Wikiposts

1st and 2nd NOA

Old Mar 24th 2002, 12:05 am
Happle3

Default 1st and 2nd NOA

Can anyone tell me what are 1st and 2nd NOA in K-1 process? I have been following
this news group for a little over a week, and I was impressed by the amount of
information everyone provided here. Thanks for all the helpers here! Good luck to you
all. Happle3

Old Mar 24th 2002, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

BestGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1st and 2nd NOA

NOA=Notice of Action

When you send your I-129F (Petition for Fiance Visa) to the appropriate service center, they will send you a 1st NOA within (usually, this is the INS) 2 weeks or so. The 1st NOA just tells you they got your paperwork and gives you a receipt number. It will prolly also tell give you a rough guess as to how long you will have to wait (70-100 working days, in my case). Then you wait. Several months later, you will get your 2nd NOA, which will tell you (well, at least you hope so) that your petition was approved and sent on to the appropriate embassy for the rest of the process.
Old Mar 26th 2002, 5:33 pm
Rick

Default Re: 1st and 2nd NOA

After you file your initial petition (K1, K3, whatever) your receive your 1st NOA
(Notice of Action) when the INS officially opens your case. It will have a case
number. The 2nd NOA means approval and that your petition has been sent to the
consulate of your fiancee's country to continue the process there. Hope this helps
and that I've got it right. Learned what I know through this NG.

Rick "happle3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:81854C9E42E0D063.B5244013FEC982...lp.airnews.net...
    > Can anyone tell me what are 1st and 2nd NOA in K-1 process? I have been following
    > this news group for a little over a week, and I
was
    > impressed by the amount of information everyone provided here. Thanks for all the
    > helpers here! Good luck to you all. Happle3