Wikiposts

129F question (K-3)

Old Apr 29th 2002, 3:40 pm
Joey

Default 129F question (K-3)

Hey I guess my last post didn't go through so I'll try this again.

I just got my 129F NOA today and I called the number to check the status. It said "We
have received your petition for a fianceé visa". My question is why would they say
fianceé? We are already married and I sent them my marriage certificate. I
specifically put on the 129F it was a K-3 visa and not a K-1. Is this normal? They
sent the visa petition to the Missouri Service Center as well...Doesn't Chicago
handle these?

Any info from anyone else you has received their NOA and listened to their voice
system, or from anyone else who might know!!

Thanks!!

Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:10 pm
Mrpher

Default Re: 129F question (K-3)

"Joey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey I guess my last post didn't go through so I'll try this again.
    >
    > I just got my 129F NOA today and I called the number to check the status. It said
    > "We have received your petition for a fianceé visa". My question is why would they
    > say fianceé? We are already married and I sent them my marriage certificate. I
    > specifically put on the 129F it was a K-3 visa and not a K-1. Is this normal? They
    > sent the visa petition to the Missouri Service Center as well...Doesn't Chicago
    > handle these?
    >
    > Any info from anyone else you has received their NOA and listened to their voice
    > system, or from anyone else who might know!!
    >
    > Thanks!!

We sent ours to Chicago also. But they foward it to Missouri. Missouri handles all
the K-3 petitions. When you call it says "Your I-129f petition for fiance was
recieved......so on and so on" From what I have read it is normal. Ours was approved
and the notice said it was for a K-3/K-4 visa. I wouldnt rely on the voice system.
We got out approval notice allready and the system is still the same. Hasnt been
updated yet.

Old Apr 30th 2002, 7:10 am
Steve Hubbard

Did you include a photo copy of your I-130 receipt?..you are required to do
that...the petition is sent to the Missouri Service Center (MSC) and they will send
you a receipt/NOA if all paperwork is in order...your wife is then free to call the
US Embassy in her country and request her packet...should be no problem...just a slow
process but quicker than the I-130 unless the case has complications...like ours!!

Steve (US/Philippines)

Old Apr 30th 2002, 12:40 pm
Richard Sun

I think you're good to go. I heard the same thing and I just received my second NOA.

Here's my current timelines:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html