Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

2 Missed Oath Ceremonies-N-336 problem-Yes, I am an Idiot

2 Missed Oath Ceremonies-N-336 problem-Yes, I am an Idiot

Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Missed Oath Ceremonies-N-336 problem-Yes, I am an Idiot

So where do you get the "36 months" ?
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
So where do you get the "36 months" ?
36 months = 3 years, which is the amount of time you have to be a PR and be married to a USC in order to naturalize based on marriage to a USC.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why would you bring your ailing father to the US when he has access to the NHS in the UK? Many people have plans to bring their elderly parents to the US...only to find it is not feasible because of healthcare.
Jersey, apparantly they are eligable for medicaid once they have lived here for 5 years. Of course during the first 5 years would need to make certain they have relevant health insurance.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Jersey, apparantly they are eligable for medicaid once they have lived here for 5 years. Of course during the first 5 years would need to make certain they have relevant health insurance.
That would depend on income, but like you say there is the 5 years....
Old Nov 7th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
36 months = 3 years, which is the amount of time you have to be a PR and be married to a USC in order to naturalize based on marriage to a USC.

Rene
Yes, I understand. I was asking where you got that information of 36 months as it's not in the CFR or the USCIS guide to naturalization, for which I gave the 2 links.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 1:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I understand. I was asking where you got that information of 36 months as it's not in the CFR or the USCIS guide to naturalization, for which I gave the 2 links.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. It's here, at USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/...es-us-citizens

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 1:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was asking where you got that information of 36 months as it's not in the CFR or the USCIS guide to naturalization, for which I gave the 2 links.
It is in the Guide... pages 18 & 19. When you are qualifying based on marriage to a USC, everything is determined based on 3 years of marriage. Three years = 36 months... so half of that (= 18 months out of 36) is required for physical presence. It's exactly half the amount of time required to qualify for naturalization based on marriage to a USC.

That's the reason physical presence is 30 months when you're qualifying based on 5 years as a PR. Five years = 60 months... therefore, physical presence = 30 months... exactly half that time.

We're not making up the numbers... it has been this way for many, many years. I understand you're stressed, but surely you haven't lost all common sense.

Ian
Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

This article suggests that a 6 month absence in itself is not an absolute bar to naturalization: http://lawandborder.com/can-a-green-...r-citizenship/
Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It is in the Guide... pages 18 & 19. When you are qualifying based on marriage to a USC, everything is determined based on 3 years of marriage. Three years = 36 months... so half of that (= 18 months out of 36) is required for physical presence. It's exactly half the amount of time required to qualify for naturalization based on marriage to a USC.

That's the reason physical presence is 30 months when you're qualifying based on 5 years as a PR. Five years = 60 months... therefore, physical presence = 30 months... exactly half that time.

We're not making up the numbers... it has been this way for many, many years. I understand you're stressed, but surely you haven't lost all common sense.

Ian
Ian, you'll note in post 59 that I saw the USCIS guide and wrote that I couldn't see anywhere there the mention of 3 years. It wasn't pointed out till now that my post 59 is inaccurate and it is actually there. Hence I kept asking the question. Now that you've said so, I've looked again, and indeed it's on the very pages I quoted in my post 59. It's just that the pages need to be read a certain way. So I suppose I haven't lost all common sense.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So I suppose I haven't lost all common sense.
Well then... good! Because you're usually quite sensible.

Ian
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:28 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Carefully.

Regards, JEff
It's just that the pages need to be read a certain way.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Yes. Carefully.

Regards, JEff
No. Not carefully. The pdf show the pages one after the other. So the natural read is one after the other. However, to get the correct info, the matching 2 pages need to be read "side by side".

Enjoy your popcorn. My favorite is salt & caramel. But I usually don't yawn while eating.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

I seem to remember Mr F mentioning a 'maven' on Naturalisation, was he the one Mr F referred you to?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

:-)) I think there is one and only, The MR F. But I don't know about the maven. Could you please explain?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

I can not remeber the name, but some time back I seem to remember Mr F mentioning in reply to someone else's question the name of a Lawyer who was consider 'the man', he said maven, for Naturaisation issues. I think located in CA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.