Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

129F processing time at NBC slow?

Wikiposts

129F processing time at NBC slow?

Old Apr 14th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

anyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really niceanyone4tea is just really nice
Default Re: 129F processing time at NBC slow?

It is logical to make projections based on a continuing trend on the only data available to us, from the agencies with which we are dealing.

Admittedly, we can only put so much faith in this information but humans being humans... and our exact processing dates being completely unavailable we like to think that we have some future date to aim for.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

trompeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by zeo
Very good point but look at this:

current date UCIS processing dates
March 25th Jan 08th, 2004

April 8th Jan 14th, 2004

April 25th Jan 20th, 2004

May 12th Jan 26th, 2004

May 29th Feb 01st, 2004

June 15th Feb 07st, 2004

July 01st Feb 13st, 2004

July 18th Feb 19th, 2004

Aug 4th Feb 25st, 2004

Aug 21st Mar 03rd, 2004

Sept 08th Mar 10th, 2004

Oct 12th Mar 22nd, 2004

Oct 29th Mar 28th, 2004 possible approval date

so my calculation could be wrong and UCIS could speed up? So can i still expect up to 6 months for my wife to come?
But
Feb 06 Nov 06
Feb 20 Dec 08
March 04 Dec 24
March 22 Jan 08

It wasn't that slow before

Last edited by trompeta; Apr 14th 2004 at 10:22 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:17 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by zeo
how do i know when it becomes overdue? my receipt notice says it takes 60 - 180 days to process this application for the I-129F but the website tells me 60-90 days for them to process this application which one is correct? My case is at MSC.
I would type it all out for you, but I have to keep my postings short today as I have a lot to do. Instead, go visit my CSC JIT Report page that deals with I-129f's pending at the CSC (http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/cscjit.htm). I go into detail about how to calculate an overdue date on that page (based on the CSC JIT Report). You would go through the same calculation process "except" that instead of adding 30 business days to the date of publication of the first report showing they have moved past your notice date, use 60 business days.

That is how you use the report to calculate an overdue date at the NBC. Don't rely on the wild guess of 60-180 days printed on your receipt notice, or any projected time listed on the on-line status checking page. Those numbers don't actually come from the NBC itself (instead some bureaucrat at USCIS HQ tells them what to put on their notices and on-line page), usually don't come close to reflecting reality, and will more than likely result in you having unrealistic expectations.

Instead rely on the reports as they show the notice date of the last case taken off of the shelf and given to an officer. Then you couple that fact that at the NBC, their policy is that the officer should approve, deny or issue an RFE within 60 business days of being given the case.

Good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:21 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Because it is logical.
Yes, I suppose so, "if one didn't know and better" (not to rely on them). He knows better now, and if you have been in the group for a while I would think you would know better by now too (if not, than I'm happy to have just now helped you).

Good luck with your case.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

ajayd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Yes, I suppose so, "if one didn't know and better" (not to rely on them). He knows better now, and if you have been in the group for a while I would think you would know better by now too (if not, than I'm happy to have just now helped you).

Good luck with your case.
So According to April 8th report MSC is processing Jan 14th So lets say if my NOA is Jan 13th and I dont hear anything by June 8th ( thats 60 days from April 8) my case is overdue?

Also I have seen some approvals with NOA1 of Jan 20 , Feb 2 .. So these processing reports are not that accurate?

Also is there stats on How many people apply of K-3 at MSC/NBC?

Thanks!

Last edited by ajayd; Apr 15th 2004 at 10:29 am.
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:01 am
Banned

Originally posted by ajayd
So According to April 8th report MSC is processing Jan 14th So lets say if my NOA is Jan 13th and I dont hear anything by June 8th ( thats 60 days from April 8) my case is overdue?
I haven't pulled down my calendar to double check your counting of business days, but it sounds like you correctly understand how to make the calculation. If it becomes overdue, than you would contact them.

Edited to add: But if you know that you or your fiancée have been arrested in the U.S. before, than know that your case will receive an IBIS hit and thus, will experience an extra delay, slight to significant, while they try to find some time to do the follow up IBIS work. And even if you or your fiancée have not been arrested in the U.S. before, if you or your fiancée have common names, than the odds of "someone else" with the same name having an arrest record goes up, and thus, your case might get an IBIS hit anyway.

The reports only reflect cases that "do not" receive IBIS hits. Another way to look at this is that a case that gets an IBIS hit will "never" have an overdue date.

Also I have seen some approvals with NOA1 of Jan 20 , Feb 2 .. So these processing reports are not that accurate?
One could look at the report and conclude that these cases were approved before they became overdue. That's "all" you can use the reports for… to see if the case is likely off of the shelf and with an officer yet (IBIS wrinkle) and if so, an overdue date.

Sure, most cases are approved before they become overdue (like the two dates you gave above). The fact that these cases are right after the date listed on the report shows the "accuracy" of the NBC report, not the opposite.

Also is there stats on How many people apply of K-3 at MSC/NBC?
Thanks!
I'm sure there are, but I don't have them.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Apr 15th 2004 at 11:07 am.