Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

Wikiposts

****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:22 am
Just Joined

simatim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

Originally Posted by mstracy
Crimes committed as a minor (under 18 years of age) should be declared but should not effect the visa application. I wouldn't think he will have any problems.

Good luck with the interview.

Mark
i beg to differ i just had my visa refused on the grounds of my criminal record all be it 20 years ago all were under the age ogf 18, nothing that serious just stupid kid stuff as far as i am concerned,but they told me ya get one free then two and ya out.Unfortunatly i had 2 that mattered to them and police reports in the uk at least go allllllllllllllllllllllll the way back. hope all works out for you ,good luck.

Last edited by simatim; Dec 21st 2004 at 3:25 am.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simatim
i beg to differ i just had my visa refused on the grounds of my criminal record all be it 20 years ago all were under the age ogf 18, nothing that serious just stupid kid stuff as far as i am concerned,but they told me ya get one free then two and ya out.Unfortunatly i had 2 that mattered to them and police reports in the uk at least go allllllllllllllllllllllll the way back. hope all works out for you ,good luck.

I split your thread as I don't know why you are posting to a post that is over 3 months old.

Rete
Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:20 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I split your thread as I don't know why you are posting to a post that is over 3 months old.

Rete
I've done it myself. Mainly after doing a search on a topic relevant to me and not checking the date of the last post. Probably happened to the poster too. Still, the topics are still relevant.

Happens with the similar thread links at the bottom of the page too. Those are positively archaic.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I think in your case you should hire a lawyer to plead your case, very sorry to read about this but please do not let this take out the wind in your sails. Keep fighting and keep your head up, it is not over.

Old Dec 21st 2004, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Read section 212(a)(2)(A) of the Immigration & Nationality Act. One "freebie" if you meet the definitions. So you committed two "CIMT" -- YOU may think it stupid kid stuff, Congress disagreed.

File that I-601 and document it well. It might even get approved.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Read section 212(a)(2)(A) of the Immigration & Nationality Act. One "freebie" if you meet the definitions. So you committed two "CIMT" -- YOU may think it stupid kid stuff, Congress disagreed.

File that I-601 and document it well. It might even get approved.
i dont deny that congress would beg to differ with me, i was just stating that it does matter no matter how trivial you think it may be,and the fact that it was as a kid its gonna be relivant when it comes down to it.I did some stupid stuff that i regret deeply and now am paying the price for.Would i swap the £100 pounds i made then for seeing my baby walk hear her talk for the first time? what do you think???????????????
btw yes i did not realise this post was so old sorry about that.

Last edited by simatim; Dec 21st 2004 at 1:55 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: ****Denied K1 Visa today****....Appeal Question..(WAIVER)

Originally Posted by Rete

Rete
ha ya think i dont look at dates thats nothin lol this post was origionally started by my fiancee hahaha its MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .