Wikiposts

2nd 1st NOA!!!

Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2nd 1st NOA!!!

I am here on a K3 visa, and therefore filed for my EAD with the Chicago service center. On friday last week I got my NOA, and made an appointment for the biometrics on the following day (last Saturday)!!! ... so far so good.... but today I had a second NOA in the mail .... same text, same everything as the first one, but with a different receipt number and a different receipt date!!!!
I called the 1800 number, to ask what to do since the biometrics were already done on the first number.... and I kind of had the man speechless, since neither one of the receipt numbers turned out to be in the system!!! He told me that if I couldn't check on my status on the internet till the 4th of March I could call again but they wouldn't do anything before that. … and that he would always go with the earlier receipt date and I should just ignore the second first NOA.
Did anybody have the same kind of problem???? .... What kind of mess do I need to expect next???
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:29 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2nd 1st NOA!!!

Originally posted by sequoia
I am here on a K3 visa, and therefore filed for my EAD with the Chicago service center. On friday last week I got my NOA, and made an appointment for the biometrics on the following day (last Saturday)!!! ... so far so good.... but today I had a second NOA in the mail .... same text, same everything as the first one, but with a different receipt number and a different receipt date!!!!
I called the 1800 number, to ask what to do since the biometrics were already done on the first number.... and I kind of had the man speechless, since neither one of the receipt numbers turned out to be in the system!!! He told me that if I couldn't check on my status on the internet till the 4th of March I could call again but they wouldn't do anything before that. … and that he would always go with the earlier receipt date and I should just ignore the second first NOA.
Did anybody have the same kind of problem???? .... What kind of mess do I need to expect next???
Bless your heart, that doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer and if it was me I don't think I'd take that one lying down. What about calling back and asking to speak to a supervisor and asking about THEM querying NBC. They can do that, and you shouldn't have to wait until March and play Russian roulette with the NOAs. It's their error not yours and there is no need to compound the confusion.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2nd 1st NOA!!!

Originally posted by cindyabs
Bless your heart, that doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer and if it was me I don't think I'd take that one lying down. What about calling back and asking to speak to a supervisor and asking about THEM querying NBC. They can do that, and you shouldn't have to wait until March and play Russian roulette with the NOAs. It's their error not yours and there is no need to compound the confusion.
... I think the main problem is, that neither one of the receipt numbers is in the system jet (just checked again on the webside) ... so does it even make sense to ask for a supervisor when they are not even able to really check on the problem???? ... and how easy or hard is it to convince the first person on the telephone to direct me to a supervisor??? What a mess again!!!