Wikiposts

1st NOA?!

Old Feb 14th 2003, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st NOA?!

Hi everyone,

My Fiancee sent the petition for my K1 Visa just after thanksgiving 2002, however we havent received ANYTHING! I was under the impression we would receive a 1st NOA once Nebraska received the paperwork.

i have spoken to the US embassy in London and i have a LND number......... all they advised me of is that Nebraska were still looking into it. Its been 10 weeks and NO WORD?! Im so worried. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Shaun
Old Feb 14th 2003, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

have you checked to see if they cashed your check? Did you send it receipt mail and if so, recieved anthing indicating they have recieved it? You can call your Congressman to explain the situation, maybe they can help out!

Am intrigued my your user name as I am from Indiana!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

yeh......... i know, im a geek........... My fiancee is from Columbus, Indiana. I love Indiana and cant wait to move there.

Thanks for the quick response......... My fiancee sent a money order and not a check. I know the INS have it as we are showing on the system in the US embassy. Do you think contacting our congressman would help? Im so worried that something is wrong....... i have a wedding to go to in July!

Ok, im gonna try and breath, thanks for the quick response!

Shaun
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st NOA?!

Hi Shaun: I'm not sure on the K1 petitions because we are applying for AOS. We got married here in the states 1/2, applied for AOS 1/13, INS cashed our money orders on 2/5 and we still haven't heard anything yet. Not even the first NOA. We applied at the Indianapolis sub-office. That's the reason why I'm writing. I noticed your name is "Hoosier Wannabe". Hoosier is Indiana and that's where we are at. My husband is from Nottinghamshire, England and I was wondering what part of England are you in and where in Indiana does your fiancee live? If I'm wrong on this assumption, please forgive me. We are in Greenfield, 25 miles east of Indpls.
Cheers mate,
Kady

Originally posted by hoosier wannabe
Hi everyone,

My Fiancee sent the petition for my K1 Visa just after thanksgiving 2002, however we havent received ANYTHING! I was under the impression we would receive a 1st NOA once Nebraska received the paperwork.

i have spoken to the US embassy in London and i have a LND number......... all they advised me of is that Nebraska were still looking into it. Its been 10 weeks and NO WORD?! Im so worried. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Shaun
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

It is very strange that neither of you have received you NOA. Kady, have you called the Indy office to inquire why you have not gotten it yet?
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Im from Hull, England.......... not too far from where your husband is from. My fiancee lives in Columbus...........ive heard of Greenfield also Greenwood?! all i know is INDY ROCKS!

Whilst on the subject of Indy.......... anyone ever been to IUPUI?
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

No I haven't called yet. Do you think that I should? When I called last week, they said they were running about 6-8 weeks behind.

Originally posted by beyness
It is very strange that neither of you have received you NOA. Kady, have you called the Indy office to inquire why you have not gotten it yet?
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, but that still doesn't warrat you not getting a 1st NOA as this is just to say they have received you file, not that they have actually even looked at it yet.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Columbus isn't that far away from us. Greenfield is on the east side and Greenwood is on the south side. Never been to IUPUI but has a friend that works there. I'll tell Paul where you come from. He'll be glad to hear another is moving to Indiana. Maybe we can get together when you get here.

Im from Hull, England.......... not too far from where your husband is from. My fiancee lives in Columbus...........ive heard of Greenfield also Greenwood?! all i know is INDY ROCKS!

Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

IF i EVER get there! sheesh........ i cant even get a 1st NOA! But heck yeh! Id love to meet and greet you both!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Going to call right at this very moment. Wish me luck!

Originally posted by beyness
Yes, but that still doesn't warrat you not getting a 1st NOA as this is just to say they have received you file, not that they have actually even looked at it yet.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

GOOD LUCK KADY!
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Just curious, why do like Indiana so much? I'm getting ouot of here in 2 months to go somewhere a bit more my style...
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kady
No I haven't called yet. Do you think that I should? When I called last week, they said they were running about 6-8 weeks behind.
Kady

You are filing for AOS not for a finacee visa. There normally isn't a NOA for adjustment filing. If anything, you might receive a cash register receipt in the mail listing the petitions you filed and the amounts paid or you might get a letter stating your I-485 has been received and it will take x number of months to adjudicate.

There is only experience on the page for Indianapolis and that was 1999. They filed in January and received a "receipt" in March.

Hope that helps.

http://www.kamya.com/aos/indiana.html#indianapolis

Rete
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

i dont know, i guess i just fitted in. Its so much better then my surroundings right now. Im not sure about the accent though, it takes me forever to figure out what ppl are saying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.