Wikiposts

1st NOA?!

Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:30 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

I would think you should have a first NOA by now. We sent our petition certified mail so that we could check the number online at the US postal site to see when it arrived. We sent ours November 12, 2002 and received our first NOA 11 days later which seems to be normal. Something is definitely not right with not having received your first NOA yet.

Call about your case ASAP.

Nebraska Service Center (402) 323-7830
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rete. I just got off the phone with them and they said they are keying in the last of December's now so call back next week and we should be in the log. They said they issue you a receipt. I'm just wanting a case number for Paul so I can check to see where we stand. Do you get that? Someone else I know filed for AOS and they said they received a number. Just wondering.
Kady

Originally posted by Rete
Kady

You are filing for AOS not for a finacee visa. There normally isn't a NOA for adjustment filing. If anything, you might receive a cash register receipt in the mail listing the petitions you filed and the amounts paid or you might get a letter stating your I-485 has been received and it will take x number of months to adjudicate.

There is only experience on the page for Indianapolis and that was 1999. They filed in January and received a "receipt" in March.

Hope that helps.

http://www.kamya.com/aos/indiana.html#indianapolis

Rete
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Paul had alittle trouble with the accent but he's been here since November and pretty much knows what everyone is saying. Now, him talking is another thing. I understand him perfectly but other people don't too well. He has that "midland" accent. I'm always having to translate to my friends alot of the time, he, he. Great Shaun, would love to meet and greet you too.

Originally posted by hoosier wannabe
i dont know, i guess i just fitted in. Its so much better then my surroundings right now. Im not sure about the accent though, it takes me forever to figure out what ppl are saying!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Hey Beyness: Where are you planning on going in 2 months? We eventually moving back to England but who knows when with INS. I don't have any family left here in the US except cousins and all of Paul's friends and family are still in England.

Originally posted by beyness
Just curious, why do like Indiana so much? I'm getting ouot of here in 2 months to go somewhere a bit more my style...
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious, why do like Indiana so much? I'm getting ouot of here in 2 months to go somewhere a bit more my style...
I miss Indiana! I now live in Ohio (6 years) before that Missouri (2 years) but Indiana 36 years. Prefer it hands down to anywhere else. Was 100 miles east of Chicago (two sisters there).....just 15 minutes from Notre Dame and love going down to Indy.

I would like to try living out on the west coast one day though....or east coast.....but Ohio & Missouri just are not my cuppa. (Stuck here 5 more years till Ian goes to college.) If you don't like Indiana.....stay clear of Ohio...it bites for sure!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:07 am

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally posted by stevelisaw
before that Missouri (2 years)
I'm originally from Misery...er...I mean Missouri and you couldn't pay me to live there again. Most of my family are still there and I go back reluctantly to visit once in a while, but it certainly isn't where I want to settle down and raise a family.

Originally posted by stevelisaw I would like to try living out on the west coast one day though....or east coast.....but Ohio & Missouri just are not my cuppa. (Stuck here 5 more years till Ian goes to college.) If you don't like Indiana.....stay clear of Ohio...it bites for sure!
I lived in Portland, Oregon while I went to school. I absolutely loved it out there and eventually would like to move back to Oregon (proabably a smaller town than Portland) after we are finished entirely with the INS/BCIS.

I must admit that I have considered moving to the New England area just so I could resubmit our K-1 petition for faster processing. LOL I'm guessing by the time I moved, submitted petition to VSC, received 1st NOA and 2nd NOA, NSC would STILL be processing our original petition. argh! LMAO

edit edit edit...gotta love the edit button
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Oregon after we get married and are going to apply for AOS out there. I love mountains and lakes and being outdoors and want to live in a progressive, environmentally friendly community.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:23 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

<official Oregon pusher> I can't resist piping up whenever someone mentions Oregon or more to the point, Portland. Love this area....grew up 20 miles outside Portland, went to highschool in downtown Portland, spent three miserable years in LA, and am home again in the Portland area. Sadest thing is, I missed the rain when in Southern Cali!! <hides> Amoung other things of course.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Kae
<official Oregon pusher> I can't resist piping up whenever someone mentions Oregon or more to the point, Portland. Love this area....grew up 20 miles outside Portland, went to highschool in downtown Portland, spent three miserable years in LA, and am home again in the Portland area. Sadest thing is, I missed the rain when in Southern Cali!! <hides> Amoung other things of course.
Kae, we are thinking of Eugene, have you ever been there? Portland's a bit too expensive for us right now!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default oregon

The only place I thought of staying on my many travels was Oregon. The only reason I didn't pursue it was a joke with a grain of truth.
Q:Why are all the hippies moving to Orgeon?
A:They hear that there are no jobs there.

No insult to anyone in Oregon, cause I understand the appeal. Please ring in to counteract the impression...
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:36 am

Kae, we are thinking of Eugene, have you ever been there? Portland's a bit too expensive for us right now!
roflmao Eugene is exactly where we are wanting to move! It is small enough to to be cozy, and big enough to offer a good variety of entertainment...both indoor and outdoor. I visited Eugene once and thought it was nice. I was there on the weekend so was able to experience their Saturday Market which was fun.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:59 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Eugene is a very unique mixture of a small town, a college town, and a growing city. It is considerably cheaper there apartment shopping wise. If considering the area, perhaps also look into the Springfield area. It Eigene's "sister-city" in that it's all of a five minute drive from the center of Eugene (barring rush hour traffic!). You'll also be less likely to get the college partiers for neighbors. Eugene, being the home of the University of Oregon, owes *alot* of commercial growth and stability to the University. Whether it be through the actually college students, or the sometimes large influx of Ducks fans for important football games and such. (They are extremely supportive of their Ducks football team!)

Eugene is also a little slower paced than Portland in general. Although it has been growing quite a bit the past few years. There is plenty of night-life in the area, thanks to the University. Quite a spectrum of employment areas to choose from. Although, as it's been said, Oregon has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. And yes, Eugene is a bit of a mecca for the "hippy" culture do to it's liberal majority. But I think you'll find a vast spectrum in both political beliefs and economic standings.

This is all from my visits to a close highschool friend who attended U of O and from her experiences there. Any questions you may have please just let me know.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

just wanted to clarify - nothing against hippies, just nervous to toss my life into more turmoil by having to look for a job somewhere that is historically tough. especially since my family ties are back east, and flights to Jamaica are much cheaper out of Philadelphia & Baltimore than Portland.
Some day we'll have enough money that we can live anywhere we want? teehee...
Old Feb 14th 2003, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I'm a bit scared about the whole job thing, but it is bad everywhere at the moment, and hopefully, I'll be able to work more towards my goals in a place like Oregon which I'm sure is into into it's yoga and healing arts if it so "hippie" and won't have to be stuck in an office very much longer... maybe I'm an optimist, but hopefully, we'll get through it....
Old Feb 14th 2003, 7:01 am
Kae
Forum Regular

I don't know about Eugene, but Yoga classes are quite popular in the Portland area. My mother and both my sisters take them if that's any indication.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.