Wikiposts

*sighs* More Questions

Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:10 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *sighs* More Questions

Originally Posted by mandalanda
There are no objections to the K-1 that is the route we've started on. Just trying to get the money together for the application. I've been a bit concerned about the affidavit of support as I've just gotten back into the workforce within the last month. I own my home and all that good stuff, but my bank records are not gonna be great as I've not been working.
Oh OK I know, the expenses seem to always come at the worst time. Does Mr mandalanda have any money? London has been a friendly Consulate for what we call 'self sponsoring' (you can search on that term & its variants) where the applicant can show he has funds for his first few months in the US.

You will still have to face the I-864 (stricter Affidavit of Support) later on, but you will have been working long enough by then, and if he is working, his income can count toward his support. You can also use your assets toward his support at that time.
Hey, I wasn't working at all, just loafing on the beach and now 7 years later I can't shift him out of here for love or money.
Lots of possibilities for you!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

There are no objections to the K-1 that is the route we've started on. Just trying to get the money together for the application. I've been a bit concerned about the affidavit of support as I've just gotten back into the workforce within the last month. I own my home and all that good stuff, but my bank records are not gonna be great as I've not been working.
If your fiance is using the London consulate, and he has any significant savings, he can try to "self-sponsor". Or, you can use your assets (your home) on the I-134 as well. And the I-134, if you use one, is not due until the day of his interview, so by that time you'll have a good 6 or 8 months of work under your belt.

Worse comes to worse, you can have someone else do an I-134 and sponsor him.

Just make sure you are in a position to qualify for the I-864 when the time comes for him to AOS (after he arrives in the USA on the K-1). Or have a good joint sponsor lined up for that.

Rene
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

mandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to all

Ooohhh...that clears a few things up. I was under the impression that both the I-134 and the I-864 needed to be filed with the original petition. Knowing that those items won't be needed until a later date is helpful as then I can file the I-129f sooner then (like in the next week) :-) woohoo!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rene, didn't we have a word about this yesterday? Meeting like this?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:24 am

Ooohhh...that clears a few things up. I was under the impression that both the I-134 and the I-864 needed to be filed with the original petition. Knowing that those items won't be needed until a later date is helpful as then I can file the I-129f sooner then (like in the next week) :-) woohoo!!
Yes, the flow goes something like this:

Submit I-129f w/proof of meeting in past two years in person

In about 4+ whatever months, petition is approved & visa application begins.

Affidavit of Support required at consular interview, not before.

Please look in the wiki here.. people have written great info explaining the London process. http://britishexpats.com/wiki/
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

mandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to allmandalanda is a name known to all

Thanks so much for all of your information! I will be doing some reading and getting those documents in!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Rene, didn't we have a word about this yesterday? Meeting like this?
I couldn't stay away. LOL
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:30 am

Thanks so much for all of your information! I will be doing some reading and getting those documents in!!
I'm glad we could clear that up! I'm sure that made your day, knowing you can file the I-129F sooner, and have time to deal with the affidavit of support a bit later! Yay!

Rene