Yorkshire Tea

Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:01 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire Tea

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Ooh, it's a slippery slope, I tell you. He's already left the innocent world of custard creams behind and is on the chocolate fillings. Ginger nuts can lead to uncomfortable feelings of inadequacy, only alleviated at great personal risk by experimenting with coconut macaroons. Don't go there, Oink.
I think this http://www.null-hypothesis.co.uk/sci...s_cup_tea_long contains the information Oink needs.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:05 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we're wrong. When did hard facts and science ever stand in the way of an "it doesn't taste the same" opinion.

Look, people, Tetley Orange Pekoe teabags sold in every single Canadian supermarket are EXACTLY THE SAME as Tetley Original teabags sold in the UK. For those who make a special journey over the border to buy "English" Tetley in US Walmart stores - it's a wasted journey. Tetley sells the same product in the US as "Classic Blend", in Canada as "Orange Pekoe" and in the UK as "Original." The US "British Blend" is the same stuff as the Canadian "Bold Blend." They're made in the same place, on the same production line, using the same ingredients, but put in boxes with different words and pictures on them. Any difference in a brew made using the same water is entirely in the imagination of the drinker.
I have never had Yorkshire Tea, and have skulked on the website for fear of being rebuffed! Thank You...I can now announce I am a loud and poud Tetleys Orange Pekoe Person (I think I feel superior to being a 'Tetleys original' girl)! Cheers!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I have never had Yorkshire Tea, and have skulked on the website for fear of being rebuffed! Thank You...I can now announce I am a loud and poud Tetleys Orange Pekoe Person (I think I feel superior to being a 'Tetleys original' girl)! Cheers!
It's just an illusion, apparently .
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Turtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we're wrong. When did hard facts and science ever stand in the way of an "it doesn't taste the same" opinion.

Look, people, Tetley Orange Pekoe teabags sold in every single Canadian supermarket are EXACTLY THE SAME as Tetley Original teabags sold in the UK. For those who make a special journey over the border to buy "English" Tetley in US Walmart stores - it's a wasted journey. Tetley sells the same product in the US as "Classic Blend", in Canada as "Orange Pekoe" and in the UK as "Original." The US "British Blend" is the same stuff as the Canadian "Bold Blend." They're made in the same place, on the same production line, using the same ingredients, but put in boxes with different words and pictures on them. Any difference in a brew made using the same water is entirely in the imagination of the drinker.
On the basis of this, I went out & picked up some Tetley Bold yesterday and...it was absolutely fine. I love my builder's tea but I think now I might even be able to stop asking UK visitors to bring over large amounts of Lancashire.

Now, if only someone could tell me where to buy Swaledale cheese....?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turtle
Now, if only someone could tell me where to buy Swaledale cheese....?
St. Lawrence Market, halfway down the east side of the south building, in the cabinet facing the entrance aisle.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Turtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
St. Lawrence Market, halfway down the east side of the south building, in the cabinet facing the entrance aisle.
Seriously? I'll be there. Thanks!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 5:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? I'll be there. Thanks!
I should say that while I've seen it there, I don't look for it every week. I'd call first: (416) 363-7602
Old Aug 26th 2013, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

London Drugs had 160bags of Yorkshire Tea Gold on sale for $10 recently, grabbed a box and it tastes exactly the same as in the UK - funnily enough I actually discovered it on my last visit to the UK from my mum! It's decent tea and has a bit more flavour than another favourite of mine - Twinings English Breakfast.

Oddly enough the Twinings English Breakfast in Canada and the US (which I nicknamed the "New Jersey blend" after where it's made) is actually nicer than the one back in England in my opinion. Has a softer, slightly smokier taste. Cheapest place I've found it is in World Market in Seattle, $10 for 100 bags. So in comparison the Yorkshire tea is definitely better value.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
I should say that while I've seen it there, I don't look for it every week. I'd call first: (416) 363-7602
Tried that store a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately they claimed never to have heard of Swaledale so I'm still searching. But, on the positive side, they did have some terrific Cheddar & Wensleydale.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Tried that store a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately they claimed never to have heard of Swaledale so I'm still searching. But, on the positive side, they did have some terrific Cheddar & Wensleydale.
Don't know if you have one but our Sobey's stocks a half decent selection of cheese including various British varieties.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 11:20 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GC44
Don't know if you have one but our Sobey's stocks a half decent selection of cheese including various British varieties.
Costco has got some really good cheeses in for Christmas, some really nice Welsh ones that I haven't seen for a while. There is a big round Brie and also an Italian Goats cheese too....that are not too flavourful, but if you stick them for a week to ten days in a cupboard at room temperature, they age beautifully and develop a deep taste.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I can now announce I am a loud and poud Tetleys Orange Pekoe Person
You see that Tetleys Orange Pekoe....

The Canadian stuff is bagged in Sunderland!

...by those Indian gentlemen from TATA, who now own said English tea brand.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:02 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Typhoo, available almost everywhere all of a sudden, I know you only get a oooh, with Typhoo, but I still prefer Tetleys
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

PG Tips.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 5:23 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Harris Assam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.