Wikiposts

129-F Approved!!!!!!

Old May 24th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

mpd131 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 129-F Approved!!!!!!

Got the great news today online that our application was approved!! Feels too good to be true. Still waiting for the approval to come in the mail and for my parents to fax it to me!

One worrying point though- I've heard that the fiance has 4 months from the time of approval to get the visa at the consulate (he will be working with the UK consulate). Problem is that while he will be able to fill out all the paperwork as soon as he gets it (we are living in New Zealand at the moment, so his parents will forward it here), he can't actually do an interview at the consulate in London until November 04. Which is past that 4 month period (our 4 months would end on September 21). Does anyone have previous experience in asking the consulate to extend this time period? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old May 24th 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Extension of I-129 F validity !

I would love to quote the answer for your question straight from the US embassy in London website but at this point of time, the website is down. So I am quoting from the website of the US embassy in Ukraine http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_K1K2_eng.html

Q. What is the process for extending a petition beyond the original four-month validity?
A. The process is very simple. A consular officer can revalidate a K visa PETITION any number of times for additional periods of 4 months provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary’s admission into the United States. To have the petition revalidated send a written request to the Embassy that includes a statement of your intention to go forward with the marriage.....

Last edited by 21stcenturylove; May 24th 2004 at 10:19 pm.
Old May 24th 2004, 8:52 pm
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 129-F Approved!!!!!!

Originally posted by mpd131
Got the great news today online that our application was approved!! Feels too good to be true. Still waiting for the approval to come in the mail and for my parents to fax it to me!

One worrying point though- I've heard that the fiance has 4 months from the time of approval to get the visa at the consulate (he will be working with the UK consulate). Problem is that while he will be able to fill out all the paperwork as soon as he gets it (we are living in New Zealand at the moment, so his parents will forward it here), he can't actually do an interview at the consulate in London until November 04. Which is past that 4 month period (our 4 months would end on September 21). Does anyone have previous experience in asking the consulate to extend this time period? Any advice would be much appreciated.
You have for month from Embassy approval. All you have is USCIS approval. Once you get the Interview Date from the Embassy, just reschedule it.
Old May 24th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by mpd131

Visajourney has an excellent template/example of a letter requesting extension of an I-129f approval...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples

See "Request to Extend Approval of I-129f" under K1 visa form examples..

And congratulations on the approval!!!
Old May 24th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by kud
You have four month from Embassy approval.....
Are you sure? I thought one has six months time to enter USA from the date the K visa is issued ("Embassy approval").
Old May 25th 2004, 1:14 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Are you sure? I thought one has six months time to enter USA from the date the K visa is issued ("Embassy approval").
Oops said 4 month because of her post. It is six month.
Old May 25th 2004, 4:26 am
Richard Cochran

21stcenturylove <member10076@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by kud
    > > You have four month from
    > Embassy approval.....
    >
    > Are you sure? I thought one has six
    > months time to enter USA from the date the K visa is issued ("Embassy
    > approval").

You're right, but that's a different clock that the original poster wasn't
concerned about. The limit of concern is that the approved I-129F must
be used to obtain a visa at the consulate within four months after
approval of the I-129F (subject to extensions as others have said).
What you're referring to is what happens next -- the alien must
enter the US within six months after the visa is obtained.

--Rich

Old May 25th 2004, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

mpd131 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for all the help you provided. It is much appreciated, and now I have a template I can use for the letter to the London Embassy.

Thanks again!
Old May 27th 2004, 12:03 am
Spahi

Congratulations... Mala.