office on the letter I can go to the one you mentioned?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:15 am
Concierge

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=NY

Call the 1-800 number listed on that page (at the bottom) and talk with a supervisor. I don't want to send you up there without knowing for sure that they will take you.

The supervisor would be able to tell you and/or send you a new appointment letter.