Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

21 and I want to take a giant flying leap

Wikiposts

21 and I want to take a giant flying leap

Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Morag McDoogal will become famous soon enoughMorag McDoogal will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 21 and I want to take a giant flying leap

Originally Posted by VISAHLP
Hello,

the best variant of visa will be suggested in the Embassy, by a proficient assistant.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:13 am
Just Joined

happyboyruss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morag McDoogal
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
What was funny about the suggestion..?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VISAHLP
Hello,
if you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, you don't need visa for 90-days stay, that's for sure. further you'll have to get visa, so you should apply for it in the nearest consulate. here you'll find the addresses

http://united-states.visahq.com/embassy/United-Kingdom

the best variant of visa will be suggested in the Embassy, by a proficient assistant.
Super numb nuts its totally wrong as usual ......
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyboyruss
What was funny about the suggestion..?
The embassy will NOT suggest the best visa for you to use. You have to decide that ahead of time, and apply for a visa. You can't just go in there and say "what visa would I need?" Doesn't work that way.

Rene
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:05 am
Just Joined

bath brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happyboyruss
I've applied to attend a community college in VA and see where that gets me. If you want, I'll let you all know.
Hi,
Good luck with it all - there is a lot of red tape involved but don't let it put you off. Also note that on campus work usually pays a very minimal income. On a more positive note, colleges and universities are pretty easy to get into over here. Once again GOOD LUCK.
Jan
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Ross_Bradley07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bath brit
Hi,
I am in the US on a student visa. I had a similar partner problem. The student visa allows you time to see whether this is what you really want. However the restrictions are that you cannot work, so you would need to be able to cover your costs financially for however long your course is and you must be able to prove this to the visa officials. The other drawback is that at the end of the study period you are back to square one. Another thing is you MUST be a full time student whilst on a student visa. For undergraduate this is 12 credits and for masters it is 9 credits. Hope this helps.
Jan
Did you have to go through london to get your student visa ?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any Consulate will do, assuming they will deal with you.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

bath brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ross_Bradley07
Did you have to go through london to get your student visa ?
I did because it was the closest for me.
Jan