Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

As you get old what can't you do anymore?

As you get old what can't you do anymore?

Old Oct 17th 2019, 5:31 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: As you get old what can't you do anymore?

Sleep in past 8am
Old Oct 17th 2019, 5:34 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

I could eat anything - and did... and never put a lb on - now I have to watch everything I eat.. the lb's creep on if I'm not looking...
That stated happening to me when I discovered poutine (29). Lol

Because I refuse to give up cheese it’s 5 days combination of boot camp, HIIT, Spin or weight training to keep the lbs from coming back on

Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Physical activity for any length of time without suffering the next day!
Remember names of actors/actresses- hubby and i sound like our parents!
Drink alcohol
Fart and know its just wind for sure (sorry LOL)
Old Oct 17th 2019, 8:08 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I am with Smithy on this drink till midnight n then work in the morning, not a chance now

oh and get cheap bus fare, but that may change again in 10 years
Old Oct 17th 2019, 11:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Sleep in past 8am
Now that's a really interesting one. It's not about being unable to do something through ageing in the sense of not having the strength or something isn't working anymore.

I think I've stayed in bed past 8am once or twice in around 10 years and only because I was ill. Of course it likely means no late nights as well.

If I'm not up by 7am, it's because I'm listening to something particularly interesting on the radio.

Originally Posted by shelley748
Remember names of actors/actresses- hubby and i sound like our parents!
I've had that problem for decades. I have someone's face in my mind and I just cannot put a name to them. But I know they were in a movie with another actor and I can't remember his name either but I know he was in a movie with someone else whose name I do remember.

So I go onto IMDB and find the movie for the person I do know the name of. I look through their list of movies to find the one they were in with the second one to get his name. So I then go through his movies to find the one with the first actor I was trying to name.

Before the internet/imdb I had a really big movies book where I could do something similar but I'd need the movie title first.

I used to work with a guy who I'd ask "who's that woman who was in that (genre film) with that bloke who co-starred in that movie about so-and-so that was on TV last Sunday?"

He'd look at me and say "You always do this," and then he'd come up with the name.
Well that's why I always did it as he'd follow my train of thought and tell me what I wanted.