Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

2nd K-1 interview on dec 18th wish us luck !

Wikiposts

2nd K-1 interview on dec 18th wish us luck !

Old Dec 14th 2003, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd K-1 interview on dec 18th wish us luck !

My fiance will go back to consulate on dec 18th to take more documents. The reason for the 2nd interview is i needed copies of divorce decree ( not certificate of divorce that i gave them ) to prove there are no child support issues, ( i have no children ) or alimony, ( i pay no alimony either ), and i needed a co-sponsor as my income didnt meet the requirements. So, i have actually 3 people who filled out co-sponsor forms just so i can make sure there are no more nit-picking from the consulate in case they want to delay us for some reason. Is this a good idea to give them the 3 sets of paperwork on affidavit of supports? or should i just have her hand them 1 of them, and present the others if needed? I dont like so much overkill, but better safe than sorry as 1 of the co-sponsors is self employed, and have heard they scrutinize those folks to prove income.

Worth noting is the fact that my actual income is more than 4 times what they require, but as a self employed contractor after business expenses and write offs allowed, it brought my actual TOTAL income down below the requirements, so therefore a co-sponsor is required.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 2:41 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd K-1 interview on dec 18th wish us luck !

Which consulate are you going through?
Old Dec 14th 2003, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sibsie
Which consulate are you going through?

Rio , in Brazil
Old Dec 14th 2003, 3:20 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck!!!

I'm sure it'll be ok and, personally, I would say that taking too much would be better than taking too little!
Better safe than sorry.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Good luck!!!

I'm sure it'll be ok and, personally, I would say that taking too much would be better than taking too little!
Better safe than sorry.

Best wishes

Tam
Thank you for the nice words. If all goes well my fiance will be here one week from today. i have her plane tickets bought and paid for. Just in case though, they are changable or refundable. Hope thats not the case, and no further delays occur.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:51 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wesleygolf
Thank you for the nice words. If all goes well my fiance will be here one week from today. i have her plane tickets bought and paid for. Just in case though, they are changable or refundable. Hope thats not the case, and no further delays occur.
Good Luck on your interview
Don't forget to share your interview experience with us!!!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

My fiance will go back to consulate on dec 18th to take more documents. The reason for the 2nd interview is i needed copies of divorce decree ( not certificate of divorce that i gave them ) to prove there are no child support issues, ( i have no children ) or alimony, ( i pay no alimony either ), and i needed a co-sponsor as my income didnt meet the requirements. So, i have actually 3 people who filled out co-sponsor forms just so i can make sure there are no more nit-picking from the consulate in case they want to delay us for some reason. Is this a good idea to give them the 3 sets of paperwork on affidavit of supports? or should i just have her hand them 1 of them, and present the others if needed? I dont like so much overkill, but better safe than sorry as 1 of the co-sponsors is self employed, and have heard they scrutinize those folks to prove income.

Worth noting is the fact that my actual income is more than 4 times what they require, but as a self employed contractor after business expenses and write offs allowed, it brought my actual TOTAL income down below the requirements, so therefore a co-sponsor is required.
Good luck!!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Good luck!!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the support and encouragement. It helps for sure. I will let the group know what happens as soon i get the phone call from my fiance on thursday morning after the interview.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Wishing you the best of luck!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:42 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck!!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 2:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Best Wishes for a successful second interview!! :-)
Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

My fiance has a second K1 interview the day after yours. Hopefully we'll both be getting K1's before the end of the week!!!! It would make for a great early Christmas present!!! Best of Luck, it's always better to have too much than have too little...I think that's everyone's take home message from here!

MarDae