British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Yukon classification??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/yukon-classification-772202/)

missieleah Sep 20th 2012 4:03 pm

Yukon classification???

Another quickie.. OH's boss has got us a Yukon to drive. I cant seem to find it under cars, trucks, vans etc., to get a quote for insurance. Anyone got any idea where it would be living in terms of classification. There are various GMC vehicles but not a Yukon. Does it even exist??? or am I spelling it wrong?

Former Lancastrian Sep 20th 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Yukon classification???

It exists see this link
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/gmc/yukon/overview

missieleah Sep 20th 2012 4:12 pm

MOG, its a 6.2L!! I'll need to be pulling the petrol station behind me. How much is petrol a ltr?

Former Lancastrian Sep 20th 2012 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by missieleah (Post 10291037)
MOG, its a 6.2L!! I'll need to be pulling the petrol station behind me. How much is petrol a ltr?

It varies in my area its $1.26.9 per litre for regular unleaded. Last week it was over $1.53 in some parts of Montreal.
I hate to think how much it is in Cambridge Bay or Inuvik.
Depending where you are living WTF do you need one of those beasts for:lol:

missieleah Sep 20th 2012 4:20 pm

We're going to SK and its kind of remote so I guess they think we need one??? I told them I needed a safe 7 seater but I didn't mean a military tank! Ah well, another lesson hard learnt!.. I still can't find it under any classification for insurance, maybe they reckon you dont need insurance, just DRIVE OVER everyone!:)

iaink Sep 20th 2012 4:22 pm

GMC Yukon = Chevy Tahoe

Its there in the insurance quick quote I just pulled up with all the other GMCs....

Yup, its going to cost a fortune to run. Unless you have a boat or horsebox to tow, and 3+kids, AND a big dog to schlep around all the time I dont see the point myself.

Former Lancastrian Sep 20th 2012 4:23 pm

Insurance in Saskatchewan is Govt run not private if not already aware.
http://www.sgi.sk.ca/
No need to shop around for rates they tell you what to pay :lol:

Oakvillian Sep 20th 2012 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by missieleah (Post 10291049)
We're going to SK and its kind of remote so I guess they think we need one??? I told them I needed a safe 7 seater but I didn't mean a military tank! Ah well, another lesson hard learnt!.. I still can't find it under any classification for insurance, maybe they reckon you dont need insurance, just DRIVE OVER everyone!:)

it'll probably be under SUVs, if that's a category choice, or trucks if it isn't. Or "great honking unnecessary heaps of gas-guzzling ridiculousness", but I suspect that isn't in the list ;)

ETA: it's there under "sport utility vehicle" on the basic plate calculator in Former Lancastrian's link.

Former Lancastrian Sep 20th 2012 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 10291056)
it'll probably be under SUVs, if that's a category choice, or trucks if it isn't. Or "great honking unnecessary heaps of gas-guzzling ridiculousness", but I suspect that isn't in the list ;)

Thats the Hummer classification :lol:

Please please please dont let her ask what a Hummer is.

iaink Sep 20th 2012 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10291057)

The old Hummer H2 was based on the Yukon / Tahoe platform, and has the same 6.2 V8;)

Maybe it used to be the bosses and he got sick of feeding the beast...

dbd33 Sep 20th 2012 4:42 pm

The man behind me commutes two hours each way in a Yukon. It's hardly worth him going to work.

missieleah Sep 20th 2012 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10291057)

Please please please dont let her ask what a Hummer is.

Hmmm.. no comment about the implied female "kick in the nuts!" knowledge of vehicles... That thing is bigger than most tractors we have in Ireland :-)

Anyway, thanks, I got the quote, $1300 approx for the year. I dread to think what new tyres will cost.. Good job OH has plenty of overtime..

Former Lancastrian Sep 20th 2012 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by missieleah (Post 10291105)
Hmmm.. no comment about the implied female "kick in the nuts!" knowledge of vehicles... That thing is bigger than most tractors we have in Ireland :-)

Anyway, thanks, I got the quote, $1300 approx for the year. I dread to think what new tyres will cost.. Good job OH has plenty of overtime..

TBH I wasnt concerned about your knowledge of vehicles in relation to the Hummer type of vehicle;)
I was more concerned about you asking what a Hummer is that is not a type of vehicle:rofl:

missieleah Sep 20th 2012 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 10291109)
TBH I wasnt concerned about your knowledge of vehicles in relation to the Hummer type of vehicle;)
I was more concerned about you asking what a Hummer is that is not a type of vehicle:rofl:

lol.. i actually googled it!.. I'm sure I've seen one somewhere

bats Sep 20th 2012 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by missieleah (Post 10291140)
lol.. i actually googled it!.. I'm sure I've seen one somewhere

I saw one yesterday.