Yorkshire Pudding

Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yorkshire Pudding

Hi,
I have been trying to find the perfect recipe for Yorkshire Pudding since moving here, I do occasionally get success and they rise..... but recently not!
Would any of you share your recipe using all purpose flour, I am sure it is down to the flour (thats my excuse!)

Thankyou very much.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:48 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire Pudding

Originally Posted by charlottyb
Hi,
I have been trying to find the perfect recipe for Yorkshire Pudding since moving here, I do occasionally get success and they rise..... but recently not!
Would any of you share your recipe using all purpose flour, I am sure it is down to the flour (thats my excuse!)

Thankyou very much.
you can buy self-raising flour here too............. I cheat and buy mine frozen!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Use more eggs.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
you can buy self-raising flour here too............. I cheat and buy mine frozen!

You don't want to use self-raising flour for yorkshire puds!

I find that I get better results using white bread flour actually, but all purpose works as well.

My recipe involves equal volumes of flour and eggs and double the volume of milk/water.

so if you used 1 cup of flour you would use enough eggs to make 1 cup and then I would use 2 cups of a milk/water mix.

You do need to get the fat really, really hot - it should be smoking, before you put the batter in.

And I find I have more success if I use a muffin tin to make them in because it is deeper.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie

I find that I get better results using white bread flour actually, but all purpose works as well.

My recipe involves equal volumes of flour and eggs and double the volume of milk/water.

so if you used 1 cup of flour you would use enough eggs to make 1 cup and then I would use 2 cups of a milk/water mix.

You do need to get the fat really, really hot - it should be smoking, before you put the batter in.

And I find I have more success if I use a muffin tin to make them in because it is deeper.

Great, thanks very much. I will try it Sunday! My kids have them with any roast, whatever the meat.
Last week they said they were nice cakes!!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:16 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlottyb
Great, thanks very much. I will try it Sunday! My kids have them with any roast, whatever the meat.
Last week they said they were nice cakes!!
aw that's sweet.............mine love them too...they are yummy
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:41 am
Account Closed

This sounds just right to me. What we always do is to mix the eggs and milk together first, then add the flour. Definitely not selfraising otherwise you get hockey pucks. Beat the living daylights out of the mix and add to the smoking hot fat. I think adding animal fat, such as beef fat or lard makes a better yorkshire. Goose fat is best.

I like to make one big pan of the stuff and then rip it into pieces
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
This sounds just right to me. What we always do is to mix the eggs and milk together first, then add the flour. Definitely not selfraising otherwise you get hockey pucks. Beat the living daylights out of the mix and add to the smoking hot fat. I think adding animal fat, such as beef fat or lard makes a better yorkshire. Goose fat is best.

I like to make one big pan of the stuff and then rip it into pieces
as I said, I buy frozen...............don't know the ingredients.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

This is the recipe i use too, although just lately they have been of the hockey puck variety. Must be the air pressure
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by joelsa
This is the recipe i use too, although just lately they have been of the hockey puck variety. Must be the air pressure
probably.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:54 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Chookie;8122923]

You do need to get the fat really, really hot - it should be smoking, before you put the batter in..
Thats the answer

QUOTE]
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:53 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Miss Clinque;8124188]

You do need to get the fat really, really hot - it should be smoking, before you put the batter in..
Thats the answer

QUOTE]
But that sets the smoke alarms off and scares the dog

More eggs work.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:55 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Piff Poff;8124322]
Originally Posted by Miss Clinque

But that sets the smoke alarms off and scares the dog

More eggs work.
and whisk like hell to get lots of air bubbles.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;8124327]
Originally Posted by Piff Poff

and whisk like hell to get lots of air bubbles.
I find my mother's method of having a few sherries while cooking helps. Then imagine the batter is someone you dislike and batter the batter.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=fledermaus;8124405]
Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

I find my mother's method of having a few sherries while cooking helps. Then imagine the batter is someone you dislike and batter the batter.

I like your style of cooking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.