Reload this Page >

208 days later we are graced with a K3

Wikiposts

208 days later we are graced with a K3

Old Nov 23rd 2002, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 208 days later we are graced with a K3

My husband finally has his K3 visa and will be here in a week. I should feel excited and thrilled and of course I do, but mostly I just feel relief and regret. Relief that this nightmare process is finally over and regret that we went the K3 route. If i had to do it all again, i would never get a K3. It's a joke; a visa that was designed to reunite loved ones that took 5 months to get. If there's one thing i've learned it's this: "the processing time" refers to the time beginning when the INS/NIS/Embassy OPENS THE ENVELOPE containing your documents. It took them 2.5 months to open the envelope of our visa application in MSC, 1 month to open the envelope for the embassy interview and another 2 weeks for the NIS to open the envelope to process the police certificate. All told, our documents sat on someone's desk for about 4 months and that is the hardest thing for me to deal with. I'm not going to give a detailed timeline because frankly, i'm sick of looking at calendars and counting dates in my head. Here's the quick and dirty version:

4/28/02 - Sent 129-f app to chicago
07/17/02 - INS cashes 129-f check
9/15/02 - sent away for police certificate
***protocol change for PC in the UK, had to re-apply***
10/31/02 - embassy interview. Got rtf because police certificate had not arrived.
11/20/02- police certificate arrives
11/22/02 - get K3 visa

That's about it. Good luck to all you folks out there going through this, I feel for you, I really do. Thanks to Scarlett, Rete, Patrick, Rogerpennycate, Folynska and everyone else who takes the time to give accurate and sane advice on this insane process.
Old Nov 23rd 2002, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 208 days later we are graced with a K3

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by jsv888
My husband finally has his K3 visa and will be here in a week. I should feel excited and thrilled and of course I do, but mostly I just feel relief and regret. Relief that this nightmare process is finally over and regret that we went the K3 route. If i had to do it all again, i would never get a K3. It's a joke; a visa that was designed to reunite loved ones that took 5 months to get.

Congratulations on the k3. You must feel on top of the world. Wow!!! you should be happy it took only 5 months. Count your blessings. God is with you and obviously not with me. We are doing k1 and look we are at 8 months and still waiting.....

amy
Old Nov 23rd 2002, 4:00 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes....I see your point. Maybe a K-1 would have been faster? I see you filed the I-129F in Chicage, so you would have gone through NSC. They are ripping out I-129F approvals in 4 ~ 5 months.

You didn't mention which consulate you went through. I assume it is UK or Canada? There are several consulates that take 208 days from the service center approval date to issue a visa. China, for example, has not issued a K visa since August 1st even though the beneficiary was approved at the interview. Many filed their original petition a year ago. They only have a backlog of 8,500 and counting. I hope some of those approved at their interview in August will be here by Christmas. Too late for Thanksgiving.

Consider yourself very lucky, indeed.

-Don H
Old Nov 23rd 2002, 4:13 am
Sthrnshrte

Congratulations on the K3 finally coming true for y'all. We all feel your
frustration at a quick fix taking so long, but having to wait 208 days is still
better than those of us waiting on TSC's 500-600 days. Actually I don't see
why anyone using a different service center would even need to apply for a K3,
with such quick times, so in most cases, it is very useless. Well, he's with
you now, or will be very soon, so that's one thing to check off the list. Good
luck on all the other red tape for the next however many years.

Ash (and Pete, UK)