Wikiposts

129F APPROVED

Old May 24th 2007, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

slighty mad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 129F APPROVED

After exactly 2 months of waiting our 129F petition has been approved!
It feels like a major achievement but we know theres a way to go yet. As I understand it I get sent forms here in the UK, these get sent off and then have to wait for an appointment in London. Is this about the jist of it? It feels like we been waiting for ages but this is a step forward right?
Old May 24th 2007, 11:31 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 129F APPROVED

Originally Posted by slighty mad
After exactly 2 months of waiting our 129F petition has been approved!
It feels like a major achievement but we know theres a way to go yet. As I understand it I get sent forms here in the UK, these get sent off and then have to wait for an appointment in London. Is this about the jist of it? It feels like we been waiting for ages but this is a step forward right?
That's the gist of it. Before this next stage happens, though, your I-797 NOA has to be sent from the service center to the London Consulate first.And you'll have to get you medical done and pay the visa fee before your interview.

Congrats on the petition approval!

~ Jenney
Old May 25th 2007, 2:55 am
Just Joined

slighty mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
That's the gist of it. Before this next stage happens, though, your I-797 NOA has to be sent from the service center to the London Consulate first.And you'll have to get you medical done and pay the visa fee before your interview.

Congrats on the petition approval!

~ Jenney
Thank you! I never thought in my wildest dreams I'd be going through all this. Just shows you'll do anything for love! Couple of questions, where does the medical have to be done is that down in London too? Do you get notified of where you have to go? Sorry so many questions but I need to get it all straight in my head. Im a bit of a freak when it comes to knowing exactly whats happening.
Sally
Old May 25th 2007, 3:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

where does the medical have to be done is that down in London too?
Yes.

Do you get notified of where you have to go?
Yes, once you turn in your checklist to London, they will send you a notice to go for your medical (and will tell you where to go), and also will have your interview appointment in the letter. I believe you need to show this letter at your medical. You'll also need to bring 2 passport-style photos with you to the medical.

Congratulations on the I-129F approval.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 25th 2007, 3:32 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

where does the medical have to be done is that down in London too?
Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes.
I could have sworn that procedures in the UK changed a few years ago regarding the medical. Before (like when we went through it in 2003), people had their medicals the same morning as their visa interviews -- everyone went to Dr. Phelan's office in London first, then walked/took a taxi to the consulate for the interview. But I thought that now, people got their medicals done before the visa interview (as in days or even weeks beforehand) but there were multiple places around the UK where they could get it done. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

~ Jenney
Old May 25th 2007, 3:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I could have sworn that procedures in the UK changed a few years ago regarding the medical. Before (like when we went through it in 2003), people had their medicals the same morning as their visa interviews -- everyone went to Dr. Phelan's office in London first, then walked/took a taxi to the consulate for the interview. But I thought that now, people got their medicals done before the visa interview (as in days or even weeks beforehand) but there were multiple places around the UK where they could get it done. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

~ Jenney
My understanding is that the medical is indeed done further ahead of the interview (not the same day), but I believe all the USCIS doctors are only in London.

I will be interested to know if that's true.

Rene